💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Bill Werde's issue with gaga tweeting link to watch her video.

Nolan

35 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this is fair?

• yes! absolutely!
    • no! wtf!

Featured Posts

She said it was an accident (she just retweeted someone's tweet and she thought it was just a link to the video, not a giant playlist of the video)

I think he was saying that views made by using the "playlist" method following the link Gaga tweeted will not count, not that her MV streams won't count toward her chart position. How he's able to determine that, I don't know. Must have a way of working that out with Vevo/YouTube.

Yeah i Just saw that. I hope they dont punish her for this.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Americano

Wait, wha? I didn't realize Gaga's new tweet only had the video link in it, so what's he getting all pissy about?

A retweet she took down which makes him even more idiotic and immature lmao

I think it's fair. A Billboard chart is supposed to represent consumer interest, not the inflated views created by fans who played a video 150 times over and over. Now, if they disqualify ALL the views, THAT is unfair. 

If it was an ACCIDENT, then it shouldn't be held against her. 

gagarunner

It was foolish of her to tweet that link. If someone like Katy Perry or Nicki Minaj tweeted a link to a playlist of a single song to just hit play and leave, you all would be going crazy, saying how desperate and 'floppy' they are. Disappointed that she did that tbh--and ill give her the benefit of the doubt that she didn't check the link, but still, you are tweeting a link to 40 MILLION people--like check it thoroughly.

Americano

I think it's fair. A Billboard chart is supposed to represent consumer interest, not the inflated views created by fans who played a video 150 times over and over. Now, if they disqualify ALL the views, THAT is unfair.

But would they care if a lesser known act posted such a playlist? No.

Arturo

Billboard let Harlem Shake top the chart for 5 weeks because of stupid 30 seconds videos. 
Let's NOT with "gaming the charts"
Bs.

Let him feel important for 5 seconds, after all he works for a dying magazine

But will this effect her chart position. Because their charts do matter to many.

A retweet she took down which makes him even more idiotic and immature lmao

Bill Werde â€@bwerde 7m

Please keep this in context.  Streaming is only a portion of Hot100 and surely overwhelming percent of views have been well-earned.

Can we stop bashing him now please? He was just clarifying the way the charts work.

Im blonde, I'm skinny, I'm rich, and I'm a little bit of a bitch.

Americano

It was foolish of her to tweet that link. If someone like Katy Perry or Nicki Minaj tweeted a link to a playlist of a single song to just hit play and leave, you all would be going crazy, saying how desperate and 'floppy' they are. Disappointed that she did that tbh--and ill give her the benefit of the doubt that she didn't check the link, but still, you are tweeting a link to 40 MILLION people--like check it thoroughly.

Oh so justin bieber? Yawn

Americano

Billboard let Harlem Shake top the chart for 5 weeks because of stupid 30 seconds videos.

Let's NOT with "gaming the charts"

Bs.

Thank you, his and Billboards Hot 100 has become a big fat joke anyway yet they're gonna take aim at Lady Gaga for a retweet? The nerve is a bit.. Unnerving.

pie-kun

Bill Werde â€@bwerde 7m

Please keep this in context.  Streaming is only a portion of Hot100 and surely overwhelming percent of views have been well-earned.

Can we stop bashing him now please? He was just clarifying the way the charts work.

Yeah, but he's clearly being an asshole about it since she already realized the mistake, deleted it and moved on long before he ever tweeted this.

mhmm he feels the need to point this out NOW even though other artists have publicly manipulated charts way before Gaga. :roll:

At least Gaga deleted the retweet. 

Archived