Lady Gaga to make appearance in Sin City sequel

stackhouse

Featured Posts

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LetsGetHigh

with joseph?

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

:cRY: :cRY: :cRY: :cRY: :cRY:

Same here!

It might be less cringe-worthy for me I guess because it's Gaga and everyone is praising her acting skills, but I agree I don't like when musicians do movies

The problem is a lot of these musicians are cast more because of name recognition and to cash in on their success instead of their acting talent.  Is it possible a musician can be a good actor?  Yes.  But I think a musician should go through the same struggles and pay their dues just like regular actors do.  They shouldn't be given a lead role on a silver platter.  Besides, a lot of these musicians just play themselves on the big screen and not do roles that really test their acting.

inb4 Gaga scraps her entire music career to become an actress. 

That's a concern I have.  I don't want to see Gaga end up "going hollywood".

The problem is a lot of these musicians are cast more because of name recognition and to cash in on their success instead of their acting talent.  Is it possible a musician can be a good actor?  Yes.  But I think a musician should go through the same struggles and pay their dues just like regular actors do.  They shouldn't be given a lead role on a silver platter.  Besides, a lot of these musicians just play themselves on the big screen and not do roles that really test their acting.

Good point.

I think Gaga has paid her dues. Not necessarily in full, but we know she has a theater background so it's not like she has no experience. And she's gotten nothing but great reviews from people who've worked with her, so I think that says something. Besides, she's OVERpaid her dues in other forms of media, so maybe she can just use those extra funds to put herself forward in the movie business. :haha:

tezbear91

I can't remember the first one. I have seen it before....but can't remember much now. Will have to re watch it I think. 

battle for your life.

Good point.

I think Gaga has paid her dues. Not necessarily in full, but we know she has a theater background so it's not like she has no experience. And she's gotten nothing but great reviews from people who've worked with her, so I think that says something. Besides, she's OVERpaid her dues in other forms of media, so maybe she can just use those extra funds to put herself forward in the movie business. :haha:

Let's keep in mind one thing.  It's one thing to say "She showed up on time, hit her marks, said her lines, etc.", but it's another to say "She gave a great performance, she captured the nuances and subtleties of the character, she conveyed the right emotions, etc."  So hopefully in Gaga's case she was more the second quoted sentence and not the first.  You don't have to be a good actor to do the first.

If she's that good, then she shouldn't have to pay her way to the top in the movie business. ;)   At least not unless she's funding her own film or something.

Let's keep in mind one thing.  It's one thing to say "She showed up on time, hit her marks, said her lines, etc.", but it's another to say "She gave a great performance, she captured the nuances and subtleties of the character, she conveyed the right emotions, etc."  So hopefully in Gaga's case she was more the second quoted sentence and not the first.  You don't have to be a good actor to do the first.

If she's that good, then she shouldn't have to pay her way to the top in the movie business. ;)   At least not unless she's funding her own film or something.

The comments she's gotten by Danny Trejo (I think that's who...the guy who plays Machete?) and Joseph Gordon-Levitt are more the second quote than the first. :)

The comments she's gotten by Danny Trejo (I think that's who...the guy who plays Machete?) and Joseph Gordon-Levitt are more the second quote than the first. :)

Well that's great then.  Assuming Gaga has skills, then maybe she'll become a decent actress if not an accomplished thespian.  I don't think she'll be a Meryl Streep and I don't think Scorsese will call her anytime soon, but she'll certainly be no Kim Kardashian (remember Tyler Perry's Temptation?).  But of course comparing Gaga to Kim Kardashian is like comparing a Porsche to a Pinto.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived