Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Billboard: "Applause" vs. "Roar": Which new single is your favorite?

Jesse Pinkman

Featured Posts

The article makes good points and I totally get it's pov in regards to Applause. Though, it lost me at the part about Brave-Roar, not to be shady, but the comparisons are not far fetched at all.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yet, they make polls pitting Gaga against Katy. They feed the hype and then they criticize it. Seriosuly??? :crossed:

Juanjo

Very objective piece. I'm pleased reading this. I also believe ARTPOP is full of amazing hits. I love Applause, but this is just the tip of the iceberg. :)

Weasel

I agree with what they said except for the hype part. It almost didn't have any hype except for a good 2/3 weeks ago. 

Good article. Pretty much nailed it. Im sure Gaga is saving the more daring stuff for the album. 

This.

monketsharona

I'm pretty sure both Katy and Gaga did not choose their best song as lead single for their next album...

The two songs are very good but not the best work they did (and will do).

Doesn't Billboard release their Hot 100 today?? I read that somewhere

Signature loading… 👹🖤

I'm still digging their strategy, I have a hunch they picked a weaker song for the lead single so they can decide the second single during/after the iTunes Festival and they can build this era instead of drive it into the ground :clap:

And no I'm not saying it's a bad song, I love it! But she has 70 - 100 songs so there are better ones, I mean, we heard Aura already!

Creyk

Good article.

But I don't think Katy disappointed that much. She said it was going to be darker and more mature, it's only that the "darker" part stuck into people's minds. It's lyrically a little more serious that TD was, and I guess that's progress. Plus Roar is such a bop.

I hope Gaga's second single is like her crazy comeback single that blows everyone's mind. Like how poker face was a bigger hit than just dance?

But anyways, I completely agree with this article. I was looking forward to darker Katy and something "mind-blowing" from Gaga and we got neither in my opinion. Maybe the VMAs will change my mind, but in no way should these songs flop. I hope Gaga's promo gets the world to be clapping along. The US needs the promo so much...I've barely heard the song on the radio since the premieres on Monday.

God, do I hope so too. But I think Applause is the 'easier-to-digest' kind of pop to get some of the GP back, so they'll be more open when she releases the Poker Face of ARTPOP.  It has to be. The album is called ARTPOP. It has to be daring. 

(Not saying I don't really like Applause, because I do, very much, but like the article and many others said, it's very straightforward).

Disco Heaven

Good review. I agree with them. I love Applause, but at a first listen it was indeed unerwhelming and not innovative enough. Still jammin' to it like there's no tomorrow tbh  :music:

ThunderSwallow

This article pretty mush says all the points. But she and DJWS did said its just a fun song so i think there will be something big and risky in the album. Also, not like others divas, she only got 4 producers including herself, a singer wiz 3 DJs, especially 2 of which are just new to the production job, while all the others got producers who made a lot of hits and have all worked before. I feel a little bit danger…

Illuminati Freak

I kinda feel the Applause is just a tease of whats to come and there will be other songs that are gonna really knock it out of the park. I think GaGa released a nice fun song like Applause on purpose. I think it's the perfect first single & it's still a great club banger. Even my straight guy friends really seem to like the song. I think she's opening herself up even more now to a wider audience. Even with these new V magazine spreads and this new banging body she's a s-x symbol even more now. A different kinda s-xy though but i think she's made herself more relate-able and vulnerable than in past era's and this is all gonna pay off for her. It's a more stripped down GaGa which is refreshing.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived