Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why has leakage/rush release been so negative for the sales?

Liam Germanotta

Featured Posts

Liam Germanotta

I'm not a professional - why does it matter so much between rush and planned release? I feel like only fans and maybe some other people really know about the official release date. Doesn't the majority get to know the songs because of radio or fans sharing it to friends?

And even if Gaga had planned more promotional stuff for this week - she has been in the media before because of the Aura leak, her promo pics, the art video etc.

(I do not want to say that the sales are disappointing - to me, the worldwide numbers count. And the only thing I want is Gaga to stay some weeks in Top 10 and not falling off like HIAM or POM etc. - everything else is just a premium to me that makes me even happier).

ThomastheMonster

it confused A LOT of people. it even confused me  :laughga:

i don't even know if the song was officialy sent to radio yet

i don't know if she had the deal or not yet

i don't know anything except for it's out  :laughga:  :blehga:

Pierre

Maybe because only fans know about the leak, the GP will know abot Gaga's comeback next with with the promo, video and interviews. 

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

badboymonsterx

I mean that and plus it took a while for itunes worldwide to have it.. and itunes was messy too... even now i'm not pleased  :fthis:

I can't speak for Germany specifically, but in many countries next week, she's have had more radio airplay (deals to play the song) and some tv promo, not to mention the video to support the song.

In many cases, radio treats her like someone who is early for an appoitment and is made to wait.

PoshLife

"Doesn't the majority get to know the songs because of radio or fans sharing it to friends?"

I'm not sure about that. I think a large part of it is real promotion - hearing directly from the artist. Social media, tv interviews, tv performances, photo shoots, etc.

Lady Gaga has 39 million Twitter followers. They've all been hearing August 19, August 19, August 19... then all of a sudden "Nevermind it's today!" I think a lot of people who aren't as tuned-in to her as we are didn't know immediately. She hasn't done any live performances yet, which further confirms my theory that a lot of people have really only started finding out about Gaga's new music.

bananahammock

one of the main problems was the itunes delay i think. i remember at one point there was a worldwide trending topic like #BuyApplauseOniTunes when applause wasn't even on itunes for the majority of people. i feel like that would have confused a lot of people who saw the trend. 

things might just have been more organised next week, and she might have arrived with more of an impact than what she's had this week. rather than applause slowly trickling out to the masses, it would have been released with a bang i think. 

Liam Germanotta

one of the main problems was the itunes delay i think. i remember at one point there was a worldwide trending topic like #BuyApplauseOniTunes when applause wasn't even on itunes for the majority of people. i feel like that would have confused a lot of people who saw the trend. 

Did Roar also have this iTunes delay after the leakage?

But thanks guys! It's now a bit more clear to me. So I guess the main reason is radio.

(Because if you say: Okay, she has millions of followers, they all read Aug 19, but they are not so deep into Gaga so they did not realize the rush release => if they are not so much into Gaga then I guess they would not have really remembered Aug 19 either... and she tweeted a lot about the rush release as well... but yeah I guess radio has a major influence! In the end we will never know the sales if she had released it on Aug 19 :) )

So Roar has way more airplay?

bananahammock

not that i know of? as far as i'm aware, katy's release went a bit more smoothly but roar wasn't even properly released in my country so i could be wrong. 

No. Katy released right on schedule (except UK where it's scheduled later)

Phoenix

I'm not a professional - why does it matter so much between rush and planned release? I feel like only fans and maybe some other people really know about the official release date. Doesn't the majority get to know the songs because of radio or fans sharing it to friends?

And even if Gaga had planned more promotional stuff for this week - she has been in the media before because of the Aura leak, her promo pics, the art video etc.

(I do not want to say that the sales are disappointing - to me, the worldwide numbers count. And the only thing I want is Gaga to stay some weeks in Top 10 and not falling off like HIAM or POM etc. - everything else is just a premium to me that makes me even happier).

Because it won't be played on radio until 19.8. :S

💎

• Mills locked this topic

Archived