💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga #2 female artist of the new millenium in Germany

Liam Germanotta

Featured Posts

S&S did not count - only 100% female collabs counted.

WOW. That makes it even  more impressive, then. :party: 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Juanjo

So proud of her! That truly is amazing, being that Gaga has only been global for 5 years, guys. She's gone a long way. And to only imagine what's to come!

I dont think P!nks longevity and success can possibly be denied, the only reason I brush her off in terms of like influential females in pop music or whatever is the fact that even though shes remained after all these years she doesn't strike the same chord that people like rihanna or britney or even gaga have. she just exists in pop.

She had her big star moment with Missundaztood, but since then she's kept plugging away, flying just under the radar while churning out hit after hit, gradually becoming the biggest pop star that you never think of when you think of big pop stars.

Liam Germanotta

What bothers me more is the fact that Honey B is at 29

It's because Beyoncé "only" had 6 singles in the Top 10. "Baby Boy" did not count, since it's not 100% female. And I don't mean the gender of the song title :lolgaga:

Those songs are:

Crazy in Love #6

Déjà Vu #9

Beautiful Liar #1

If I Were a Boy #3 (B-side: Single Ladies)

Halo #5 (B-side: Diva)

Sweet Dreams #8 (B-side: Ego)

From 4 she only had o n e song to chart (Run The World (Girls) on #29) :smh:

"Single Ladies" is IMHO her signature song AND video - why the hell wasn't it released as separate A-side in Germany?  :awkney:  Some label strategy I just don't understand.

Great! Is it based on chart performance?

Yes, but not on actual sales figures. They did only count weeks in Top 10. #1 got 10 points, #10 got 1 point etc.

So, it definitely is representative, it even washes out inflation of sales due to privacy etc.!

WOW. That makes it even  more impressive, then.

Definitely! But I would love to see Britney make a solo top 10 again... It's half a decade now...

And by tomorrow we'll know if Gaga will have another Top 10 hit in Germany, it's pretty sure since she's in the Top 5 of all three major download portals :golfclap:

HausOfMiklaus

It's like another world when it comes to another country's charts. People should pay more attention to GLOBAL TALLIES rather than just the US or UK markets. It's the endgame that counts.  :staymad:

Melech

It's like another world when it comes to another country's charts. People should pay more attention to GLOBAL TALLIES rather than just the US or UK markets. It's the endgame that counts. :staymad:

And people should not forget that the german music market is (nearly) as big as the uk musikmarket. German music market is the fourth largest in the world!

:clap: Applause for Gags! Given the years she's been in the industry, #2 is a hell of success.  :clap:

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived