Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Inez & Vinoodh Explains Applause Music Video *UPDATED with more scenes

Alien Tulip

Featured Posts

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Elizabeth

The thing about the part on the mattress being real and the rest of it represented as the dreams she had is literally what I thought it meant

It's nice to hear some stuff about this fro. The directors.

Wait, what about the cage scene?

They left the suit + tail and the single cover looks without explanation too...

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Alcina Dimitrescu

great, I wont have to wait for Vigilant Citizen's explanation article :popcorn:

They left the suit + tail and the single cover looks without explanation too...

And this wtf

noting that she and Vinoodh were inspired by silent movies and early horror films.

I noticed that when I watched the premiere, it's one of my favorite things about the video :nooo:

Alien Tulip

Wait, what about the cage scene?

It was inspired by early horror movies and so I guess Gaga wanted to add her trademark wacky scene into the video.

stackhouse

When we started shooting it, it felt so great we said ‘Let’s do the whole song on this mattress and do the choreography laying down.’

Giving me Edge of Glory teas

The Clam Bikini

She explained that “we were extremely inspired by Botticelli’s painting,†for that look where Gaga appears in a clam shell bikini, her curls cascading around her shoulders. She added “[We were also inspired by] having this idea that she goes through this struggle to go back onstage, which is in that pink laser tower. And she’s sort of dragging that leg as a trophy and making it back on stage as a fully-realized, complete new person and that’s why the Botticelli came to mind.â€

Anyone remember that twitter account that clamed to be a hacker?  they posted this Botticelli picture http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/47/La_nascita_di_Venere_(Botticelli).jpg/1280px-La_nascita_di_Venere_(Botticelli).jpg

DirtyPony33

what a great explanation! but I think they mulled over the part where the third leg resembles a blunt and the reference to purple haze. noticed that right away.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived