💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Kylie Minogue Inspired Lady Gaga? Or Did Lady Gaga Inspire Kylie?

ThisGuyTony

Who Inspired Who?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who Inspired Who?

• Kylie Minogue Inspired Lady Gaga
    • Lady Gaga Inspired Kylie Minogue
    • They Both Inspired Each Other

Featured Posts

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gaga probably doesn't even know who Kylie is, tbh.

They tweeted each other mutual admiration last summer - Kylie loved the Gaga's perfume poster ad, Gaga said Kylie raised the bar higher for her with the Aphoridte tour stage design.

They tweeted each other mutual admiration last summer - Kylie loved the Gaga's perfume poster ad, Gaga said Kylie raised the bar higher for her with the Aphoridte tour stage design.

That's literally news to me :rip:

Gaga probably doesn't even know who Kylie is, tbh.

Right. That would be logical considering Kylie is a massive force in pop music. Remember that music exists out of the Billboard Hot 100. 

Sister

Surely it's just that they're using similar designers rather than outright copying one another.

It isn't like either of them designed or created the outfits they're wearing, it's just overlap due to trends and the small pool of designers.

Exactly! This always happens. I don't know why stars use these designers instead of doing their own thing. I think it's boring anyways.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

GagaMyBlood95

I'm sure they both inspire each other, I don't think someone's a copy of the other...

Only a mainstream female act has inspired GaGa: Madonna.

and I would say this is true also...

Gaga isn't inspired by Kylie, and I guess if Kylie says she's inspired by Gaga then she is. Gaga and Kylie are both influenced by Madonna which is why the comparisons pop up sometimes; I don't think Gaga has ever borrowed directly from Kylie.

The key similarity is that Kylie's Fever and Gaga's Fame eras both had a futuristic, electro theme.

That lends itself to certain visuals in common.

Fever era made an impact in US in 2002, when Gaga was a 16 years old Britney fan. Surely Gaga knew about it.

Kylie did her first US tour in 2009, which was a "best of" her tours. It opened with electro songs and an outfit similar to Fever tour (only with some minor Famega touches). 

Gaga and Kylie are both influenced by Madonna which is why the comparisons pop up sometimes

Madonna never did a futuristic, electro, robotic, sci-fi themed tour. Kylie did.

Gaga is Life

They've probably both inspired each other. Gaga's inspired so many :legend:

elijahfan

I know Kylie attended one of the London BTWBalls - to take some notes, I suppose?  :reductive:

Oh, well... Absolutely no shade intended, I'm a huge fan of both Kylie and Gaga. But in the end, I find her first quote a bit pretentious: if someone is known for setting the benchmark for the new generation, it would be Madonna. But hey... Kylie is so sweet, she surely didn't imply she was the only one in the game :) And her shows are the ****. Can't get over the fact I missed her last tour simply because nobody could bring me to the venue..... I was younger  :messga:

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived