• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raikov

• Michael

• Nissa

• high heeled fem

Top Posters In This Topic

Catalystluna56

Wow, wasn't this just a hole of negativity. I'm very pleased with the songs. Only thing I didn't like was that none of them have yet to scream out "I'm going to be an award winning single", but honestly after that performance I couldn't care. She loves us so much and to show her that we are disappointed with her would just about be the cruelest thing.

Sylvanas

I didn't really like ARTPOP or Sex Dreams, but other than that I though the songs were okay  :shrug: I'm really sorry that you didn't like the songs though, that must suck  :(  :hug:

"Who are we, if not slaves to this torment?"

she is being more vulnerable, not washed up :wtf: The songs are jam-worthy and the lyrics are fun and catchy. If you only like the dance rave songs I'm sure there will be more for you on the album. This is pop music though, so be ready for a wider variety than just that. 

She's a different person than she was in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, or even 2012. Performers change, music changes.

It sucks that you don't like her new image/music/performances...  :noparty:

People will attack you for the negativity but don't listen to them. You're voicing you're genuine opinion and to me that's commendable.

Personally, I loved most of what was presented today. It just made me want the studio versions more. I think Gaga is trying to go a less mainstream direction. She wants to impress pop, but she doesn't want to be cookie cutter. She's just following her brain. 

HausOfCarlos

I can't with some replys, why can't he give his opinion? everybody has a different taste, he didn't like, but anyway, wait for the album, don't judge yet

MANiCURE wasn't for me at all, but the rest of the songs she performed I can imagine myself and my friends dancing in a club at 4am to.
This was the first time Ive been truly impressed with this era... I love the new songs, some lyrics are left to be desired but you can't have it all.

Laughably bad? Worst lyrics of her career? Clearly you've never heard 'Sometimes'.

tumblr_inline_mnyrwmrpKd1qz4rgp.gif

At the end of the day, some people will just never be pleased. Gaga's debut was so strong that in some peoples eyes she will never top it and everything she does will be compared to that. It really isn't based on quality, it's based on people not wanting to let go of the past. In my opinion, these new songs are absolutely amazing and it's clear to see how much Gaga is evolving as an artist and exploring new grounds in her music and inner self. ARTPOP is shaping up to be not only an incredible album, but also a fascinating era.

Edited by Michael

barnabesk

Sex Dreams sounds nice, but the lyrics are so bland that it harms the song and it doesn't make me fall in love with it. I didn't like "Jewels N' Drugs" either, but the rest sounds pretty good in my opinion. Swine was the highlight for me :party:

This is totally me. Hearing the new stuff today literally made my heart sink. I love her to death but it just wasn't for me at all. I did like Swine though, just definitely not happy with Jewels N' Drugs. Makes me feel like she's being something she's not with that song just to be more commercial. It just, idk. Maybe I'll change my mind after hearing it more but idk if it's very likely. I love some of the songs, so maybe I'll like the rest that are on the album. Guess we'll see, I just feel heartbroken though.

this is what she was going against with the song - she even had the speech about being in a pop box before the song. She wants to branch out to all the kinds of music she likes. "You cannot define me" as Gaga would say. 

Also...more commercial?? This song is a huge risk commercially. 

• Shadow locked this topic