💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga overall UK singles sales tally: 7,629,000

spicemuncher

Featured Posts

Robotboy

her real impact/promo for the songs begin today :dies: even most radio stations will add it to their real playlists now.. its a gaga lead single ffs

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on, Applause will climb. It's only been a week

:legend:

ᴸᵒᵒᵏ, ᵗʰᵉ ʷᵒʳˡᵈ ˢᵗᵃʳᵗˢ ᵗᵒ ᵈⁱˢᵃᵖᵖᵉᵃʳ “ᶠⁱⁿᵈ ᵐᵉ”, ˢᵒᵐᵉᵒⁿᵉ ˢᶜʳᵉᵃᵐˢ ᵒᵘᵗ.

Especially after the Itunes Festival it should go up :party:

Yeah, it definitely will!

I don't think I've even heard 'Chillin'' before... :deadbanana:

Arturo

I really hope people are joking when they say that MTN and Chillin' did better than Applause.............

Wixson

I seriously don't understand why the **** are you expecting it to sell two million copies in a week. 

Applause sold 38,000 in one week?! That's awesome, especially as people are just warming up to her again!! Now with the era officially starting, the music video, VMA's, and iTunes festival things will get going even more! All my hopes are pinned on her swinging by Radio 1 when she's over here for the iTunes festival: another live lounge performance would be AMAZING and I feel like it will probably happen :) Another boost for Applause

SonofaBeast

I don't want to knock Gaga's achievements but her sales prove how easy it is to sell singles in the digital age.

Before iTunes the public didn't have the choice of downloading just one song for between 69p and 99p. Singles back then cost an average of between £1.99 and £4.99 on cassette, CD, 7" and 12". Unlike nowadays on iTunes, people had no choice about whether they wanted a couple of crappy remixes or a dull B-side. The other thing is that singles released prior to downloading were eventually deleted. You can still buy a Gaga single online that was released way back in 2008. In the past a person would have to shop in second hand stores to find an old single. A 10 million plus selling physical single was rare before downloading, now we have crap like 'Tik Tok' by Ke$ha selling 14 million copies worldwide. This is why Britney Spears selling over 9 million physical copies of 'Baby One More Time' is a lot more impressive than selling the same amount of a digital single.

Rihanna is another example. I read a little while back that her UK singles sales are 10.4 million, just a few hundred thousand ahead of Kylie Minogue. It took Rihanna 8 years to achieve this, Kylie 25 years. Madonna has sold about 17.6 million singles in the UK in a 30 year career. What's really surprising is she's never had a million-selling single in the UK despite 13 #1 hits.

SonofaBeast

I don't want to knock Gaga's achievements but her sales prove how easy it is to sell singles in the digital age.

Before iTunes the public didn't have the choice of downloading just one song for between 69p and 99p. Singles back then cost an average of between £1.99 and £4.99 on cassette, CD, 7" and 12". Unlike nowadays on iTunes, people had no choice about whether they wanted a couple of crappy remixes or a dull B-side. The other thing is that singles released prior to downloading were eventually deleted. You can still buy a Gaga single online that was released way back in 2008. In the past a person would have to shop in second hand stores to find an old single. A 10 million plus selling physical single was rare before downloading, now we have crap like 'Tik Tok' by Ke$ha selling 14 million copies worldwide. This is why Britney Spears selling over 9 million physical copies of 'Baby One More Time' is a lot more impressive than selling the same amount of a digital single.

Rihanna is another example. I read a little while back that her UK singles sales are 10.4 million, just a few hundred thousand ahead of Kylie Minogue. It took Rihanna 8 years to achieve this, Kylie 25 years. Madonna has sold about 17.6 million singles in the UK in a 30 year career. What's really surprising is she's never had a million-selling single in the UK despite 13 #1 hits.

I'm aware that remix/maxi singles on iTunes can still cost 1.99 or over but a person has the choice whether to buy the whole thing or just the one song (the hit ) for a fraction of the price. I wasn't sure if I made this clear in my original post.

• Mills locked this topic

Archived