Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Discussion - Your Honest Thoughts/Reviews of Applause.

MelbHawker

Featured Posts

Oh they are known as the 'bridge' of the song. Yeah I see what you mean. It's mostly 'ooh ooh's' and 'touch, touch'. IMO it works though.

yea but how amazing would it be if it had a bridge like judas!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hunky Dory

I don't like it, I think she's done much better. It just sounds so generic and the beats in the chorus remind me of Calvin Harris' 'Bounce'. Gaga has lost her magic touch with me, it's like she has run out of steam already.

To be honest I expected something more futuristic sonicaly. I mean the chorus are great, her vocal in the verses is flawless but the beat just feels so 2000s.

She/her label propably wanted to play it safe but imho aura would have given better result.

I had lil meltdown when I first heard it, now it grown on me but it took some time. 

lyrics: 8/10

vocal: 10/10

music: 5/10

overall: 7.6/10

Basically this. 

I think Applause feels like a Just Dance. A catchy pop song to get noticed (she's rebirthing now, right?) and then a few months later a world slayage with Poker Face, which hopefully the 2nd single will do too.

thats what i believe too.

I actually want it to be a little longer. It is a very brief flash of a song for me, it doesn't feel like it really hit me. Even a proper bridge would help that out for me. Poker Face, Bad Romance and Born This Way were big songs. Applause just doesn't feel big, in size nor length.

I would give it a 7/10 if I was 100% honest with myself. It is a bloody earworm, I will give it that and I like the concept of the song. Her vocals in the verses are also amazing, in my oppinion. Love that Bowie 'wobble'.

her vocals are perfect, the prechorus slays and the chorus is so catchy but i feel the production makes it sound messy, if you know what i mean.

Neight Shayde

I wish I didn't listen to those leaks because it kinda ruined the song for me. I wanted to be surprised, but I was underwhelmed. At first listen I wasn't sure whether the song would be a hit or not, but after a few listens i've grown to love it. It's so good.

NOW IT'S ON FULL REPEAT EVERYDAY. 

Slaylor Swift

First listen : 9/10

Now : 7/10

I think Roar is better than Applause 

:udidnt: , but I want Applause to slay the chart  :hehe: 

I love EVERYTHING about this song. This song is just what I needed in my life.

First of all, the lyrics. The lyrics of the song are so ****ing amazing and lyrical, it is quite extraordinary for a pop song. Not to mention how she's paying a tribute to David Bowie with her singing voice. I love the fact that she's bringing out her theatrical side into an entire song. THAT'S the Gaga that I want to hear. I'm also proud of her not being afraid to sing as a true artist and break the 4th wall in the song.

Also, the beats are EVERYTHING. They are so EDM-ish and also so retro at the same time. You know, like this video game from the 90's. The J-pop and the house influences are EVERYTHING that I needed from Gaga. This is my favorite lead single from Gaga that she has ever made.

Now, most of you people are complaining "Oooh, the song is soo unrelatable, I don't like it". Listen up, b---hes. Please tell me, when you go to a theatre to watch a play, do you go to it only because you expect it to relate to your personal problems in one way or another? Or after reading a book about the struggles and life of the families of rich/poor people (Such as "Father Goriot"), you suddenly start comparing your life into the situation in the book? If you do, you should really start a--lyzing the true meaning of ART. Art IS NOT about how your life is ****ing related to the main art piece. Art is about giving a feeling, an emotion in the exact same moment.

Art is about diving into a whole new universe that you have never experienced before, that is something fascinating and new. Art is about the experience in the whole brand new reality that the art piece is giving you. Applause is about a story of an artist which is struggling for fame, for the applause. It's the story of one's effort and the other's appreciation. The longing for the approval and for the fame is the reason why the pierrot on the cover is sad. 

There's a reason why it's in ARTPOP.

Apple for me, apple for you.

Love it, 3rd fave gaga song after teog and hml, have no idea why its flopping

LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

First listen : 9/10

Now : 7/10

I think Roar is better than Applause  :udidnt: , but I want Applause to slay the chart  :hehe: 

marilyn-monroe-bye.gif

DANCESEXARTPOP

Okay, so. Having moved past all the hype, I have thought long and hard about the song. I'm glad that the song is fun and radio friendly. It was (musically) everything I hoped for from a lead single. However, the pretentious, artsy and unrelatable lyrics make it difficult to relate to. It almost doesn't feel human. Even though, it was slightly messy, Aurqa had 75% great lyrics - "Do you wanna see the girl who lives behind the aura" makes gaga sound human and vulnerable, which is extremely relatable. I really wish we had better lyrics for this song.

The song as a whole does feel a bit rushed. It's almost as if the song was 4:00 long, but they decided to jam the extra 30 seconds into it so it would fit the radio. It leaves no room for an epic lyrical breakdown (HML, DIDT, BR) or instrumental (TEOG, AURQA). The production in the chorus sadly drowns out the most fun and catchy lines of the song, which makes the MASSIVE hook ineffective. Basically, we can hear the crappy lyrics clearly and loudly, but the best bits are drowned out.

That being said however, It is an absolute banger, and the only times I haven't had it on repeat have been to work.

First listens 9/10

Now 7.5/10

Kermit the frog

It's a cool song with cool (but full of gaga's huge ego) lyrics. It feels inferior to her previous work and repetitive, but for me there's no escaping from loving her music. It rly is infectious, but I guess I expected the 2nd coming and what I got was a mediocre song. Still like it though, I love the way she sings in it.

All I'm gonna need from this song is for her to come back to making sick-ass cool videos. Gimme dem bad romances and telephones, gaga!

DANCESEXARTPOP

bad romance - walk walk

Pokerface - i wont tell you that i love you kiss or hug you

paparazzi - real good we dance in the studio

just dance - half psychotic sick hypnotic

love game - i can see you standing there

ditd - marilyn judy sylvia

born this way - dont be a drag just be a queen whether ur broke

judas - in the most biblical sense i am beyond repetence

Get my point. These verses make the song exciting, everyone wants to hear that part, something applause lacks.

THIS x 100000

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived