Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Any Chance That Gaga Can Still Top Her Sales Peak?

Dangerous Man

84 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Gaga can still outsell her previous work sales peak? (e.g Poker Face sales, The Fame sales)

• Why not? Heck YES!
    • Doubt it.
    • Are you kidding me? NO!
    • No one care about charts and sales! smh

Featured Posts

VforVendetta

Yes because we still don't know her peak. It's not impossible. madonna has done it, Mj has done it and Gaga can do it... And you don't need to be delusional to claim that because it is possible.

OH, AND GUYS THE FAME WASN'T A REVOLUSIONARY ALBUM, IT WAS A GREAT GENERIC POP ALBUM WITH SOME NON-GENERIC HIGHLIGHTS.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
aaronyoji

This :nails: Unless we get something as big, revolutionary and commercially attractive as TF/M :yes: Which I think/hope we will, so you never know :shrug:

your case is lost at right about there, tbh. 

what sets off a massive spark is something new and different, you can't achieve any of that while aiming for commercial attractiveness. gaga makes pop music already, her first 3 albums have all been tailored for a pop ear, so its not like she needs to go "more pop" just to sell just as much as she did years ago.

she really only peaked so highly and early because she had this out there persona, but it was never complimented in her music at all, so people could feel cool thinking they were a fan of something avant garde  while still enjoying generic pop tunes that where easy to swallow. 

Carles

it doesn't matter

This. Shes a musician, not a sales rep. It doesnt matter what sales she makes, its all about quality not quantity :tea:

GagaMyBlood95

why not? I mean, if the album is great, if the performances are epic, if she promotes it in the right way, hell yes!

WarriorPrince

Not gonna happen. She was cool and loved by the GP in TF era. Mainly during Just Dance and Poker Face.

She can do better than Born This Way, but she can't touch The Fame success.

Dangerous Man

As a fan, I'm obviously hoping she would. But realistically-speaking, I seriously doubt she could actually outsell those incredibly high record sales, particularly the ones in the United States, which is still the world's largest music market. And it's generally because it's highly challenging for an artist to top the sales of the records which made them famous in the first place as people tend to buy music which is something new to them, something "fresh" in their ears, if I may say. It's not solely limited to Gaga per se, but other huge music superstars have also experienced the same fate. 

For instance in album sales, Britney Spears's debut album still remains as her best-selling album even after a decade in the industry, both in the U.S. and worldwide. Rihanna's 2007 album, Good Girl Gone Bad, the album responsible for pushing her into worldwide fame, still remains as her best-selling album, both in the U.S. and worldwide - despite having back-to-back #1 hits from her 5th album, Loud, in 2010-2011. Same goes for the likes of Eminem, Beyonce, and Justin Timberlake. I could safely say that even Adele would most likely experience this kind of trend... eventually. 

But on the other hand, I've to admit that singles sales are relatively more difficult to predict. Both Adele and Katy Perry enjoyed their most successful singles from their sophomore major studio albums - partly because their debut studio efforts weren't hugely successful, if we compare it to blockbuster debuts from the likes of Britney Spears, Beyonce, and Gaga herself. Indirectly, it was easier for the likes of Katy and Adele to outsell their previous singles because the record sales themselves aren't that huge to begin with. 

And that's exactly the drawback I'm seeing with an artist like Gaga. She started so immensely successful that to see another something from her as immensely successful as before would only look like a mere far-fetched ambition. But who knows? With the right timing and promotion, she could pull a We Belong Together moment just like Mariah Carey did in the 2000s. Everyone loves a surprise, don't we? 

I think you've got point. But somebody here says MJ and Madge topped their previous works. However, I believe those were still from the past examples. Your example was more modern, so I think your intuition is more probably. 

But like you, I'm also hoping she can pull another We Belong Together success. 

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

MelbHawker

I don't expect her too to be honest, and there really isn't any way to tell in today's industry.

When she broke out, her style was so new to music buyers and the media that everyone couldn't help but watch her because she became such a massive spectacle. That's why her sales were so high - that, and because her brilliant artistry/style was backed up by her equally brilliant music.

At the present time - people have become more accustomed to her artistry/style (and others have tried to use her style as a platform for themselves to 'make it') that now people either love it or hate because it's become so over exposed. I doubt she'll reach the sales heights of The Fame again - it'd take something absolutely game changing to result in those types of sales. But if she matches the sales of BTW (album sales, that is) I'll be impressed. 

Bitter

the lead single will sell 11 millions WW.

the album 8 mil.

mark my post b---hes.

hausofmike

:lmao: she would have to release music the GP wants for the most part. So he'll no

Dangerous Man

Suddenly many voted for "Doubt it". :shocked:

WarriorPrince

the lead single will sell 11 millions WW.

the album 8 mil.

mark my post b---hes.

Still wouldnt top her sales peak.

Bitter

Still wouldnt top her sales peak.

yes, i don't think she will top the 14-15 mil of poker face and the album sales of TFM BUT i live for the unexpected.

Dangerous Man

yes, i don't think she will top the 14-15 mil of poker face and the album sales of TFM BUT i live for the unexpected.

#truestan :hug:

Archived