💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

FOUR FULL V MAGAZINE STORIES - Read here!

Americano

Featured Posts

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ronnialessandro

Just beginning to read it, but does anyone else read the Marina parts with her awesome voice & accent? 

OMG me! LOL  :sweat:

It's really interesting to see her previous albums as a sort of cathartic representation of her life in retrospect.

3 points in and ready for more

Marina Abramovi?: And your references to art. For me, what’s always been very interesting is that you make clear references to art. Other musicians, I don’t want to name names, they make garish references to art, but they never really give the ownership to art. But you do.
Lady Gaga: I think that the world has fallen into a very interesting trap, where people look at visuals in such a rudimentary way, they are not approaching them in a complex way. So what happens is that everything becomes nothing. Everything that we review means nothing anymore because nobody is able to look at anything with any sort of artistic eye, to find the complexity behind it. It’s like, They both wear a hat, so it’s the same, They both wear a bra like this, it’s the same, Their hair is both this color, so it’s the same. But if you were to show someone like Matisse a huge board full of colors, he would probably tell you why they’re all different.

:legend: My new favorite interview and quote. :legend:

This interview was definitely and eyeopener, holy Scheiße

Love the way they totally understand each other, they are going to work wonders.

Gaga, Ke$ha, and Ava

Redstreak

She's really dropped the ball. For someone who proclaims to be a student of fame, she really doesn't get it. She placed herself in a box and that is absolutely the antithesis of what it means to be an all-reaching popstar. I can personally appreciate her output while at the same time recognizing exactly why she is so unappealing to the masses.  She says "I think about the marketing" but then you see that the response shows that she is thinking about it in completely the wrong way. All excuses aside, she's thinking about it the wrong way. She is completely inaccessible to the general public, and I know that's part of the allure for some of her fans, but public support is what generates money and makes it possible for Gaga to do what she does. Sorry, but if it it weren't for the radio support for her earlier songs, she'd be completely irrelevant.

What do you suggest? What do you feel she lacks now that she had in the earlier days and what do you think she should do to become this all-reaching popstar that you think is more desirable?

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

MessyTop

Mmm interesting read.

Seems Applause will be the waking up from "MTN".

The video is gonna make me anxious. I hope she doesn't over do the raise to fame video again. We shall see.

What an interesting interview, it really made me THINK a lot on many things (about art, intelectualism, elite v/s discipline, embracing our own history, definitions of 'good artist', pop culture as a medium for art, etc). This is my favourite interview! My brain was happy reading it. Amazing women.

Katie14

Great interview! I want to know what the terrible things that happened to her right before she got famous are.

Disregard

What do you suggest? What do you feel she lacks now that she had in the earlier days and what do you think she should do to become this all-reaching popstar that you think is more desirable?

In the early days, she had the ability make both idiots and intellectuals THINK. Now the only idiots she appeals to are part of her fanbase, and the idiotic portion of the general public (the vast majority of them) are too turned off to even give her their attention.

Redstreak

In the early days, she had the ability make both idiots and intellectuals THINK. Now the only idiots she appeals to are part of her fanbase, and the idiotic portion of the general public (the vast majority of them) are too turned off to even give her their attention.

And how do you thin she did this compared to what she's doing now and what do you think she should do to change?

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

ThisGuyTony

I feel as if she's addressing the Madonna comparisons here;

"Everything that we review means nothing anymore because nobody is able to look at anything with any sort of artistic eye, to find the complexity behind it. It’s like, They both wear a hat, so it’s the same, They both wear a bra like this, it’s the same, Their hair is both this color, so it’s the same. But if you were to show someone like Matisse a huge board full of colors, he would probably tell you why they’re all different."

Morphine Prince

I really enjoyed reading all of that! Took me like 10-15 minutes. I love the serial killer reference with the wigs.

Jesse Pinkman

just finished. It was soooooooo cute!! Gaga and Maria are so smart

It's science, bitch

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived