Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Interscope was VERY smart with the ARTPOP release dates

Klou

Featured Posts

Pop Art

She doesn't need a music video to have good streaming numbers. She just needs to upload the audio on youtube and make the single available on spotify immediately

ย 

Oh, I didn't even consider a lyric video! That would be extremely smart. And then release the actual music video a few weeks later to get extra streaming points and revive sales.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm under the impression that only relatively unknown acts can do that. That's why Just Dance and Poker Face had longevity and the BTW singles did not. Granted JD and PF were undeniable bops, but you get my point. Their peaks are sooner because word spreads fast and buzz dies faster.

ย 

Show me an established high profile artist whose single has lasted more than 4 months.

Scream and Shout lasted VERY long here in Europe, I think people were still playing it 5 months after its release.

Emvee

4 months is such a long time, dont forget that's 16 weeks

ย 

That's my point. The single would need to be mind-blowingly good in order to last that long. No amount of scheming could prolong it if it's a bad to mediocre song.ย 

Pop Art

I'm under the impression that only relatively unknown acts can do that. That's why Just Dance and Poker Face had longevity and the BTW singles did not. Granted JD and PF were undeniable bops, but you get my point. Their peaks are sooner because word spreads fast and buzz dies faster.

ย 

Show me an established high profile artist whose single has lasted more than 4 months.

ย 

Stay was released in early January and was still selling fairly well up through mid June if I'm correct. It's possible. Not easy, but possible.

GagaMyBlood95

I hope everything you've written will come trueย  :party:

Emvee

Stay was released in early January and was still selling fairly well up through mid June if I'm correct. It's possible. Not easy, but possible.

ย 

Stay didn't really impact until after her grammy performance. Many artists also don't have the luxury of having an extremely high AI, which for some reason is always given to Rihanna. I'll give her that, though. Stay was the song that didn't want to die this year.

ย 

That's another question. Gaga's never had AI larger than 120. Will she be able to pull a Mirrors and blow past 200?

Ladygagalover

What do you guys think of this? What if instead of using a radio deal for the first single, which will already smash radio. Why not use it for the second a la you da one? That way the first single doesn't peak too fast on radio like BTW the single and that way the second single has a good start before the Christmas freeze (I'm assuming she's releasing the second single a week or two before the album). This release would then mean that the second single would be one of those songs that gets frozen near the top and then benefits from the Christmas/iTunes gift cards effect.

What do you guys think of this? What if instead of using a radio deal for the first single, which will already smash radio. Why not use it for the second a la you da one? That way the first single doesn't peak too fast on radio like BTW the single and that way the second single has a good start before the Christmas freeze (I'm assuming she's releasing the second single a week or two before the album). This release would then mean that the second single would be one of those songs that gets frozen near the top and then benefits from the Christmas/iTunes gift cards effect.

ย I'm pretty sure they will have a radio deal for the second single anyway :) People may not have realized it, but Judas had a radio deal, too.

JbGaga

Interscope could not have chosen better release dates this time around :clap:ย The single is being released on a Monday, which almost guarantees Gaga will have another #1 on her hands. That means she will have an entire 7 days worth of sales this time, but only if she's patient this time and doesn't release it on a Friday again! Those Friday releases are killer...

ย 

One thing to note is the lead single will likely not debut at #1 if Interscope has a radio deal starting that same day (8/19). Since Billboard counts radio airplay from Wednesday through Tuesday, so the high airplay gained on 08/19 & 08/20 could result in the song charting on that same Thursday (08/22) due to the airplay alone. This is what happened with Taylor Swift's We Are Never Getting Back Together. The good thing about this, though, is she is likely guaranteed a #1 spot the following week once all sales are accounted for (Billboard counts digital sales from Monday through Sunday). I wouldn't be surprised if we see some record breaking numbers from the lead single's sales that week!

ย 

The VMA's are the following Sunday, so that means the digital sales boost from a performance will further her stay at #1, so it's safe to say she will be #1 for two weeks at least. The ONLY thing to worry about is Blurred Lines. That song is already one of the most successful songs in history and will be #1 for many weeks, but it should die down enough by 08/19 for Gaga to surpass it (hopefully).

ย 

The album release date is perfect. Holiday releases see a sales boost, so aย November release date basically guarantees high sales from the debut week through the end of the year. I would not say that a 1 million debut is out of the question WITHOUT any discounts. It is still yet to be determined, but the fact is she WILL see a sales boost strictly on the album release date timing. And it was also smart of Interscope to not release it on Black Friday week since most other artists scramble to release albums that week. She would likely still debut at #1 if released that week, but see a bit less sales due to people buying other albums instead.

ย 

GREAT JOB GAGA & INTERSCOPE!!! ARTPOP IS ALREADY A GUARANTEED SUCCESS!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

ย 

I don't see Blurred lines being a problem in 5 weeks.... Its only #1 because of lack of competition.

ย 

I think your highly overlooking other artist who are going to put out new singles on the week of the VMAs. There's a reason Interscope picked those days and other people in the music business know they exist and are going to do the exact same thing. Example Rihanna puts a album out every November she might do it again and Katy Perry might be looking for a VMA comeback which is more of a threat then Blurred lines.

Agree they will do it for both no doubt about it. They will team up with IheartRadio and Play it every hour

ย I'm pretty sure they will have a radio deal for the second single anyway :) People may not have realized it, but Judas had a radio deal, too.

I don't see Blurred lines being a problem in 5 weeks.... Its only #1 because of lack of competition.

ย 

I think your highly overlooking other artist who are going to put out new singles on the week of the VMAs. There's a reason Interscope picked those days and other people in the music business know they exist and are going to do the exact same thing. Example Rihanna puts a album out every November she might do it again and Katy Perry might be looking for a VMA comeback which is more of a threat then Blurred lines.

Agree they will do it for both no doubt about it. They will team up with IheartRadio and Play it every hour

ย 

There isn't anyone other than maybe Taylor Swift, Adele, and Eminem that would see single debut numbers even close to Gaga's. Eminem is releasing this year, but he's also with Interscope, so they will not be putting them against one another.

ย 

And Blurred Lines is not #1 because of lack of competition. It's been selling over 400K for four weeks in a row now, which is unheard of. It's also looking to set a record for airplay. I have not seen a song smash this hard in my years of watching the charts.

JbGaga

Its probably because has appeal to older people who buy there music vs. people under 25 who download Illegally.ย I follow all charts and music that artist put out closely and I just wouldn't count out a Katy Perry, Beyoncรƒฦ’ยฉ, or Rihanna from putting something out. I do think however The VMAs are going to make the night about Gagas Big comeback (Because Gaga is Ratings Gold which has been proven in there case) So they might do some exclusivity deal when it comes to premieringย but I would doubt that. I wouldn't doubt though if they focused on her. + Lets not count out New artist that may get a exposer boost. Since its in Brooklyn and JayZ owns the Brooklyn arena he will be putting out his artist from his label im sher + his own album.ย wouldn't count out an artist like Emilie Sandie will preform and may become an over night sensation in the way Adel did.

There isn't anyone other than maybe Taylor Swift, Adele, and Eminem that would see single debut numbers even close to Gaga's. Eminem is releasing this year, but he's also with Interscope, so they will not be putting them against one another.

ย 

And Blurred Lines is not #1 because of lack of competition. It's been selling over 400K for four weeks in a row now, which is unheard of. It's also looking to set a record for airplay. I have not seen a song smash this hard in my years of watching the charts.

Blurred Lines is at its 5th week at #1, are you expecting it to hit 10 weeks that you're even worried?

Archived