Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga's manager: 'CDs are still a huge business'

Bye

Featured Posts

Gaga is Life

This is good to know, I always buy albums on CD's and if I lost that opportunity buying albums would feel much less exciting to me.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Baptiste

Hey Bambino! What interview does this gif come from?

I believe she was promoting FAME. Can't tell which interview as she did a few back then.

I guess it's her french interview with Nikos Aliagas (50 minutes inside, TF1, 09/29 2012).  :)

Unfortunately, I can't find the video. 

Lady-Gaga-50-mn-inside-29-septembre-2012

Brolyskins

I DONT CARE BOUT NOTHIN NO MORE JESUS, I JUST WANT SOME NEW GAGA SOMETHING lol

I dont care if its new pictures, music, videos, weaves! GAGA COME BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Giorno Giovanna

I agree 100%

i love booklets with high quality album art, it's real, not like looking at a hq pic on pc

Vinyls are amazing, and I hope they keep doing them with ARTPOP, is the most beautiful thing that you can have. Also a CD with a booklet... there's nothing compared to have your music physicaly, you can touch it, watch it, have it in a collection... much better and special than have a folder in your computer.

このジョルノジョヴァンナ夢がある

I have Gaga's albums physically on CD's but they only serve as decoration and as something physical I can touch with my bare hands. It feels more personal while digital is rather impersonal. Of course, I don't use the CDs lol I have all the songs on my phone.

GlitterGrease

pretty much.

dont mean to be a dick but the plural of vinyl is vinyl. there is no such thing as vinyls lol

Vinyls are amazing, and I hope they keep doing them with ARTPOP, is the most beautiful thing that you can have. Also a CD with a booklet... there's nothing compared to have your music physicaly, you can touch it, watch it, have it in a collection... much better and special than have a folder in your computer.

Jenniferella

"You will get ARTPOP sooner than expected"  :awkney:

CDs :sick:

?

Explain

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

NewYorkCity

pretty much.

dont mean to be a dick but the plural of vinyl is vinyl. there is no such thing as vinyls lol

oh, don't worry, I like to learn more :)

thatfoxyfeeling

If I can persuade myself not to buy ARTPOP on iTunes but wait till it's in store, then I'll definatly get the CD. It will be much more exciting to see the album cover in my hands, holding a masterpiece. Oh and the app!

Michelle

I prefer digital now TBH. I actually can't stand cd's anymore :shrug:

Lets go take a howl at that moon🌙 -Crowley

giskardsb

I think I heard someone speak like that comparing CDs to Vinyls...

except in this case its the very real issue that mp3's are compressed lower resolution versions of what the actual CD contains.  But most people these days listen to music on bad listening devices and headphones so they can't tell the difference, or just don't know what good sound is.  Jimmy Iovine himself has said as much in interviews plenty of times which is why he got involved with beats in HP machines etc, but that doesn't do anything to solve the problem that the original source material when gotten from iTunes is not as good as it could be.  They just need to use apple lossless format or flac.

Sagerauru

except in this case its the very real issue that mp3's are compressed lower resolution versions of what the actual CD contains.  But most people these days listen to music on bad listening devices and headphones so they can't tell the difference, or just don't know what good sound is.  Jimmy Iovine himself has said as much in interviews plenty of times which is why he got involved with beats in HP machines etc, but that doesn't do anything to solve the problem that the original source material when gotten from iTunes is not as good as it could be.  They just need to use apple lossless format or flac.

I feel you, giskardsb. I would absolutely love the option to download things from iTunes in ALAC as opposed to compressed M4A. M4A isn't too bad but there are still a lot of audible differences between the compressed file and a lossless file. What irritates me even more is the lack of options when it comes to purchasing music in a lossless format. Better yet, the few websites that do offer the ability to buy lossless music such as Beatport have the nerve to charge you extra for the song because it is lossless. Bandcamp doesn't charge extra but I doubt we will be seeing artists like Gaga on there anytime soon.

Speaking of Bandcamp, I think their download model should be the standard everywhere. I really appreciate that they give you the option of which format you want the music in as opposed to forcing a compressed file on you. That way, those of us with discerning ears are satisfied and those who don't want lossless files are satisfied, too.

To sort of stay on topic, I do agree with Troy that CDs are still a huge business and they will remain a huge business until something better comes along to replace them. For some people, I could see lossless music downloads being that better thing. I don't know that that would be able to kill the CD, though, since there is still a huge desire for something physical and you obviously can't get that with digital files.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived