💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

music news

Shawn Mendes' “Why Why Why” to debut around #84 on Hot 100

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Lextyr97

I have heard and seen no one talking about Shawn Mendes period in the last several weeks. This is unsurprising 

• Like 1

NATAH

i'll be honest, the only song i can name by him is senorita and thats only down to that weird PR relationship he had

mother, what must i do?

TheOriginalOne
13 minutes ago, NATAH said:

i'll be honest, the only song i can name by him is senorita and thats only down to that weird PR relationship he had

I can only recognize Treat You Better and only because it’s a very annoying song I was tormented by when I was younger. Shawn is kinda hot but his music has never been that interesting to me :ororomunroe:

jackweller

That’s a shame. I actually really like this song. Has this end of summer kinda vibe.

Future Lovers

Honestly, as a fan of his from day one, I am personally glad he's kinda stopped caring about this aspect of the job. 

He's achieved what most artists aim to achieve. He's had number one songs, number one albums, sold out arenas (and even some stadiums) around the world. He did it, and he did it young. It also took a toll on him, as has been the consistent message of this era so far. 

So honestly, I'm not surprised he isn't doing anything to promote other than these intimate live performances of the whole album. I'm not surprised his preference has become to just make the music he wants to make, release it, and whatever happens happens. 

There was a time when he was pretty chart obsessed, and to his credit, it worked out for him. He was successful in that pursuit. But I think he's also kinda just fallen out of infatuation with that path for his career. He's grown up, he's changed, and it seems his perspective on his music has changed as well. 

I can respect someone who just wants to do their thing and stops caring too much about what the success metrics of it are. It's nice to just finally see him enjoying making music again rather than it feeling like a job to him like it clearly was before. 

What does kind of bother me though is stans are doing what stans do and pointing and laughing, calling him a flop, etc. I mean I expected it but also...I just don't understand why it even matters anymore. Some artists just don't care as deeply about the charts as they used to. Some people get bored of chasing hits. Some people never liked it to begin with but did it because they were expected to. 

I think it's very commendable for him to so openly talk about his mental health, especially as a young man. That's a very responsible use of a platform. To have it diminished solely to his chart positions by some people who can only communicate in that language is just disheartening. 

Edited by Future Lovers
  • Like 1