• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kermit the frog

• Didymus

• elijahfan

• FATCAT

if this song or gaga in general was pretentious, that would imply she doesnt know what shes talking about, but she does. so no she is not pretentious. being grand, and theatrical and standing by the convictions of what her art is is not pretentious. 

She knows what she is talking about, but she does it in such an excessive and sometimes obnoxious way that it's not even about the music anymore, but everything else which makes the actual music less important. It's still being pretentious i.e. exaggerated importance. She makes easy listenable dance pop music ffs. The only time she stepped out of the box and actually took a risque was with the song BTW. Her art actually became the music and she did it quite well qua lyrics and delivery. Many people think it's a try-hard gay anthem song, but it was effortlessly iconic within the first week it got released.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm pretty sure she's going to have tons of side stories to this song when in reality it's just a simple "haters gonna hate" song and that her fans can 'clap' again cause mother monster is back.

croboy

Hmmm those lyrics make me wonder though what the song will sound like? Is she preparing us for the critics not liking/getting it?

Didymus

:worship:

She knows what she is talking about, but she does it in such an excessive and sometimes obnoxious way that it's not even about the music anymore, but everything else which makes the actual music less important. It's still being pretentious i.e. exaggerated importance. She makes easy listenable dance pop music ffs. The only time she stepped out of the box and actually took a risque was with the song BTW. Her art actually became the music and she did it quite well qua lyrics and delivery. Many people think it's a try-hard gay anthem song, but it was effortlessly iconic within the first week it got released.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm pretty sure she's going to have tons of side stories to this song when in reality it's just a simple "haters gonna hate" song and that her fans can 'clap' again cause mother monster is back.

Antidote

:rip:

It's true though. :oops:

I'm just waiting for the tweet where she tells us about the correct order of the lyrics :nails:

:troll:

Kermit the frog

I agree with you, but then again she found a nice term for it - ARTPOP :) She assings art to pop music (which is simple music by definition) and thus avoids being pretentious (her huge ego and things she says in interviews are different things  :sweat: )

Edited by Kermit the frog

• Shadow locked this topic