Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

"Applause" garnered 10.5m views in 24 hours!

Gypsy18

Featured Posts

geopang

Now we all know how well we did viewing the video and we will just up the ante next time a d watch it more

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Slaylor Swift

Now where is those "Applause broke the VEVO record" threads? :miley:

Anyway, :clap: :clap:

monsters will never come close to the power of tween girls and their boy bands :teehee:

LM is strongest fan base, just because hip's injury. Justin, Miley, 1D had a lot pr  :emo:

Stupid leaker ruined it...would've definitely snatched the record if the vid was released the same day as the song. 

Oh well.

PlasticHo

#VEVO24HourViews: 4. @ladygaga #Applause 10.5M, 3. @justinbieber #BAAB 10.6M, 2. @MileyCyrus #WeCantStop 10.7M, 1. @OneDirection #BSE 12.3M

I will also add that I personally believe they have been busy deleting "fake" views these past few days. They likely didn't do that for these other artists. I'm basing this on following it NONSTOP these last few days. I've watched likes, comments, etc. I'm mad.

At any rate, let's get to 100M

StrawberryBlond

4th is still amazing. I knew the claims of 6.8 million were bogus. 10.5 million is completely believable and that was a figure I knew I'd be happy with whatever happens. It also means that the views didn't completely flatline after the 24 hours. The record would have been awesome but there's still at least another 4 videos to come which will have massive hype and care will be taken to avoid a premature release which may have reduced views. And we can now focus on a new record - getting it to 100 million views in 35 days to beat Miley's record.

Positives

1. We now have a reference point for how long VEVO can take to process 24 hour views. 3 days and 4 hours, to be precise. This means that we won't have meltdowns if her future videos take this long to finalise views.

2. We now have a reference point for how many likes/dislikes are equal to views. When Gaga hit the 24 hour mark she had 232,118 total ratings. That now means that 10.5 million are equal to that and we can now measure how far along she is in the future (approximately).

3. We're the fourth highest debut of all time, beating lead single videos from Justin Beiber and One Direction. Even Katy and Rihanna haven't beaten the record with their really successful singles.

4. We only missed Miley's debut numbers by 200,000. Miley went on to achieve the record for getting 100 million in 36 days. If we're only 200,000 behind, it means we're in with a big chance of breaking that record.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived