💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga Will Speak at NYC Pride Rally TONIGHT 6/28

yourfaves

Featured Posts

Sister

I just saw this too and of course, I believe it!

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pierre

• AgusPop

• HausOfMark

• homomo

Molly Aphrodite

NYC pride is the biggest pride event in North America, and falls on the anniversary of the Stonewall Riots that were in NYC.

They were the largest gay rights demonstrations ever at the time, and marked the begin of what we now see as the gay rights movement.

The Stonewall riots were a series of spontaneous, violent demonstrations by members of the gay community against a police raid that took place in the early morning hours of June 28, 1969, at the Stonewall Inn, in the Greenwich Village neighborhood of New York City. They are widely considered to constitute the single most important event leading to the gay liberation movement and the modern fight for gay and lesbian rights in the United States.[2][3]

Her "media blackout" has nothing to do with her commitment to standing with the gay community.

I am aware of the importance of this event, and the history of the NYC gay community.

I am also aware of the virtue Gaga has regarding equality, and how she will always stand up and fight for what's right.

This is just my opinion, that she shouldn't have done this as her first major appearance. Just like it's your opinion that she should be there. I say we just agree to disagree and respect that 2 people have 2 different opinions. :)

Americano

I am aware of the importance of this event, and the history of the NYC gay community.

I am also aware of the virtue Gaga has regarding equality, and how she will always stand up and fight for what's right.

This is just my opinion, that she shouldn't have done this as her first major appearance. Just like it's your opinion that she should be there. I say we just agree to disagree and respect that 2 people have 2 different opinions. :)

This isn't even a major event.. It's not being televised across national TV or something.

To put your views on her music career before adding momentum and excitement to a civil rights event is so misguided, and I'm happy Lady Gaga agrees with me.

Edited by Americano

Shadow

Don't you think something like this is just a tad bit more important?  :huh: 

Music will always be there and come as her business.  Changing the law of the land doesn't happen every day. 

Silence those demons... . 🖤

If something happens on June 29th, I'm looking through every thread and quoting every post denying it would happen just to publicly humiliate you all in a giant thread because you deserve it for being negative b---h ass ho's :whitney:

I'll join :legend:

Americano

Don't you think something like this is just a tad bit more important?   :huh:

Music will always be there and come as her business.  Changing the law of the land doesn't happen every day. 

:clap:

Exactly.

Optimus

@HeavyMetalFag "@JoeMyGod the source that told you about gaga, can we trust him?"

@JoeMyGod "@HeavyMetalFag YES."

:rip::lmao:

GagaMyBlood95

Yes, that would be more appropriate.

Tomorrow or in the next few days, she could say "To celebrate DOMA and gay pride, I'm going to announce ARTPOP dates!"

That's completely different, at least then she's using her own means to announce it. But to directly springboard off of gay rights event would be so .. not appropriate.

exactly!

Stephen

I'm glad she's stepping out in public again, and attending such a huge (and socially important) event, but I kinda wish she hadn't made this her FIRST big public appearance. :roll:

During the BTW era she was labeled the gay icon and Mother of the Freaks and Outcast, and I was hoping she would drop that persona this era, or at least tone it down. Re-invent herself, you know?

This just feels like she's stepping backwards with her image again. I know showing support towards this subject is important and virtuous of her, but for her first big appearance after such a long blackout?

Not really here for this.

Supporting equality has nothing to do with an album era or an "image". This is who she is and what she believes in. She has said before "I will fight for women and for the gay community until I die".

On the other hand I do wish her big dramatic first appearance was the VMAs.. But this is exciting too so I really can't complain. :)

Jase

ARTPOP talk? This thread is embarrassing

Anyway, I'm surprised she hasn't mentioned that she'll be attending on Twitter, although it's understandable if she doesn't want to give the press a heads up about the fact she'll be there.

She's not discussing ARTPOP. That'd be embarrassingly inappropriate and and abuse of her celebrity power at an event that's committed to advancing civil rights. If anything, that's add momentum to accusations she's simply using the gay community for sales.

I'd honestly be VERY disappointed in her if she mentions her new music AT ALL at this event. I'm confident she won't, because she's a professional and knows better than that. She can leave that to music forums, not at a celebration of very real political victories. 

Also, I can't comprehend why some people think that simply because the BTW era is over.. her gay rights activism needs to stop? To associate the gay community with "standing up for the weirdos" is actually quite insulting and offensive. Her gay rights activism will be career-long, so you'd better get used to it.

tumblr_lvbybxIFL41qbh25zo1_500.gif

:clap:

Doogi

On my way to NYC right now for this!! :party::omgexcited::party: :omgexcited:

Edited by Doogi
I'm Chloe. Except the C and the L are silent.

RAMROD

It seems to me the pretext of your concern is because you fear Gaga will be even more unpopular to straights who doesn't care about all these equality rally that many thought as the reason her last album wasn't so booming?

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Omg excited!  :excited2:  But not expecting for any ARTPOP news on the NYC rally. 

Only excited for her speech or whatever.  :excited2:

But I expect (a little) ARTPOP info on the 29th. :)

Jase

Supporting equality has nothing to do with an album era or an "image". This is who she is and what she believes in. She has said before "I will fight for women and for the gay community until I die".

yup

• Shadow locked this topic