Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

UK Charts Discussion

WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

Ive stopped when you said that Treasure was a flop. It was a top 10 in most of the countries. Yes, it was 12 in UK, but that doesnt make it a flop.

It was only top ten in 10 countries. And I'd consider anything outwith the top ten to be a flop. The public will remember Just The Way You Are, Grenade, The Lazy Song, Locked Out Of Heaven and When I Was Your Man, but they won't remember Treasure. Considering the UK loves Bruno and makes all his singles successful and considering his last two songs went to #2, to miss out on top ten with his third single is cause for concern. Had Lebanon not swooped in at the last minute, it never would have had a #1. When I Was Your Man was the same - no #1's until the US swooped in at the last minute. And Gorilla will not have any #1's for the reasons I mentioned. His albums and singles are going #1 in fewer and fewer countries now, so he can't afford risky singles like this anymore.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Freddy

Today's update :

Radio airplay : #12 (+3, top 10 by sunday ?)

TV airplay : #11 (+4)

Really good :)

Applause matches the airplay peak of 'You and I' and 'Marry the Night'.

Today's update :

sounds good :D 

Harry

Today's update :

Growing quickly now, top ten in time for next week!

Also thank you for posting these every day, they're helpful!

It was only top ten in 10 countries. And I'd consider anything outwith the top ten to be a flop. The public will remember Just The Way You Are, Grenade, The Lazy Song, Locked Out Of Heaven and When I Was Your Man, but they won't remember Treasure. Considering the UK loves Bruno and makes all his singles successful and considering his last two songs went to #2, to miss out on top ten with his third single is cause for concern. Had Lebanon not swooped in at the last minute, it never would have had a #1. When I Was Your Man was the same - no #1's until the US swooped in at the last minute. And Gorilla will not have any #1's for the reasons I mentioned. His albums and singles are going #1 in fewer and fewer countries now, so he can't afford risky singles like this anymore.

He was top 10 in US, which is the most important market. And Treasure, look at the video, seems that it was nothing more than an innocent play, but a smart one. It was a simple song and a simple video, enjoyable and without females characters in the video.

Actually he can afford this risky singles now more. He is a star now and he doesnt have to go no 1 over and over again. He actually must take risks, because if he will not do that, the people will simply get bored of him. He must go to the next level.

SomethingMore

Its gonna reach top 10 in airplay. Thats great.

Does anyone else agree with me, Gaga will be #8 this week on official chart?

Harry

Its gonna reach top 10 in airplay. Thats great.

Does anyone else agree with me, Gaga will be #8 this week on official chart?

Yes I think so

Today's update :

From where you get this?

Harry

This morning Gaga is pretty much clear of Naught Boy & Emeli at #8 though that has been discounted to 59p already so we may see that rise fast. But Applause is still getting closer and closer to DJ Fresh & Diplo at #6. However once she makes it to #6 she might be waiting for a while as Lana has gained a lot since yesterday and there's a huge gap.

Any major releases tomorrow that could be threatening?

i hope the itunes festival pushes her to top 5

LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

blahblahblahhhh

Why in the name of God is Pitbull featured on Avicii's "Wake Me Up". Omg, it sounds so lame and stupid, why, why, why, I am so flabbergasted right now :fail:

Archived