Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

FOUR FULL V MAGAZINE STORIES - Read here!

Americano

Featured Posts

Logan
Marina Abramovi?: [laughs] I have a spider bite on my stomach and I’m sitting on my bed too.

So random :rip:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hot Space

Eat ur breakfast gagz :teehee:

No but seriously, this was a really interesting read. When Gaga said that BTW was her running away from her past and not facing it. Wow.

Logan
You know, after that “Scheiße†routine, at the end, where I’m bouncing all over the place? I was on tour for basically five years once I was on the “Born This Way†bus. It was the brunt of so many years of long-duration performances. The center [of the audience], where all the stands are, inside the runway, they know me like I’m their family. And they would just look at me and they’d know. They were whispering to me from the front row, “Are you okay? I love you. What’s wrong?â€

This probably hit me the hardest. I saw Gaga in concert for the first time this February, 2 weeks before her injury was released. The whole time I was watching the show I was in awe. I couldn't believe that this woman could perform for hours without collapsing or giving up. All the singing, dancing, and the speeches...It takes so much energy and dedication. So when I found out about the bad news, it really hit me that she really is one of us. A human. Just a woman who has an artistic dream and puts her life on a stage for us. We should never take this for granted. 

Americano

In order to become a better artist, at some point I was going to have to go back to the nucleus of the work, and I didn’t want to go. And “Born This Way,†that whole era, was me not wanting to go.  

My impact :derpga:

Disregard

She's really dropped the ball. For someone who proclaims to be a student of fame, she really doesn't get it. She placed herself in a box and that is absolutely the antithesis of what it means to be an all-reaching popstar. I can personally appreciate her output while at the same time recognizing exactly why she is so unappealing to the masses.  She says "I think about the marketing" but then you see that the response shows that she is thinking about it in completely the wrong way. All excuses aside, she's thinking about it the wrong way. She is completely inaccessible to the general public, and I know that's part of the allure for some of her fans, but public support is what generates money and makes it possible for Gaga to do what she does. Sorry, but if it it weren't for the radio support for her earlier songs, she'd be completely irrelevant.

Dayman

I dont dislike Marina but something about her just rubs me the wrong way.... this whole GaGa and Marina situation reminds me of Left Eye when she was going through her discovery stage right before she died.

Eh. GaGa is always going through different discovery phases. Now she just has someone who has had the experience and can guide her through it.

Lady Gaga: Exactly. I felt it at the shoot, then we shot for the video, and I became the same girl again in the film. Then there was another level that came out and it was the joy of me as a young Italian-American girl from an immigrant, blue-collar family that just wanted to be a performer with that drive and love of music. It became this really beautiful film of me lying on a mattress and singing this song as if I was writing it in my bed for the first time. The hour that we shot was like ten years of a good sneeze or something. A really good sneeze.

-sounds like "marry the night's" sequel, autobiographical of her rise to fame

Americano

Lady Gaga: Exactly. I felt it at the shoot, then we shot for the video, and I became the same girl again in the film. Then there was another level that came out and it was the joy of me as a young Italian-American girl from an immigrant, blue-collar family that just wanted to be a performer with that drive and love of music. It became this really beautiful film of me lying on a mattress and singing this song as if I was writing it in my bed for the first time. The hour that we shot was like ten years of a good sneeze or something. A really good sneeze.

-sounds like "marry the night's" sequel, autobiographical of her rise to fame

Dont say such things

PoshLife

She's really dropped the ball. For someone who proclaims to be a student of fame, she really doesn't get it. She placed herself in a box and that is absolutely the antithesis of what it means to be an all-reaching popstar. I can personally appreciate her output while at the same time recognizing exactly why she is so unappealing to the masses.  She says "I think about the marketing" but then you see that the response shows that she is thinking about it in completely the wrong way. All excuses aside, she's thinking about it the wrong way. She is completely inaccessible to the general public, and I know that's part of the allure for some of her fans, but public support is what generates money and makes it possible for Gaga to do what she does. Sorry, but if it it weren't for the radio support for her earlier songs, she'd be completely irrelevant.

Leave this place.

Dangerous Man

Interesting interview. That was too long to read, hoping for the video, didn't finish reading.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

AyaKara

This was really beautiful, I'm glad to have read this. I can't wait to see how Gaga handles her vulnerability after the Applause video, Swine, & Marina's advice.

Just beginning to read it, but does anyone else read the Marina parts with her awesome voice & accent? 

I do :lmao:

Interesting interview. That was too long to read, hoping for the video, didn't finish reading.

This.

They talk about the images being disturbing but I found a lot of the things they said to be far more disturbing... I'm not sure how to feel.

Either way it was a terrific read. Much more imaginative and exploratory than the usual question and answer format interview.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived