Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

"Applause" debuts at number 5 on official UK charts

KING5KAT

Featured Posts

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haroon

This is great! Born This Way debuted at #3 but didn't go any further unfortunately, then again the video wasn't released until AGES later. Whereas Applause has the video coming tomorrow and loads of promo coming up   

SonofaBeast

#5 isn't THAT impressive. Born This Way was released on the friday yet in debuted at #3 on the Sunday. Applause has had nearly a full weeks worth of sales (it only missed out on Monday) but has debuted two places lower. I also wouldn't expect the music video to make much difference. Born This Way remained at #3 even when it had a full weeks worth of sales behind it and the music video a couple of weeks later.

The fact that a brand new Lady Gaga single has only just scrapped into the top 5 is pretty disappointing, especially since she's a) had a front page banner on iTunes since Tuesday b) she's been tweeting fans non-stop to buy it c) the chart battle with Katy Perry has been heavily reported in the UK press. It's not like the British public aren't aware she has a new single out. The Born This Way era has really harmed her in the UK. It's going to be laughable if she fails to pull a #1 single off this album in the UK.

I would bet good money that Katy Perry will debut at #1 with Roar in September.

Americano

#5 isn't THAT impressive. Born This Way was released on the friday yet in debuted at #3 on the Sunday. Applause has had nearly a full weeks worth of sales (it only missed out on Monday) but has debuted two places lower. I also wouldn't expect the music video to make much difference. Born This Way remained at #3 even when it had a full weeks worth of sales behind it and the music video a couple of weeks later.

The fact that a brand new Lady Gaga single has only just scrapped into the top 5 is pretty disappointing, especially since she's a) had a front page banner on iTunes since Tuesday b) she's been tweeting fans non-stop to buy it c) the chart battle with Katy Perry has been heavily reported in the UK press. It's not like the British public aren't aware she has a new single out. The Born This Way era has really harmed her in the UK. It's going to be laughable if she fails to pull a #1 single off this album in the UK.

I would bet good money that Katy Perry will debut at #1 with Roar in September.

Go away, you're very obviously  a troll and are mad prospects of Applause turning around with the video are brightening lol

Archived