Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Rolling Stone names Gaga as one of the New Immortals

Deacon

Featured Posts

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kayla

Let's be honest, Taylor will be remembered for her MTV VMA drama with Kanye and her man eater habit more than anything even her music to us.

Also where's Jay-Z mofocka?! :crossed:

:trootea:

Gaga's destined to be a Legend.

Gagaloo911

Rolling Stone and dat truth tea knowing wats up I see :classy:

Kanye West? Taylor Swift? Rihanna?

wmVH4ZQ.jpg

:dead:

Pop Art

I think Rihanna shouldn't be on the list. She isn't talented. Period. She has a lot of sales, but that's it. I'm not saying she won't be remembered though. She'll be remembered more like Cyndi Lauper, few hit singles and that's it. She will never be culturally important with songs like "Diamonds" and "We Found Love"

And even then, her 'huge' #1 singles usually only sell around 3-3.5 million (or below) each, which isn't too good for someone as 'big' as Rihanna. All her power is in radio support in my opinion.

RAMROD

:trootea:

Gaga's destined to be a Legend.

Gosh, I feel flattered a legend quoting me  :worship:  :shy:

Oh i see, so this si the new version. Thanks for the help.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

MelbHawker

Hurry up ARTPOP!

Time to eradicate all the basics that are clinging for life. 

BlueVenusian

ROLLING STONES CALLING GAGA IMMORTAL :legend:

I'm happy Rihanna's there too :party:

GagaSlayedYou

I'm prob wrong but i think that Nicki is gonna be really mentioned in the next 30 years, but I dont know if because of trying to be white or to be gaga or both :derpga: jk.

heavyMetalGAGA

In the 80's every music critic on Earth thought Cyndi Lauper had staying power while Madonna would be a flash in the pan. The situation is very similar with GaGa and Rihanna. I wouldn't be suprised at all if once again talent takes a back seat to vapid s-x appeal.

So you're saying Gaga is going to be in the back seat and Rihanna is going to be remembered more? She has more radio support, but overall fans/ticket sales/cultural impact, Gaga is waaay more like Madonna than Rihanna could ever dream of being, in terms of the aforementioned & success. 

StrawberryBlond

This list is effed. I was expecting a list of artists with genuine talent and staying power. Hell, I was expecting to know who all the artists on the list were!

Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Arcade Fire? What the hell?

Phish, LCD Soundsystem, Wilco? Who the hell are they?

But if there's one thing that makes this list remotely credible, it's the absence of Adele. Thank God Rolling Stone realises that the woman is just a flash in the pan waiting to happen, just like Norah Jones. She hasn't brought anything new to the table or strives to experiment and making music doesn't even seem to be something that she's that passionate about. Yes, 21 has cemented itself as a legendary album, it will forever be cemented in the bestsellers list and never forgotten. But one massive selling album doth not an immortal singer make. Norah Jones's debut sold as much as 21 and she isn't regarded as one of the greats, so why should Adele?

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived