đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Discussion - Your Honest Thoughts/Reviews of Applause.

MelbHawker

Featured Posts

It's not very good, but neither is the song. It just proves how far she's fallen since Bad Romance.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Irishpeanut

I really like the song but I can't help but feel like it could have been better. Especially the verse where she sings about geeks, nostalgia and reading it just feels awkward a bit. And what the hell is koons? Is the swan in the MV a reference to that?

I must say that its been growing on me, especially after seeing the MV. The chorus is killer !

MonsterPaws

Has the video changed anyones opinion in terms of the song?

I like the song a bit more now :) especially now that i know a bit of the choreography :bunny:

Catalystluna56

The beginning was awesome; the little synth riff of whatever really gets me going. The vocals for the chorus weren't that good (too weird sounding to get u excited) and the lyrics were "meh". Prechorus was not that great for getting you going either, but the lyrics were fine. Chorus was a great party anthemy thing which made the song listenable. The lyrics for it were pretty bare, but it didn't put me off at all for the chorus. Bridge had a great vibe but was way too short and lacked a lot.

I feel bad writing all this now but it's the truth. I'd give applause as a song 8.5/10 and as a lead single 6.5/10

MelbHawker

I like the song a bit more now :) especially now that i know a bit of the choreography :bunny:

Me too to be honest. Having some choreo gets me into the song more! & she goes HARD at that choreo.

IMO, the song is miles better than BTW but there's just something I can't describe that isn't sitting well with me this era so far.

I feel the same way, actually. I always feel that way when a new MV comes out though it takes a while to get used to her new images and stuff imo

• 2 weeks later...
MelbHawker

There are multiple threads ready available to post your thoughts in :)

tumblr_mrh34qXiaP1qaedvuo1_250.gif

and you needed a separate thread for this...ok. 

tumblr_mrl1rtuiID1rxgrqwo2_250.gif

Yes I did. Because people like you make every other Applause thread a complete mess. bye!

Stop talking down to the OP. There are a MILLION Applause threads talking about how great it is. I don't see why it's a problem that he makes one that disagrees with everyone else.

Thanks hun.

tumblr_mrh34qXiaP1qaedvuo8_250.gif

You should make your own forum with all your unpopular opinions. 

Open your other eye please.

tumblr_mrl1rtuiID1rxgrqwo2_250.gif

get a life

Sis thanks for defending me whilst I forgot about this thread. I never realised people were being this rude!

sciencemonster

I kind of love it more than anything. It's like crack for my ears. I can't stop listening to it. And THAT, to me, is what makes an excellent song.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived