💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Cher: "Won't hear Gaga duet because she doesn't like it"

Innovative

Featured Posts

aaronyoji

Actually, I think you're wrong on Princess Die. It is some of her best works, lyrically.

I touched on this in my Fade to Blonde thread, but Princess Die was originally written for the "Decay of the Blonde Superstar" album. Yes, I believe ARTPOP and that album are completely separate. That is why it has taken so long to get ARTPOP, is that she has actually made enough work for a lot of albums, but however, due to the "Decay" theme, it tragically contrasts with the ARTPOP theme.

It is not that Princess Die isn't on ARTPOP because it is crap, it is because it doesn't fit conceptually.

That is what happened with Living on the Radio and Born This Way. Although LotR didn't fit because it was too "quiet" the same premise, and maybe same situation, is going on with Princess DIE and ARTPOP.

Not to mention, you have to admit, Princess Die and Living on the Radio are rather similar, so maybe there are other songs like them written for the "Decay" theme.

well dont get me wrong, i like p-d and by no means do i think its a bad song, i actually think its her deepest and most profound. but she said herself it wasnt up par. but, you could be right. we may never know. she said she wrote an uptempo version of it for ARTPOP as well. i think ARTPOP will include a sub theme about performance, and life through the eyes of a performance artist, hence her tweeting "THE APPLAUSE" which is a rumoured title. (i would like to see it be a song title)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mrlemon

I'm surprised Cher doesn't have the final say in this, after all it is her album not Gaga's.

Gaga, Ke$ha, and Ava

Seeka

The Princess Die lyrics are terrible. They're juvenile and unimaginative. I liked it in the sense that it was personal and she just randomly decided to sing it at her concert to tell her fans how she was feeling at that moment. But as an official track? As something that she would be sending out on every copy of her record? No. Living On the Radio felt personal in an endearing way. But theres nothing endearing about Princess Die in my opinion. I think she was just smart enough to admit that it wasn't that great.

Um honey, can I tell you something?

1/3 of this fanbase: Hates Princess Die but love Living on the Radio

1/3 of this fanbase: Hates Living on the Radio but loves Princess Die

1/3 of this fanbase: is made of the people who feel indifferent, like both songs, hate both songs.

Please do not feed me your opinion because I will not listen to it. Especially with how these statistics work out. Plus "assholes are like opinions, everyone has one".

And I have never heard lyrics like Princess Die. They have inspired many of my lyrics. I think it is a rather beautiful ballad.

Seeka

well dont get me wrong, i like p-d and by no means do i think its a bad song, i actually think its her deepest and most profound. but she said herself it wasnt up par. but, you could be right. we may never know. she said she wrote an uptempo version of it for ARTPOP as well. i think ARTPOP will include a sub theme about performance, and life through the eyes of a performance artist, hence her tweeting "THE APPLAUSE" which is a rumoured title. (i would like to see it be a song title)

I don't remember her saying that... But of course, I only have heard her say that a few times before, and there are certain reasons she never releases anything.

I think that would work, so that we may have some of the songs from the previous album.

However, I also like the idea of her just releasing it after ARTPOP. An acoustic album of how dangerous Fame is and how she loves performing. Or just a regular album... with a lot more ballads.

Ray of Light

Proud of Gaga for standing up firmly for what she believes in and her opinions

132051571897.gif

dirtypunx

Um honey, can I tell you something?

1/3 of this fanbase: Hates Princess Die but love Living on the Radio

1/3 of this fanbase: Hates Living on the Radio but loves Princess Die

1/3 of this fanbase: is made of the people who feel indifferent, like both songs, hate both songs.

Please do not feed me your opinion because I will not listen to it. Especially with how these statistics work out. Plus "assholes are like opinions, everyone has one".

And I have never heard lyrics like Princess Die. They have inspired many of my lyrics. I think it is a rather beautiful ballad.

Forget it.

mrlemon

The Princess Die lyrics are terrible. They're juvenile and unimaginative. I liked it in the sense that it was personal and she just randomly decided to sing it at her concert to tell her fans how she was feeling at that moment. But as an official track? As something that she would be sending out on every copy of her record? No. Living On the Radio felt personal in an endearing way. But theres nothing endearing about Princess Die in my opinion. I think she was just smart enough to admit that it wasn't that great.

XEmYK.jpg

Princess Die lyrics are not terrible, they are probably some of the deepest ones she's written. She even cried during the performance of it many times. I think it's a little more personal than you think, as for it not being on the album I agree in that it wouldn't fit with other EDM focused songs. But it is not unimaginative or a bad song at all.

Gaga, Ke$ha, and Ava

DriverMonster

They would have to totally redo that song to make it better. It sucked. Lady Gaga knows it and has sense enough to not release it.

Everyone's all like "I didn't like it anyway"

Well that's nice except for the fact what you heard was a quick demo with weak vocals and the wrong instrumental.

The new version has been said to have improved vocals, an obvious duet, a more dance-y instrumental and an overall clean-up, never mind the many other possible differences such as lyrical changes and tempo adjustments.

The same thing happens in every thread mentioning TGT, and they're all the same people who say the Bad Romance demo is soooooo different from the actual version we got, so I don't understand the TGT logic in that respect

dirtypunx

They would have to totally redo that song to make it better. It sucked. Lady Gaga knows it and has sense enough to not release it.

That's kind of how I feel. The melody of the song didn't catch me either. Besides demos more often than not aren't that different from the versions that get released. Just little touches here and there.

SKANK

Proud of Gaga for standing up firmly for what she believes in and her opinions

132051571897.gif

I'm proud that GaGa stands firm in the belief that a duet with Cher would undermine her artistic integrity in a way that her duets with Michael Bolton and Wale already hadn't. 

4i8NS.gif

Herman Cain 2016. 

dirtypunx

I'm proud that GaGa stands firm in the belief that a duet with Cher would undermine her artistic integrity in a way that her duets with Michael Bolton and Wale already hadn't. 

4i8NS.gif

Herman Cain 2016. 

To be fair those duets were 4 years ago. I think she can afford to turn down a 4 year old song even if its with Cher at this point. Although I can't say im not confused as to why she doesn't want to collab with someone like Cher on something else? You'd think she'd try to make it happen in another way. Oh well. I don't like Cher's music anyway but Gaga branching out and working with other people is something I want to see her do.

CroatiaGeisha

It oddly reminded me of that graduation song they would always play in elementary/middle school... "friends forever". Anybody else? 

RAMROD

It oddly reminded me of that graduation song they would always play in elementary/middle school... "friends forever". Anybody else? 

How? Do you mean the soundtrack for this drama? :laughga:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

I'm surprised Cher doesn't have the final say in this, after all it is her album not Gaga's.

Gaga is a featured artist on the song AND she wrote it, if she doesn't want it to be used she can make that call. She did the same thing with the song from Kendrick Lamar's album.

CroatiaGeisha

How? Do you mean the soundtrack for this drama? :laughga:

I actually don't understand the drama here. Wouldn't you all prefer for Gaga to come back with a bang instead of just an ok song you've already heard?

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived