💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Is anyone else disappointed?

msquare91

Featured Posts

I agree with the OP. I haven't been able to see the performances, but some of the songs were disappointing. ARTPOP was good but it could have been better (melodically). MANiCURE is mediocre. Sex Dreams is cringey. I Wanna Be With You is forgettable. I'm not even talking about the lyrics because I can't understand anything she's saying. Applause was good, great even, but it sure as hell isn't "museum-worthy."

I came in super excited, especially with Aura leaking. I said I didn't have to worry anymore. Now... I don't know.

I can't say I was worried for Born This Way because I wasn't. We all laugh at BTW, but it was a solid album. I'm not sure I'll be able to say the same about ARTPOP. The fact that it's taken so long to make and that it's being billed as her comeback makes it even worse.

I honestly wish I could be as excited as everybody else. :( But I'm not feeling it.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raikov

• Michael

• Nissa

• high heeled fem

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny because everyone's been saying she looks happier and I loved the new material, even J&D and I don't like rap(I've repeated this already like 50 times but fück it :dead: ) you have your oppinion, also you don't have to like every single era or album, some people don't like TF, some people don't like BTW, there are even some people that don't like TFM, maybe you can stand it with remixes or live versions of the songs, you'll see, and if you don't like anything then you can hope for the next album to take the direction you want or Gaga shaking out the demons on her back, it's sad that you're disappointed but if you didn't like it then there's nothing we can do, it's your own oppinion after all :party: :kara: :sara:

I was kinda disappointed with ARTPOP but apart from that it was ok. I agree that Swine and Aura are the only songs that serve that 'smash' feeling.

Vernier

"A washed up version of Gaga" and you're not trying to be a heartless critic? :roll: Good for you that you don't like it, you can easily move on to someone and something else :shrug:

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Well it's impossible to please everyone. I personally LOVE the new stuff, hopefully the songs we haven't heard yet might change your mind! 

She is still kinda recovering from the surgery, so she can't dance as she did 3 years ago. Give her some time you guys. I love the whole show, there was not one song I didn't like. It was ARTPOP. She did say some of you will betrayed, while others will stand by me. This is what she was talking about. 

I absolutely adore the understated production of the song ARTPOP. and the melodies are flawless. 

ARTPOP and Sex Dreams are my favourites thus far.

Applause just seemed to stick out like a sore thumb to me

Ladey Gagz

Well everyone is entitled to their opinion but tue only song I didnt like was J&D, the rest slayed

Same here, I just don't like hip-hop (cept for Nicki's but dats an exception)

I have no comment about anyone's opinion because everyone is entitled to their own thoughts

however just from reading this it is crazy that the opinions vary so much and it is literally so impossible for gaga to please everyone

Princess Die

Laughably bad? Worst lyrics of her career? Clearly you've never heard 'Sometimes'.

:rip:

Nod if you wanna make love with the enemy. ❤

I enjoyed the concert a lot, but mostly because I actually enjoyed the music that was played.  I wasn't paying much attention to want Gaga was saying during her monologues or performance style.  However, I can see what you're saying about "washed up" vibe, but overall I think she did good.   

Edited by VickyStarstruck

Well think of it like this - if Gaga tried to be who she was in 2009-2010, then it would get boring very fast, and dare I say 'reductive'.  We need something newer and fresher every once in a while.  I'm sure she'll put in another 'Bad Romance' in another era or two.

Edited by Spyro
Spyro the Dragon

• Shadow locked this topic