💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Is anyone else disappointed?

msquare91

Featured Posts

I'm not trying to be negative here, and I really am happy for those who are in love with the new music and the direction she's taking. But speaking as a loving fan, and not as a heartless critic, I'm just not digging the new music.

Like I said, I'm not trying to be negative, but I'm just curious to hear thoughts from anyone else who isn't ecstatic about the new music, because most of what I've read so far has been praise. I'm curious to know what people on the other side think.

Really the only song I liked was Swine (and Aura, but we already had heard that). I found most of the other songs to be just laughably bad. I wouldn't want to listen to any of those songs more than a few times. I found the lyrics, in particular, to be just awful. Easily the worst that she has ever put out.

It seemed like not only was the music different, but Gaga was as well. She seems so hurt, like she can barely keep herself together. I was really turned off during most of the performance because I felt like I was watching a washed-up version of Gaga perform, rather than the amazing performer I fell in love with. Did anyone else feel that way? She just seems so plagued by demons. 

I don't even want to lure myself into thinking that the studio versions will be better, because I already made the mistake of getting excited for the lead single, the VMA performance, and for these new songs, all of which I've found to be very disappointing, particularly after waiting so patiently for so long and being told over and over that this would blow all of her previous work out of the water somehow. Going into the rest of the era, I think having no expectations will be best, for me, anyway.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raikov

• Michael

• Nissa

• high heeled fem

Top Posters In This Topic

Squidward T

Well everyone is entitled to their opinion but tue only song I didnt like was J&D, the rest slayed

I had a completely different opinion .... I loved it more than BTW and most of The Fame... I thought most of the songs were good and I wasnt bored from any of them. I'm sorry you are disappointed cuz I am thrilled

Edited by SevaGaGa

lastlinefirst

This is totally me. Hearing the new stuff today literally made my heart sink. I love her to death but it just wasn't for me at all. I did like Swine though, just definitely not happy with Jewels N' Drugs. Makes me feel like she's being something she's not with that song just to be more commercial. It just, idk. Maybe I'll change my mind after hearing it more but idk if it's very likely. I love some of the songs, so maybe I'll like the rest that are on the album. Guess we'll see, I just feel heartbroken though. Also, I wasn't expecting it to sound like TF or BTW but I def wasn't expecting it to sound how it did. And you should know this is coming from someone who literally doesn't have a single Gaga song that she dislikes...ever.

Edited by lastlinefirst

• Shadow locked this topic