Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Zedd talks ARTPOP for DigitalSpy

dontbesweet

Featured Posts

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

]

Born This Way was a huge album that some considered a flop compared to the success of The Fame. Have her record label been in touch much to oversee things?

"There's always going to be an issue when people expect a lot. People always think the longer they wait the better the album will be, like Daft Punk have been gone for seven years, so people think their next album will be seven times better than their last. It's just a mistake. I think GaGa did exactly what she wanted with Born This Way and I think that's the only way you can be a true artist. It's the same with ARTPOP, she's just doing what she wants to do."

"There's just been no limitations at all. No set genre, song length, anything. I'm not afraid to show her the least commercial idea I have. She has a certain way of writing and she likes it to be challenged on the production."

THIS!!!

StrawberryBlond

Does anyone else hate it when an interviewer asks someone a question and they either expertly dodge the point or say the most irrelevant things that couldn't be further from the question's intent if they tried? He gets asked if there's any label interference on the album and he dodges the question and says everyone expects the next album to be better and you just have to let Gaga do what she wants. He doesn't outright say yes or no (though I suppose it would sound awful if he did say yes and the media would jump on it and start saying that Gaga's letting her label make her music for her, so I'll give him that one). And then he's later asked to describe a song he worked on with her and he gives a broad answer about all the songs they've worked on and just saying that they're all amazing and really out there. I mean, what was the harm in simply saying something like "There's this one song that is this insane dance beat that builds up into a catchy chorus that won't leave your head and then there's an amazing dance break." He doesn't have to say the name of it, just describe it. Was that too difficult? This teasing is getting ridiculous now.

Does anyone else hate it when an interviewer asks someone a question and they either expertly dodge the point or say the most irrelevant things that couldn't be further from the question's intent if they tried? He gets asked if there's any label interference on the album and he dodges the question and says everyone expects the next album to be better and you just have to let Gaga do what she wants. He doesn't outright say yes or no (though I suppose it would sound awful if he did say yes and the media would jump on it and start saying that Gaga's letting her label make her music for her, so I'll give him that one). And then he's later asked to describe a song he worked on with her and he gives a broad answer about all the songs they've worked on and just saying that they're all amazing and really out there. I mean, what was the harm in simply saying something like "There's this one song that is this insane dance beat that builds up into a catchy chorus that won't leave your head and then there's an amazing dance break." He doesn't have to say the name of it, just describe it. Was that too difficult? This teasing is getting ridiculous now.

THIS! that last answer just pissed me off -_-!

MANiCURE1295

I agree with you!

I can not believe they have been together for almost 2 months on tour and have not finished a single song. WTF is this? And they have been working on ARTPOP even before the tour. I feel ARTPOP will be a mess with unfinished and overpoduced tracks. Zedd seems so insecure about his work

Americano

I can not believe they have been together for almost 2 months on tour and have not finished a single song. WTF is this? And they have been working on ARTPOP even before the tour. I feel ARTPOP will be a mess with unfinished and overpoduced tracks. Zedd seems so insecure about his work

Oh, so Born This Way 2.0? :laughga:

Americano

Oh, also adding that DJWS has been with her since the Australian leg of the tour after Zedd was on the other leg.

And now Madeon is with her too.

Yet they cant finish any songs :lmao:

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived