💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

Florence + The Machine

Floppy

Featured Posts

dethraydethray

wut? :nails: anyone who says Ceremonials is poorly written is...confused. lol i'm sorry, but the entire album is so profound and poetic. you're going to have to explain what you mean xD

I think Ceremonials is a great album, but live? It's lazy tbh. I heard her perform twice when promoting Lungs and twice when promoting Ceremonials. Lungs she surpassed herself, but Ceremonials was, for the majority, quite lazy. Maybe it was the venues, but I just prefer her songwriting on Lungs. Everything seemed so organic and fresh, whereas Ceremonials heavily relied upon a fantastic production. 

She needs to stop collaborating with Calvin Harris. He's an amazing producer and I love his work but it's so not Florence. I need something organic for the next album. I always said if Lungs was twisted vines and rotting flowers, Ceremonials was a polished, brass organ.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^ I semi see your point? But even though C is more grandiose/larger than L, it's still an organic album--the drums, everything. If you were complaining about sweet nothing that would make more sense I suppose. But that's only one song, and I don't think she would step out of her comfort zone so much into mainstream pop music. Lungs was very much about her voice (hence the album title). Ceremonials was more than that. Her vocals on C surpass L, IMO, and the production is even better. Paul epworth outdid himself.

That being said, album 3 can't be the same sound. She has to evolve. ID like to see her experiment with some electronic influence, personally, but I would also love to see her going more into acoustic-y sound like her unreleased.

JudasInTheDark

I think this is my fave as well.

Never Let Me Go :nails:

Ellie Goulding

I think the song writing on Ceremonials is brilliant. The lyrics in Seven Devils alone surpass all of her previous lyrics. If anything, it's the production. It's so richly dark that I think it's hard for a lot of people to listen to Ceremonials straight through in one sitting. Whereas Lungs has at least one song to match every mood. I like Lungs & Ceremonials equally :nails: 

Also, I don't know if any of you follow Flo on instagram.. But she's so cute :cryga: She posts a ton of pics of her and Isa. She's also been posting pics of them in the studio. I guess she's not taking that year long break :party:

JudasInTheDark

What is her Instagram? :)

I think the song writing on Ceremonials is brilliant. The lyrics in Seven Devils alone surpass all of her previous lyrics. If anything, it's the production. It's so richly dark that I think it's hard for a lot of people to listen to Ceremonials straight through in one sitting. Whereas Lungs has at least one song to match every mood. I like Lungs & Ceremonials equally :nails:

Also, I don't know if any of you follow Flo on instagram.. But she's so cute :cryga: She posts a ton of pics of her and Isa. She's also been posting pics of them in the studio. I guess she's not taking that year long break :party:

Ellie Goulding

What is her Instagram? :)

ouhoh

(I'm not really sure either )

Floppy

wut? :nails: anyone who says Ceremonials is poorly written is...confused. lol i'm sorry, but the entire album is so profound and poetic. you're going to have to explain what you mean xD

PREACH.

PREACH.

:legend: i honestly don't think she can top herself with the third album. at least for me. ceremonials so far exceeded anything i could've ever imagined, and no matter what great material she releases (it'll be great, we already know this), ceremonials is my FAVORITE album ever. it can't be topped, i honestly don't think so xP lungs, definitely can though :)

Floppy

:legend: i honestly don't think she can top herself with the third album. at least for me. ceremonials so far exceeded anything i could've ever imagined, and no matter what great material she releases (it'll be great, we already know this), ceremonials is my FAVORITE album ever. it can't be topped, i honestly don't think so xP lungs, definitely can though :)

You're totally right I agree, personally I was equally slayed by lungs. All your points are very true in my opinion though.

lungs is still a great album, though. very, very high quality in terms of theme, lyrics, production, concept, image. but ceremonials just COMPLETELY exceeded all expectations i had for her, i don't know why. haha

i am SO eager for album 3

JudasInTheDark

She said 2014 right?

lungs is still a great album, though. very, very high quality in terms of theme, lyrics, production, concept, image. but ceremonials just COMPLETELY exceeded all expectations i had for her, i don't know why. haha

i am SO eager for album 3

did she? i never heard that, but that's not tooooo bad! i'm sure we won't get something in 2013 anyway. 

AJH219

She said in an interview towards the end of 2012, that "There is a big take a year off plan" or something along those lines. I can't recall which media outlet she gave the interview for though. Also, yes. Ceremonials is FLAWLESS. That is all. :)

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

Still my favourite band after all these years  :worship:

how long have you been a fan? :) i've been a fan since her DDAO performance on the MVAs, a big fan since WTWGM, and a stan since ceremonials' release :legend:

Archived