*4 *,651,948 **3,462 BORN THIS WAY / Lady Gaga 11/05/23

This week :

19 [14] - Born this Way the Remix - 6,650

35 [35] - Born this Way - 3,272

Totals:

BTW:TR: 18,770

BTW: 655,220

MTN was #700 4 days ago and now its #190 :party:

Nice ! It should rocket into the top 100 when her special airs on xams :)

***and Born This Way still at #38 on Itunes... amazing -_-

Ok I followed the Japanese market for a long time so I know what I'm talking about. THe digital market is HUGE in japan and also PHYSICAL copies is still hugely relevant in the industry. BILLBOARD isn't relieable because they don't count DIGITAL sales, only PHYSICAL sales and RADIO. However RADIO is not big in Japan AT ALL. In fact it's pretty much dead. So billboard isn't relieble atleast in Japan. The thing with Western Artists in Japan is that they don't release their single physically. The only western single that was released physically in Japan was Born This Way, which I believed sold around 30,000 copies. This is excelling as this doesn't usually happen. DIGITAL wise, Gaga is slaying left to right, she's doing better than most of the Japanese Divas at the moment, which is amazing considering that the Japanese market is very group dominate, it's hard to stand on your own as a solo artist.

Born this way debuted at no.1 on the recochoku chart both with the full song and the ringtone. (Yes ringtones are also very big in Japan, its makes up about 50% of the total digital sales unit wise).

Judas debuted at no.5 or so on both chart and peaked at no.2 once it got featured in a commericial for the android mobile phone. (That's another thing about the japanese market, you need tie-in and features to gain exposers).

THe Edge of Glory peaked at no.6 though stayed on chart for a VERY long time because it got featured as a theme in a TV show. The song went into full swing once the Google Chrome commercial aired.

Y&I peaked at no.12 or so I remember. It didn't do very well.

I haven't seen MTN pop up on the top 100 yet.

as for sales wise we don't know, we only get certification once the song gets certificate. ON the top of my head I remember:

Poker face- platinum (250k) on the full song on mobile, Platinum (250k) for itunes (this is very rare that a song on itunes got platinum). gold (100k) for the remix on mobile, and close to 500k as ringtones (ringtones certification begins at double platinum 500k and Poker face hasn't reach that milestone yet.). So in total Poker Face sold about 1 millions copies in total digitally, it's her biggest song there.

Telephone is her second biggest hit. Platinum (250k) for full song and gold (100k) on itunes. Don't know where it as ringtones sorry, but would be very close to 500k. so in total it would have got about 750k.

Born this way got certififed Gold (100k) as the full song though mobile download and also gold (100k) on itunes. Judas got Gold on mobile. Bad romance also reached gold in mobile.

Another song that did really well digitally was speechless. Japanese LOVE ballads so I'm not very surprise.

I hope this helps.

thank you public chair :)

I know Japan hot 100 isnt the greatest thing for Japan but it's the only one I can find...

At least it shows which songs are digitally huge.

2011 Yearly Top150 albumï¼Ë†2010/12/27ä»ËœÃ¯½Å¾2011/12/05è¿â€žÃ¯¼â€°

*1 *,871,521 *65,371 Beautiful World / Ã¥µ 11/07/06

*2 *,824,234 **1,930 ã“ã“ã«Ã£â€žÃ£Å¸Ã£â€œÃ£¨ / AKB48 11/06/08

*3 *,739,790 **1,257 é¡ËœÃ£â€žÃ£®Ã¥¡â€ / EXILE 11/03/09

*4 *,651,948 **3,462 BORN THIS WAY / Lady Gaga 11/05/23

surprised to see her up there with Arashi and AKB48, usually talented people get swept under the rug in Japan. Happy to see her succeed <3

And Publicchair, thanks for the Recochoku information! I know that's bigger than iTunes in Japan, so I was curious to see how she did on there.

Edited by gracie

Born This Way went 3x platinum this week in Japan, 750k shipped :)

Born This Way the remix went gold too, 100k shipped.

Gaga slaying in Japan

***sales for this week :

19 [14] - Born this Way the Remix - 6,650

35 [35] - Born this Way - 3,272

BTW:TR: 18,770

BTW: 655,220

Edited by Freddy

2nd biggest music market in the world loves gaga :flutter:

:clap: Japanese fans in general are so support, I'm glad she keeps going back to perform for them.

Edited by Miss Boogie

Dangerous Man

Gaga, queen of JAPAN, she even surpass female solo artist with their new album in this year. :legend:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

She has to do 10 concerts in the next tour :redface:

Like, in the Tokyo, Nagoya, Osaka and Fukuoka, and record the DVD in the Tokyo Dome :legend:

Gaga, queen of JAPAN, she even surpass female solo artist with their new album in this year. :legend:

:roll:

You don't get to be queen of a market for selling well two-three years . She sells well, but she hasn't made any sort of impact on the Japanese industry or influenced many artists or pop trends in Japan like, say, Utada Hikaru's introduction of R&B to Japan, or Ayumi Hamasaki's general shaping of the entire pop market from 2000-2005/6. Electronic and Dance music is still generally not successful in Japan. The only occurrence of it has been the Hallyu wave, which has been influencing the Japanese market.

Edited by gracie