💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Bill Werde's issue with gaga tweeting link to watch her video.

Nolan

35 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this is fair?

• yes! absolutely!
    • no! wtf!

Featured Posts

Wait so If I refresh it myself does that count?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Americano

I agree with him. It's sad that this is what the music industry has become.

The only thing that's sad here is Billboard thinking they're relevant during the days of iTunes

Gaga shouldn't have done that.  It is kinda cheating.

She said it was an accident (she just retweeted someone's tweet and she thought it was just a link to the video, not a giant playlist of the video)

I think he was saying that views made by using the "playlist" method following the link Gaga tweeted will not count, not that her MV streams won't count toward her chart position. How he's able to determine that, I don't know. Must have a way of working that out with Vevo/YouTube.

Im blonde, I'm skinny, I'm rich, and I'm a little bit of a bitch.

MessyTop

I agree with him. It's sad that this is what the music industry has become.

What's the difference between her tweeting the video link and or the iTunes link to buy the song!?

pie-kun

This is quite odd. Didn't Billboard say that "spam" views (i.e. people leaving their computers on and having it watch it over and over again) were not counted as streams? This seems to contradict that.

Morphine Prince

Oh, please. It was a mistake. She untweeted it now. Get over yourself. 

KqseR6K.gif

Americano

Although she did take that link down so IDK.....................

Let him feel important for 5 seconds, after all he works for a dying magazine

Zilla

Ugh it's been proven that other fanbases have used auto-refresh technology and things before to get their views, so if they penalize one they should penalize all.

I wish she didn't tweet that :fail: All my views are genuine.

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

This is quite odd. Didn't Billboard say that "spam" views (i.e. people leaving their computers on and having it watch it over and over again) were not counted as streams? This seems to contradict that.

That's exactly what he's saying in those tweets.

Bill Werde

â€@bwerde

We count multiple views per person. Go to Vevo and keep watching a video on your own and we count it.

^^This means multiple views count, but you need to click multiple times/refresh and not just have it auto play over and over.

Edit: Not sure why everyone's being so defensive/angry about this. He's obviously referring to the link she sent out to a mega playlist of just her song on repeat (which was an accident). He said in the most recent tweet he's giving her the benefit of the doubt that it was an accident.

He's just telling people that this method doesn't work, which is a good thing. We shouldn't all feel like we need 10,000 versions of the video streaming 24/7 on all our comps for Gaga to chart competitively. Let actual, legit views count and that's it.

Im blonde, I'm skinny, I'm rich, and I'm a little bit of a bitch.

pie-kun

Wait, wha? I didn't realize Gaga's new tweet only had the video link in it, so what's he getting all pissy about?

MessyTop

She's is te biggest Pop star in this planet.

People are just trying to find ways to bring her down. I don't get it.

She did nothing wrong! WE are watching the video! Links or not

Archived