💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP Single Info and Discussion Topic

ChicaSkas

Featured Posts

You don't want to lay all your cards out on the table. You don't want to give away all your tricks. You don't open a concert with "Bad Romance." 

I think it's the same principle with the marketing of this album. 

Exactly!

Dylangaga

Hey monsters BIG FAVOR....is there a picture of just gaga's bowie look for v magazine instead of with their writing on the sides...THANKS11

You don't want to lay all your cards out on the table. You don't want to give away all your tricks. You don't open a concert with "Bad Romance." 

YESSSSSS and plus this song is the last track and just made the album so the other 14 songs.... :excited2:  :)  I have NO DOUBT that they will slay...I know gagas got tricks up her sleeve!!!!!!

Edited by DTook91

But well, Applause may not be the 2013 new revolution music she promised but i wouldnt put down the album yet. We'll see the next steps and the previews of the few more songs during the iTunes festival. If the rest of the album is like Aura/Burqa, ARTPOP would def. be interesting. 

(Long post, TL;DR it's ok. Just a few of my thoughts on gaga and Applause and ARTPOP)

If Interscope thought the same thought as I do Applause was a very smart move. This can be a new Just Dance/Poker Face situation.  She released Just Dance to get noticed and then later on slayed the whole world with Poker Face.  Since Gaga has said that ARTPOP feels like her first real album and that it has been described as a phoenix rising from the ashes, it is very possible that Applause was released so she could be renoticed and then slay again with the second single. 

Not to be overdramatic, but she does have a few months before ARTPOP and if they've been bull****ting and Applause was chosen because it's the most radio friendly hit, it wouldn't be a bad move to get back in that studio to create a few more sure-fire, 100% guaranteed smashes. For her, with Applause and Aura...I expect it's more a case of revisiting verses of finished tracks, because the choruses are there. A stellar mid-tempo or a beautiful ballad may be more valuable than an album of uptempo dance.

Great points, everybody, and hands down the most intelligent comments I've read on GGD in weeks.  :hug:  Makes me feel a lot better about how things are going. Hopefully the second single will be the balls to the wall smash hit we've been hoping for, and that we're not hyping ourselves out! 

I'm curious to see what direction she takes this era. Hopefully Applause is just the appetizer!

Dylangaga

You know APPLAUSE IS AMAZING when the remixes that are currently out ARE NOTHING compared to the original..

I think that it will be Applause/2nd Single - Just Dance/Poker Face situation again. I hope tho that the 3rd single is a collab (with someone relevant...)

HausOfMiklaus

Thats why i feel she's such an ironic popstar, she wants to be fully artistic but she wants to top the pop charts. She's so big but soooo many dont like what she pushes for. She's a huge pop musician but she's unconventional. 

I think you unintentionally captured what she was going for with ARTPOP anyway. She wants to bring the unpredictability, discomfort and weirdness of ART into mainstream POP culture. That's the definition of the 'reverse Warholian experience.'

And like in her radio interview with Scott Mills, so what if the GP doesn't "get" the app or the artistic concepts? They're meant to question it and feel like they're in unfamiliar territory, especially with such a big popstar like Gaga. With your concerns alone, I feel like she's on the way with succeeding big time in this era.  :yes:

You said it exactly. People shouldn't worry that other people had input in the choice of "Applause" as the lead single because at the end of the day, we would see if Gaga's heart wasn't in it. And she has been promoting the heck out of that song. She made a masterpiece of a video to accompany the track. Just ask yourself if you've been playing it over and over again, dancing to it. If yes, then keep enjoying it.  :party:

I've been thinking that I&V would probably be the directors for all the videos this era. Gaga's really hyped up their collaboration and all 3 of them seems to love working together so I don't really think it's that much of a stretch.

And I love I&V's work so I'm hoping it turns out to be true :flutter:

As much as I love them too, I don't think they'll direct all of the videos. Specially because the Telephone sequence will probably be directed by Jonas Ãƒâ€¦kerlund.

HeavyMetalMonst

Is it just me or did anyone else notice that during the Kiss FM interview she said the album would have 16 songs?

I wish Wikipedia compile confirmed titles for their ARTPOP page, it kinda bugs me that Applause is the only song on the page identified. lol I know this shouldn't bug me. 

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

exoskeleton123

I wish Wikipedia compile confirmed titles for their ARTPOP page, it kinda bugs me that Applause is the only song on the page identified. lol I know this shouldn't bug me.

This. Mary Jane Holland, Swine and Donatella are officially confirmed they should add it

Add Donatella to the titles in the OP and delete Ratchet! :party:

Racthet may still be on the album, without Azealias vocals...

• Shadow locked this topic