Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

[🆕] Brat: 95 (+2) on MC, AOTY, 16th GOAT

StarstruckIllusion

Featured Posts

Agunimon
13 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

It's just annoying to see people claiming we just don't get it, don't understand electronic music and basically assuming what we like or we're limited. I enjoy all genres of music. That doesn't mean I like every artist's take on them. I'm also stumped as to why critics are giving it near perfect scores with the sparse, overly simplistic and repetitive lyrics, which is the killer for me. But hey, it makes a change to see someone getting praise outside the usual suspects.

I like the album, and it has gone from the bottom half of her discgrophy to the top with more and more listens. It's a very enjoyable listen - I like all the songs, except for Rewind which I find to be one of the worst pop songs I have heard this year. I am happy she is receiving the flowers she deserves, but the 95+ it is getting does boggle my mind. Especially when I see comments praising the lyricism, which 99% of the lyrics on this album are vapid and most of the songs repeat the same 4 lines SO extensively. These are the same people who say other artists have bad lyricism.

• Like 3

Pharamon

Well deserved, the album is amazing and the deluxe version only makes it better

Leblanc

So beyond happy for her, not a single skip for me at all

I always let the good ones go
  • Love 1

Ladle Ghoulash
9 hours ago, BleepBloop said:

I mean, people brought her and her album up in this very thread already, comparing it to BRAT, so….I think I’m good

8 hours ago, NATAH said:

no, you're not good. billie's album is great and Blue alone is better than all of brat if you're gunna praise it for brutal honesty and production :enigma:

LMAO all you want but that doesn't change the facts :enigma:

Nah, you’re both wrong ♥️

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 3

PopMusicForever

I think everyone is loving this album only because it’s doing good commercially and it’s the best Charli achieved in almost 15 years of her career. 
It is a typical Charli album imo.

StrawberryBlond
7 hours ago, Agunimon said:

Especially when I see comments praising the lyricism, which 99% of the lyrics on this album are vapid and most of the songs repeat the same 4 lines SO extensively. These are the same people who say other artists have bad lyricism.

This is the part that gets me. Very few lyrics per song and usually repeated. She did not do something by listing random unconnected things and then repeating "fall in love again and again" ad nauseum on Everything Is Romantic. She's 31 and I found these lyrics far too basic and immature for her age and experience in the industry. Yes, I know the album's called Brat but you can still write like a bratty 31 year old. 

• Like 2
  • LMAO 1

NATAH
13 hours ago, NATAH said:

no, you're not good. billie's album is great and Blue alone is better than all of brat if you're gunna praise it for brutal honesty and production :enigma:

LMAO all you want but that doesn't change the facts :enigma:

no one has yet proven me wrong welp :enigma:

mother, what must i do?
  • YAAAS 1

StarstruckIllusion
Just now, NATAH said:

what are you on about? you disliking the AOTY and 16th best album ever on Metacritic is a skill issue and a opinion at best :triggered:

now please stop spamming the thread with the same opinion like we get it 

• Like 1

Anderson123
4 minutes ago, NATAH said:

Blue, Chihiro and Birds of a Feather alone have ENDED discographies.

:legend:

• Thanks 1

monstertoronto
10 hours ago, NATAH said:

Blue sent literal chills down my spine, it's like it reached inside and pulled my childhood trauma to the surface kicking and screaming :samanthac:

meanwhile brat just... exists :samanthac:

I really love that for you! And Billie’s album is amazing. That’s what’s so amazing about music, it can hit people in a very personal and subjective way, that’s different for everyone. No one needs to prove you wrong because that’s so real and true for you and other music may do that for others. 

Edited by monstertoronto
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

ALGAYDO

Still can’t believe she pulled this off. I’m legit so happy for her. And happy for us gays and gals that adore this masterpiece of an album. BRAT, Hit Me Hard And Soft, and Girl With No Face are definitely the best pop albums released this year SO FAR 

Edited by ALGAYDO
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

stevana229

im actually so shocked people are loving Brat.. I feel like it sounds just like her last 3 albums.. Crash is still her best. Shell never top Constant Repeat lolz 

plane jane

I’ve been listening to this album everyday for a week now and still can’t wrap my head around how she pulled this off. this is such an intense ride, almost no time to breathe and reset after very vulnerable lyrics hit you right in the head. I’ve haven’t been this impressed by an album in a very long time. :giveup: 10/10 

• LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

ALGAYDO
12 hours ago, NATAH said:

Blue sent literal chills down my spine, it's like it reached inside and pulled my childhood trauma to the surface kicking and screaming :samanthac:

meanwhile brat just... exists :samanthac:

Charli is nowhere near Billie’s dept of lyricism, you’re right about that. But that’s the charm of Charli. She doesn’t need to hide behind metaphors and analogies to make her points across, she just says what’s on her mind and in her heart without dressing it up as something more grandiose than what it really is. It’s refreshing from the “sophisticated” pop POV nowadays where things *have* to be concealed under different literary devices. It’s raw, it packs a punch, and it isn’t hiding behind anything. I really feel like that’s why she’s blowing up rn. 

Edited by ALGAYDO
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 4

Aussie

I’ve only had a few casual listens with my headphones and love it. Even if it’s not the kind of pop I’d usually listen to on my own. It’s clean, simple yet powerful and some of the more melodic tunes gave me garbage (the band) nostalgic vibes. So far love it.

• Love 1

• PartySick locked this topic
  • PartySick unlocked this topic