💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

2013 MTV Video Music Awards (PERFORMANCE/RED CARPET VIDEO)

SMILE2NE1

Featured Posts

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MonsterOfSpain

• MJ Holland

• My Little Phoney

• blahblahblahhhh

MelbHawker

The Intro. Her vocals >

I just rewatched it. The verses were sung well with the exception of the 'Pop Culture' line in the second verse. The choruses were average. The chorus overlaps so it's hard to sing live. The end chorus was kinda pitchy too. But it was an energetic performance. And she looked hot. 

Eros92

DOES ANYONE HAVE A HD YOUTUBE LINK?! they keep getting deleted 

If you wait a few minutes I can PM you a link to download it :) I'm uploading it right now, in HD.

MelbHawker

lady-gaga-nsync-performance-mtv-vmas-201

Yas.gif

DOES ANYONE HAVE A HD YOUTUBE LINK?! they keep getting deleted 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT0KzsrMI8Q

What what does she say for that whole intro? 

I can feel my heart beating in your hand, my aura and yours... pull the trigger rhyme, ready.. it's shoooow tiiiiiime.

That's what I got from it. But she said AURA. Second single tbh

MJ Holland

What what does she say for that whole intro?

I can feel my heart

Beating in your hands,

Your aura and mine

Meeting in this dance.

Pull the trigger, I'm-

Ready ! It's showtime !

I can feel my heart

Beating in your hands,

Your aura and mine

Meeting in this dance.

Pull the trigger, I'm-

Ready ! It's showtime !

New Aura lyrics plz :hor:

Slayer

Although all the hype had made me expecting it to beat the 2009 VMA performance, it didn’t really live up to my (very high) expectations. Vocally, the intro was amazing, the rest wasn’t good at all. I wish she had focused more on the singing than on the dancing. Apart from that, it was outstanding! I would say it’s one of her top ten performances.

You went from saying "it wasn't good at all" to "it was outstanding" in the space of two sentences...

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

I love the performance. I I wish the choreo was a little more basic so she would've focus on the vocals. I really believe this was for the fans more than anything. I can't wait for the Swine Fest now :party:

Kindness rules all.

Illuminati Freak

i thought it was pretty troublesome or weird for an artist ready to release her 3rd full album to be already looking at the past. 

This. I love GaGa to death but really referencing your past looks already this early on in your career? That's something you do in another 10 years. I thought the concept was lazy & uninspired. The actual set itself was cheap looking and not something a major world class popstar like GaGa should be using. She needs to bring her "A game" to this new era and so far I don't think she has at all. Very disappointed in last nights performance it was underwhelming & not something she should have done for a big show like the VMA's. It didn't translate well for a huge stage like that and maybe suited more for a TV show like Ellen. I hope last night is not indicative  what else is coming. It just put out there that maybe she's running out of ideas and I honestly think she needs a new creative team for her stage productions & choreography.

She had the best of the best design for this performance. She had Robert freakin Wilson design the stage. The tropical setting is a reference to the Birth of Venus. She brought that painting to life. The flowers can also represent the bouquet of roses fans throw on stage during the applause. Give the performance some thought. Look up Robert Wilson's work to see the references. Should every performance need to be researched? no. but at least she is trying to educate us when it comes to her passion: art. she entertains and educates. Was it her best? No. But it was solid and very well thought out. She has always self referenced in her work so I'm not sure why the transformations between eras is such a shock or too soon.

She killed that choreography and looked amazing on that stage. Glad to she can still bring it after her surgery.

NewYorkCity

The performance was amazing. I have showed it to a lot of people and everyone likes it. I love the meaning of it, her acting, her dancing... everything. Watching it non stop in HD at the MTV website.

• Shadow locked this topic