💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Starlight Talks About Gaga, Shades Bieber & Rihanna

ARTPOPIST86

Featured Posts

"She’s pop, but, in a way, she’s more like a rock-and-roll act." spillTheTruth :legend: :legend: :legend:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are Gaga's companions always the ones to speak up about other celebrities, while Gaga doesn't say ****?

Because this way Gaga can hype us with a possible collab (that will never happen) and we will chat more about those rumours. She does that cuz she knows the wait for ARTPOP is killing us and she doesn't wanna see us sad. :nacho:

:troll:

TheProfessor

That wasn't shade, but an umbrella.

You can stan under my umbrella - under my umbrella

eh,eh

----there's nothing else I can say :troll:

Hahahaah i laughed at this lol :lmao:

Didn't Gaga get dropped from Def Jam? Because they didn't understand her vision? In other words, because they didn't let her be so hands-on in her creative vision.........

this :golfclap:

Well the interviewer DID ask the question. And honestly did she lie? They dont create their product. It's done for them. Maybe she should have just said next question and left it at that, but I can understand how aggravating it would be getting criticized constantly, while others that just sit back, ride on the backs of other more talented people, and let their face sell their stuff and make them millions could wear on someone. Thats the biggest problem with music nowadays. The fact that Biebers, Rihannas, Katys etc. are even in the industry is a testament to just how far gone music has become. Its more about whos attractive, rather than who actually can create something worth listening to. So I personally dont think either Bieber or Rihanna are honestly artists, and I wish the music industry would finally call them on it.

:clap:

TheProfessor

Well to me shes like the black Britney Spears, but the difference between her and Britney is that she has the confidence and the attitude to stand her ground and say 'no' if she wants to, she shines through in her album a little more than Britney because of her attitude. Its not really hands on but of course shes still involved. But see to me the difference between her and Gaga is that, for instance, nothing about We Found Love is really Rihanna. Its a Calvin Harris song through and through. You know? Often times with Gaga its not like that, she makes sure her **** is her own. Idk....I don't like comparing artists either. But what she said in this interview wasn't in the least bit offensive in my opinion. It was truthful without being disrespectful.

Rihanna still holds her own, despite having a team of people crafting her to be a Top 40 shoe-in. Theres a place for a pop artist like her in the industry and shes on the top. What I like so much about Unapologetic is how obviously reflective it is of where shes at in her life right now. Even though her name isn't credited to much of the album, its obvious shes really coming into her own as a pop star. She shone through in this album, just as she did in Rated R. Shows promise. But shes still very obviously committed to being that kind of a pop star though....so idk.

i can asure u that she wont change bcoz, shes too comfortable where shes in at the moment :redface:

"She’s pop, but, in a way, she’s more like a rock-and-roll act." :legend:

My favorite comment in the entire interview. :rockstar:

She's cool in my book.

Silence those demons... . 🖤

TheProfessor

There's a clear difference between Gaga and Rihanna (or the rest of the pop stars these days for that matter). Among them would be the magnitude of her involvement to whatever she does. And it's also one of the reasons why I support Gaga more than anyone else in the music industry. Her commitment and passion shows off immensely on her works.

On one hand, I'm also enthusiastic with the efforts of Rihanna to improve her own craft, even in her own little ways. As for Starlight's comment, I guess it really varies to one's interpretation at the end of the day. It was very much respectful, I have to agree, as shown with her opening statement. I applaud her for that. But there's still a part of me that strongly thinks that the "real artist" argument is unnecessary to say the least. Because to measure one's "authenticity" as a musician is highly debatable.

Some elitists would argue that the artists like Adele are the ones who are considered making "real music" and those who rely on theatrics and aesthetics are merely manufactured pop acts. Some would argue that the rock bands are the ones who's giving the world a taste of what's "real music" and those outside their genre are being unfairly looked down. Others would like to point out that those who make jazz music are the "real" musicians. And the debate goes on and on. What I'm trying to say is that it seems it's implausible for everyone to give a uniform definition of the terms "real music" and "real artists" to an extent I wonder if there's such a need for that to begin with. I mean, does anyone really need to label an artist's genuineness? :shrug:

But when an artist can do all kind of music like gaga, what should we say? :ohwell:

hausofandrew

Bieber and Rihanna are not artists, they are commercial projects. They both will fade in 5-10 years.

Bieber and Rihanna are not artists, they are commercial projects. They both will fade in 5-10 years.

Rihanna won't fade that fast. Were have you been? she is one of the most successful popstars in this moment in US and WW.

She said some truth. She could avoid the Rihanna and Bieber question in other way.

Lady Starlight is always speaking so much truth.

the fact that Rihanna's team pushes out an album a year should in fact not be something to be proud of. Her team treats her music as a disposable commodity, just get the next #1 single and then forget about it.

Well the interviewer DID ask the question. And honestly did she lie? They dont create their product. It's done for them. Maybe she should have just said next question and left it at that, but I can understand how aggravating it would be getting criticized constantly, while others that just sit back, ride on the backs of other more talented people, and let their face sell their stuff and make them millions could wear on someone. Thats the biggest problem with music nowadays. The fact that Biebers, Rihannas, Katys etc. are even in the industry is a testament to just how far gone music has become. Its more about whos attractive, rather than who actually can create something worth listening to. So I personally dont think either Bieber or Rihanna are honestly artists, and I wish the music industry would finally call them on it.

"She’s pop, but, in a way, she’s more like a rock-and-roll act." spillTheTruth :legend:

All of this!! :clap:

Why are Gaga's companions always the ones to speak up about other celebrities, while Gaga doesn't say ****?

Cos Gaga has a really good heart. :flutter:

giskardsb

So is Brit, and she's been constantly working in spite of her meltdowns, and I'd say both Rih and Bieber are actually better singers than Brit. Elvis didn't write his material either, thats never been a requirement for a pop star. Coming as I do from the Rock world though, I have much greater personal respect for Gaga because of the involvement she has, and I am perfectly willing to wait while she takes the time to do what she needs to do. Rock acts don't release an album a year either.

The ONLY pop stars I "stan" for are heavily involved in their own music... Shakira, Pink, Gaga, for example. I'll pick and choose stuff that I like from others, but I don't support them as "artists" in the same way.

Rainbowgynous

shes mine remember :fan:

You can have her when you've got a severe fear of flying, but fly over 5000 km to get to her :P

MINE! <3

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived