Liam Germanotta

Featured Posts

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Liam Germanotta

#8 Britney Spears

:party:

If Baby One More Time, Sometimes and Crazy would've counted (was 1999, old millenium) she would've been #1 I guess.

I can see why Rihanna is #1 though. She's been here since like 06 and still slays everyone. :coffee:

Exactly. Pop stans on forums seem to really underestimate her. They swear that shes nearly irrelevant all the time or something yet shes been around since 2005 and continuously dishes out hits and the public never tires of her, ever. And to top it off shes a modern style icon as well. I think pop stans just write her off because shes a quick fix, but regardless shes successful as ****. Shes probably the most relevant pop star of the bunch i'd argue.

If Baby One More Time, Sometimes and Crazy would've counted (was 1999, old millenium) she would've been #1 I guess.

Did Scream & Shout count? Because that was a big hit in Germany. 9 weeks at #1. Which is longer than ANY of her other singles. 

Anyways, I'm glad at her ranking because she didn't even have a hit single there with her last album and Circus era wasn't all that either in Germany. 

Liam Germanotta

Until 2012, Gaga was the artist with most weeks on #1 in the new millenium - with 17 weeks, record!

But then in late 2011 Rihanna reached #1 with "We Found Love" for 4 weeks, her first solo #1 in Germany since "Don't Stop The Music".

In late 2012, after "Diamonds" went also #1, for an impressive time of T E N weeks, thus she finally had the most weeks on #1 in the new millenium, making Gaga move to #2.

But Gaga only needs five more weeks on #1 to reign again!

Rihanna #1: 21 weeks

2007: Umbrella, 5 weeks

2007: Don't Stop The Music, 2 weeks

2011: We Found Love, 4 weeks

2012: Diamonds, 10 weeks (!)

Lady Gaga #1: 17 weeks

2009: Poker Face, 13 weeks

2009: Paparazzi, 1 week

2010: Bad Romance, 1 week

2011: Born This Way, 2 weeks

Did Scream & Shout count? Because that was a big hit in Germany. 9 weeks at #1. Which is longer than ANY of her other singles. 

Anyways, I'm glad at her ranking because she didn't even have a hit single there with her last album and Circus era wasn't all that either in Germany. 

S&S did not count - only 100% female collabs counted.

Liam Germanotta

Although collabs were only counted if they were 100% female, I am not sure what they did in case of a mixed collab with the female singer being the main artist.

So they did e.g. not count "S&S" for Britney, "Promiscuous" for Nelly and probably not "Just Dance" for Lady Gaga. Oh, I gotta update this in the OP.

Melech

Nelly Furtado #5

brb moving to Germany

tumblr_mhzb43acS71rvb2ooo3_250_zps984a43

I remember that Loose was one of the first albums I bought :flutter:

Liam Germanotta

Exactly. Pop stans on forums seem to really underestimate her. They swear that shes nearly irrelevant all the time or something yet shes been around since 2005 and continuously dishes out hits and the public never tires of her, ever. And to top it off shes a modern style icon as well. I think pop stans just write her off because shes a quick fix, but regardless shes successful as ****. Shes probably the most relevant pop star of the bunch i'd argue.

I agree 100%. But don't forget Pink, she's around since 2000 and is always doing very well. Her least selling album was Try This with 2.7m, but Rated R "only" had 3m as well.

I don't wanna say that Pink is THE icon of the new millenium, but she is the only female artist that started her career around the new millenium and is still successful on a global scale. (We can't say that about Britney, since she lost a lot relevance on European charts since her blackout).

BornSimon

For Mel C and Keri Hilson it's because of songs that were just released or successful in Germany, Austria and Switzerland due to special promotion. Mel C's "First Day Of My Life" was the title track of a German TV series and Keri Hilson's "I Like" was promoted with a very successful German movie. Both were long time #1 and ages in the Top 10.

To be fair Melanie had two massive hits in 2000: Never Be The Same Again and I Turn To You, they were both top10 in Germany, so it's not all about First Day Of My Life.

Babel

I remember that Loose was one of the first albums I bought :flutter:

You're flawless tbh

tumblr_mkncchwI821ruous7o6_400_zps3abc5a

It was indeed a loose experience. One of the best albums ever.

Liam Germanotta

Well, the Circus era did give her some points for this ranking, since Womanizer was Top 10 for three weeks (#4-#9-#7). But yeah, Femme Fatale was underperforming all the way (which I don't get - people just wrote her off. I really hope S&S made her a new platform to start, so we can have hopes for the new era).

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived