Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Remember when Lady Gaga ruled the world?

Muh

Featured Posts

Awards-wise, yes. sales-wise, yes. But on the other hand, it was also during the BTW era when she'd have her second consecutive world tour to gross more than $200 million, making her the sole contemporary solo artist of this generation to achieve such feat. Her debut perfume, FAME, also became the second fastest-selling celebrity perfume in history, just after Coco Chanel. In 2012, she was named as the Most Famous Celebrity on Earth by Guinness World Records. She was also heralded among the Most Important Artists of 2012 by the stakeholders of the music industry via Billboard's report - despite the lack of any music release at that time period. Her BTW album was named among the greatest albums by a female artist in history by RollingStone, despite being just released in 2011.

With all the things said, she may not have dominated the charts like she used to back in 2009/2010, but she's still pretty much among the world's biggest pop acts today, despite all the backlash she got from the BTW era. Besides, there are more success indicators other than the Billboard charts.

FRAME THIS AND HANG IT ON BUCKINGHAM PALACE

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awards-wise, yes. sales-wise, yes. But on the other hand, it was also during the BTW era when she'd have her second consecutive world tour to gross more than $200 million, making her the sole contemporary solo artist of this generation to achieve such feat. Her debut perfume, FAME, also became the second fastest-selling celebrity perfume in history, just after Coco Chanel. In 2012, she was named as the Most Famous Celebrity on Earth by Guinness World Records. She was also heralded among the Most Important Artists of 2012 by the stakeholders of the music industry via Billboard's report - despite the lack of any music release at that time period. Her BTW album was named among the greatest albums by a female artist in history by RollingStone, despite being just released in 2011.

With all the things said, she may not have dominated the charts like she used to back in 2009/2010, but she's still pretty much among the world's biggest pop acts today, despite all the backlash she got from the BTW era. Besides, there are more success indicators other than the Billboard charts.

Every member of GGD should at some point read this ^ :clap:

jayvee_pikachu

And? She's still famous and successful.

She'll never be back to how she was in 2010.

cause someday she'll top it,

It's so sad how so many fans literally need her to be the biggest thing on earth. Just enjoy her music damn it. She's a musician not a ****ing queen.

Remember when this fan base seemed less annoying in 2009-2010? I miss that.

Me too.

It's so sad how so many fans literally need her to be the biggest thing on earth. Just enjoy her music damn it. She's a musician not a ****ing queen.

The only thing that really matters is that her music is good.

Didymus

The perspective changed over the years.

'08: New, fun pop act

'09: She's officially doing something very interesting

'10: The world is surprised by her continuous, rising success & her continuous innovation

'11/'12: She returns with a bang and solidifies her status as a major pop act

The world knows her by now. The excitement of the new and innovating is gone. Now the fanbase is definitely formed: we have the Gaga-fans, the Gaga-haters and the ones who don't care. Everyone has been given three years to make up their minds about her. She's not new anymore, she can only do new things and that's gonna keep people interested.

That's why I think '13/'14 will be very surprising. It's the perfect career move. With BTW she showed everyone how she doesn't rely on musical/technological/... trends, but really is an original artist, in contrast to her peers (hence the "maturity" she talked about). She proved once and for all that Gaga's here to stay and isn't compromising for no one. Now that she proved that, she will, I think, go forward to a new, more free-spirited era in which she doesn't have to prove anything anymore. The only possible thing you can do after you showed everyone that you're still standing strong = have fun, let loose and celebrate with the ones you love + make new friends on the way.

Just needed to get that off ma chest :tea:

I've never seen a fanbase mourn their fave as much as Gaga's fanbase. She's still putting out albums and touring and doing tons of ****. Damn.

Imagine how people feel who stan for artists who used to be huge and now put out a record every few years anymore IF they're lucky.

I agree (but also because you have Lucy and Ethel as your sig and I LOVE LUCY! no pun intended...ok..totally intended) Being grateful is a verture in the LM fanbase...

• 3 weeks later...
Pop Art

I don't get this mindset that she's fading. Her perfume was one of the best selling perfumes of all time, and the Born This Way Ball was the 23rd best selling tour of all time. (The only reason it wasn't higher is because of the relatively low number of shows. On average, it actually grossed more than than the Monster Ball per show, so if there were just more dates, it would have easily out grossed the Monster Ball.) The only real moment of 'failure' I can think of is when Marry The Night didn't reach the Top 10, peaking at #29. But she's still on top of the world in my opinion.

Archived