💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion

Americano

Featured Posts

Gerrard174

I think she should just get ready for a second single release now and wait for Applause to fall down and then release the second single a week later. The best week would be the week PRISM gets released.

what? itunes will be flooded with katy perry songs on that week, and the second single will be drowned out cause all attentions, banners, news are diverted to katy

• Replies 31.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paper Gangsta

that very well may be true but at the end of the day; it's the successful singles that carry one's career.

it isnt true. Katys singles may be sucessfull but they are forgetable

MonsterOfSpain

what? itunes will be flooded with katy perry songs on that week, and the second single will be drowned out cause all attentions, banners, news are diverted to katy

This. We need the single the week before or after PRISM.

Americano

Gaga could end up releasing the week Katy drops her album, but fans need to understand its because its the same holiday album track they're basically on promotion wise.

It's not some personal battle.

This katy discussion has gone on for way too long.. Lol

Madonna had many more years of dominance vs Gaga

But wtf is going on with this thread? Why are we even talking about this

Obviously, she had a clear landscape and then Janet came from behind, rivaled her and then overthrew her, and then she fell behind several artists until the late 90s. I'm just saying that what we're seeing now isn't too different.

But yeah, there really is no point to this argument lol. It's just drama and distraction.

Born To Slay

She doesn't, promotion won't help Applause anymore because everybody has already heard it. It will last another week/2 weeks in the top 10 of iTunes and will probably stay #10-30 throughout the year if she does promo for ARTPOP. Promo singles are useless because they don't actually boost album sales a lot. Like have fun a single that sells 300k and that's it. I think she should just get ready for a second single release now and wait for Applause to fall down and then release the second single a week later. The best week would be the week PRISM :

Dark Horse is helping pre-orders for Prism and didnt she have a big sales increase just from performing Applause on GMA? And it's heavily underperforming in many countries because she hasn't done promo worldwide. I mean why didn't she promote when she was in England?

And no, not here for Sex Dreams getting overshadowed by Prism

it isnt true. Katys singles may be sucessfull but they are forgetable

no it IS true, it's the way the industry works. her hits maybe forgettable but as long as she has one or two memorable hits (fireworks and i kissed a girl) she can continue releasing forgettable singes as long as they're hits. how do u think kylie minogue has sustained such a long career? the difference between kylie and katy is though that katy is still young in her career and can release another memorable single. 

BTW sold 448k in only 3 days and 509k in second week[/quote

It also had a grammy's performance and then fell off the face of the Earth. Front loaded sales suck. Katy has front loaded sales and longevity. What Born This Way's chart run should have been.

Oh my god please shut the **** up about Katy, most of it isn't related to charts and you're all going back and forth on personal taste :smh: What a mess. Take it to the KP thread or PM and stop clogging up this one with your boring nonsense, it makes it annoying for people who just want to find chart updates.

This. We need the single the week before or after PRISM.

I'd go for after. If possible, I'd even go as far as the first week of November - one week before the album release. 

Archived