Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

Resident Evil

Hexxx

Featured Posts

Hexxx

They re even going to reboot the resident evil movies. hopefully they will add more horror

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love RE, but 6 was almost a disaster. It had so, so, so many good ideas, and it squanders every last one of them. It also is a game that does not understand moderation at all. Like, after a while, if you keep just throwing more and MORE at the player it just loses its effect and becomes redundant. By the time Simmons mutated into that colossal fly, I just couldn't be bothered anymore: I was done with him about three mutations ago. The game is just one big missed opportunity.

The series was much more satisfying when it was survival horror and not a cheap actioner.

Playing through Resident Evil 0 right now, it's pretty good, tough though. There's not a lot of health nor ammo o_o. Some of the enemies are awful too, I'm fleeing half the time :U

Chic

Normally I can ignore if there's not really that much ammo, but RE6 was just torture. There was such a little amount of ammo that it made the game almost unplayable at some points.

Hexxx

They need to take away all that crap and just let us run and shoot.

I beat Resident Evil 0 and good lord the item system was so difficult T_T. Having to lug and micro manage all items and weapons with so few inventory spaces all throughout the game. I lost my handgun 2/3's in and couldn't get back to it, but even then I would've had no room to carry it. This game on normal is like crazy challenge mode compared to other RE games. The game overall was pretty average the story or bosses weren't that epic though I did like Billy. 

Miel

Love RE, but 6 was almost a disaster. It had so, so, so many good ideas, and it squanders every last one of them. It also is a game that does not understand moderation at all. Like, after a while, if you keep just throwing more and MORE at the player it just loses its effect and becomes redundant. By the time Simmons mutated into that colossal fly, I just couldn't be bothered anymore: I was done with him about three mutations ago. The game is just one big missed opportunity.

The series was much more satisfying when it was survival horror and not a cheap actioner.

Barely even considered 6. Only potentially redeeming factors to me were Ada and Sherry, and I heard they weren't even done well (especially Sherry, considering how long she's been missing). What do you think about them in 6?

But i wonder what happened to rebeecca and carlos

In my head, I always envisioned 6 as an introduction to Rebecca's, Carlos', and Sherry's plotlines after the Raccoon City incident (this way way before 6 was officially announced). Billy, Claire, Chris, and Dr. Cameron (from 4D-Executor) would have all been involved. Why did it not turn out my fanboyish way :laughga:

3 points in and ready for more

Hexxx

What about the president's daughter Ashley Graham. I mean with the president dead, is she under some secret custody?

Hexxx

Is Resident Evil 6 canon :laughga:

Eros92

What about the president's daughter Ashley Graham. I mean with the president dead, is she under some secret custody?

Different President. 

Adam Benford was the Pres in RE6 while President Graham was in RE4.

Barely even considered 6. Only potentially redeeming factors to me were Ada and Sherry, and I heard they weren't even done well (especially Sherry, considering how long she's been missing). What do you think about them in 6?

Well, Sherry's a total cardboard character (but they all pretty much are in Resident Evil). She's perfectly...functional. And not really annoying or bothersome or anything. But she also doesn't really register as Sherry from RE2. It feels like a different character entirely.

Ada is as Ada as ever. If you've loved her sort of "untouchable femme fatale" schtick in the past, you'll probably be perfectly happy with her here, because that's exactly what she is again. It seems like you're going to learn more about her, finally, and I guess you learn new facts about her, yeah. But her ultimate motivation remains as murky as ever. She's just a stylish badass yet again. Which, I enjoy, so I was fine with that. Her campaign is one of the worst, though. :( It actually has one of the game's cooler moments, but more than the others, it ends with a real whimper, and the opening chapter of hers is just THE. WORST.

Mister G

Resident Evil 6 gave me a headache. Anything after 4 was a disaster for me. 4 worked so well because it was a different format and took the series into a new direction while maintaining some aspects of the survival horror from the past. By the time we get to part 5, it's pretty much Resident Evil: Call of Duty Edition. I think the remake of the 1st game for Gamecube is by far the best, followed by Resident Evil 2.

Eros92

I don't get the hate for RE6. I personally loved it.

I didn't care for Chris's story cause it felt to much like RE5 and therefore had WAY to much action.

Leon/Helena story was clearly the best, More survival horror then action but of course had that action element but it didn't drown out the SH aspect.

Sherry/Jakes was a nice mix of both action and survival horror. It had that RE3: Nemisis feel to it cause you were relentlessly hounded by that thing haha

Personally I think people give this game a really bad rap but it had a lot of good things about it that outweigh the negatives, at least for me. 

Archived