💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Discussion - Your Honest Thoughts/Reviews of Applause.

MelbHawker

Featured Posts

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MelbHawker

i hate the chorus, love the applause part but it took forever to figure it out and its missing a third verse, the exciting part of the song that everyone waits to hear.

Pop Songs never have third verses though. 

TropicOfCANCER

The chorus is extremely catchy although the vocals are sort of swallowed by the electronic sounds it's paired up with but nevertheless, it's totally euphoric. I love the almost-robotic 'A-P-P-L-A-U-S-E'.. it took me 5 or 6 listens to actually realise what she was saying. It's an earworm. My favourite thing about the song is the drum roll/beat right before the chorus begins (Is that called the hook? I'm not familiar with the terminology). It doesn't happen before the second chorus - only the first and last chorus. I also love how she sings 'Pop Culture was in Art, now Art's in Pop Culture, in meeee'. It's my favourite line of the song. 

i hate that its not included after the second verse! all or nothing, please!

Redstreak

I was disappointed at first but now I can't stop playing it.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

I love it. Can't say much more because there's nothing too deep or metaphorical about it. I love it, love the verses, especially the IV and pop culture parts. It's great and it deserves a lot of success.

Stefani's probably referring to a bridge with actual lyrics since the post says it's the most exciting part of the song.

I personally love it. It's so unbelieveably catchy, the production is to die for, I love her voice in the verses and how it changes in the chorus. The 'Applause-plause' part before the chorus gives me chills every time I hear it..

I love it, and I love the fact that she's brought out a song that is 100% fun. It's like Just Dance, she's a pop musician. To her, writing about partying and having a good time is just as artistic as writing a song about the meaning of life. And not that Applause has no meaning, because it is very personal to her. It's about how she lives for her fans adoration and it also took on a whole new meaning after her hip injury.

I just love the song, I have no negatives. 10/10.

bad romance - walk walk

Pokerface - i wont tell you that i love you kiss or hug you

paparazzi - real good we dance in the studio

just dance - half psychotic sick hypnotic

love game - i can see you standing there

ditd - marilyn judy sylvia

born this way - dont be a drag just be a queen whether ur broke

judas - in the most biblical sense i am beyond repetence

Get my point. These verses make the song exciting, everyone wants to hear that part, something applause lacks.

MelbHawker

i hate that its not included after the second verse! all or nothing, please!

It totally should have been included before the second chorus! It's sick!

dont get me wrong, i love gagas work, applause is on repeat. Im a monster, a gaga fan. I believe we all have a duty to promote gaga, stick up for her and to trust in her ability and stay loyal.

MelbHawker

bad romance - walk walk

Pokerface - i wont tell you that i love you kiss or hug you

paparazzi - real good we dance in the studio

just dance - half psychotic sick hypnotic

love game - i can see you standing there

ditd - marilyn judy sylvia

born this way - dont be a drag just be a queen whether ur broke

judas - in the most biblical sense i am beyond repetence

Get my point. These verses make the song exciting, everyone wants to hear that part, something applause lacks.

Oh they are known as the 'bridge' of the song. Yeah I see what you mean. It's mostly 'ooh ooh's' and 'touch, touch'. IMO it works though.

I'm still not sure what I think about it, at first I was caught up in the hype and thought it was great but after a few more listens it felt a little empty to me. I do find myself humming along to it so maybe its one of those songs that is a grower.

Basically some days I love it and others I just like it .. idk. 

Bellatrix

I love it, but it's not a masterpiece obviously. Do I think that matters? No. Her fanbase clearly needed a simple fun catchy song right now after all the serious BTW stuff. I'm sure she'll have a few WOW songs on ARTPOP so I can't wait :party:

Basically this. 

I think Applause feels like a Just Dance. A catchy pop song to get noticed (she's rebirthing now, right?) and then a few months later a world slayage with Poker Face, which hopefully the 2nd single will do too.

DiscoHeavenGaga

I love it! I just wasnt crazy about the first verse 1st time i heard it, but now i love everything! I really didnt expect it to sound like this, but im soooooooo happy with the result! :party:

I love it. It's insanely catchy and fun. I don't think it's quite as memorable as some of her previous songs, but that doesn't make it bad. It's a good choice for a comeback single after all the negativity from the BTW era.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived