💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Kylie Minogue Inspired Lady Gaga? Or Did Lady Gaga Inspire Kylie?

ThisGuyTony

Who Inspired Who?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who Inspired Who?

• Kylie Minogue Inspired Lady Gaga
    • Lady Gaga Inspired Kylie Minogue
    • They Both Inspired Each Other

Featured Posts

ThisGuyTony

They are old articles but I found them right now when I was searching for Kylie quotes. Lol...

Kylie Minogue Set 'Benchmark' For Lady Gaga

Kylie+Minogue+Come+into+my+world+,+Fever

Kylie Minogue claims she "set the benchmark" for Lady Gaga. The 'All The Lovers' singer, who kicked off her 'Aphrodite: Les Folies Tour' in Denmark on Saturday (02-19-11), believes her ground-breaking shows have had an influence on the eccentric 'Born This Way' singer.

She told the Daily Mirror newspaper: "I set the benchmark for Gaga. We've done it before, with all our creative shows, and now the new artists are following us."

"She inspires me and I love what she does. But we've done it before. I had the Aphrodite theme and no one has done that before. Think outside the box is what I do, and that's what keeps it fresh for me. I set the benchmark and now I can't wait to see what the new talent will do next."

Kylie, 42, also revealed how she would love to do a residency in Las Vegas and thinks her new stage show would be a perfect concert to take to the flashy US gambling capital.

She said: "I've got my Las Vegas show right here. We've been talking about it so if I do a residency I definitely have the show for it. It's crazy. I definitely can't top this one."

Kylie's spectacular new concert is themed on Greek mythology, and involves a $9.6 million stage, 'winged horses' and a cast of 25, including troupes of acrobats and synchronized swimmers, as well as an audience interactive 'splash zone' which closes the show.

But then there's this...

Kylie Minogue goes GaGa as she pulls out all the stops for US tour with her wackiest outfits ever

Kicking off her first ever U.S. tour in California last night, there was little doubt which American pop star has inspired Kylie Minogue's wacky new look.

As she belted out her hits including Can't Get You Out Of My Head and Better The Devil You Know during her dress rehearsal at Oakland's Fox Theatre last night, Kylie's wardrobe looked eerily similar to the flamboyant star of Lady GaGa.

In the 19 months which have passed since Kylie's last single In Your Arms, Lady GaGa leaped from obscurity to become one of pop's biggest names with two number ones to her name and a third top five hit.

While Kylie has long been renowned for taking fashion risks and her eccentric tour costumes, her previous outfits have been eclipsed in the bizarre stakes by newcomer GaGa.

During her final dress rehearsal for the For You, For Me tour on Wednesday afternoon, Kylie descended to the stage on a giant skeleton's head wearing a gold mirrored leotard by Jean Paul Gaultier.

The shimmery leotard looks remarkably similar to a mirrored creation worn by GaGa on stage at the Glastonbury and T In The Park festivals during the summer.

Completing the futuristic look, the 41-year-old wore sequinned cuffs and a bizarre gyroscope-style headgear.

The headgear, which looks like a model of a solar system, also looks similar to a Nasir Mazhar creation worn by GaGa when she appeared on the Ellen DeGeneres chat show in May.

Showing her wild side and perhaps inspired by America's Native Indians, another ensemble sees Kylie wear a feathered headdress with a black corset and thigh high stiletto boots.

As well as her exciting costumes, Kylie proves she is just as limber as ever as she does the splits while being carried by a group of her male dancers.

Kylie's long-time stylist William Baker has spoken of admiration for 23-year-old GaGa, but claimed her unique look was a 'bit contrived'.

article-1217267-06A5DC0D000005DC-924_6342009VMA_Lady_Gaga_lg.jpg

article-1217267-06A5DC0D000005DC-846_306article-1217267-06A60915000005DC-328_306

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
aaronyoji

i don't think either one of them think about the other tho. the media just likes to group these people together when they find something vaguely similar. 

ThisGuyTony

gagadaily, welcome to 2009.

What happened in 2009?

I wasn't here in 2009... :udidnt:

rivingtonrebels

I've always thought of Kylie as pretty generic...she's never been big in Canada sooooooo dont curr

SomethingMore

What happened in 2009?

I wasn't here in 2009... :udidnt:

This info u posted is from 2009.

ThisGuyTony

This info u posted is from 2009.

Oh. :rip:

It's new to me though. Lol... xD

Judge Judy

Surely it's just that they're using similar designers rather than outright copying one another.

It isn't like either of them designed or created the outfits they're wearing, it's just overlap due to trends and the small pool of designers.

DrewStevens

I think Kylie inspired some of her looks. Mostly because Gaga knows a lot of pop music, and Kylie is a big influence in pop music today (she has being using EDM elements in her music before any of the new pop stars).

Off Topic: Kylie "inspired" Madonna in many things. As the same as Madonna says that she has "inspired" Gaga.

They inspired each other. And inspired my GagaKylie avatar too.

If Gaga hadn't brought dance music back in the US, Kylie wouldn't have been inspired to tour here.

But Fame Gaga looks owe more to Fever Kylie than to Madonna.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived