Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Michelle Visage to host Drag Race Down Under Season 4

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Ladle Ghoulash
11 minutes ago, bpmMonkey said:

Ru has also been pretty uncomfortable with the DU franchise from the beginning. The humor never landed with her and I think she is at point in her life (for the last 10 years at least) where she doesnt do things that don’t „spark joy“ to her. I think UK also is just a question of time, if they even continue the UK seasons. 

UK is pretty popular, so idk why you’re acting like they’d discontinue it any time soon lol

• Like 1

Railing

Honestly I wouldn't mind Drag Race dying a bit in general. It has a negative impact on drag as a whole (queens' legacies being reduced to their relationship with the show), the judging is always weird, the edit is always weird, and Ru's clique have no reason to be judging regional variants in the first place.

If your only option for an Australian host is someone who isn't even a drag queen, and is only part of this by proximity to RuPaul... :rip:

• Like 2

ElusiveChanteuse

last season Ru seemed like she was judging a school talent quest... it felt kinda degrading to the australian drag culture. admittedly some of the critiques were warranted (ashley and the nip slip) but i noticed that ru's reactions were like she was a parent watching her children do a trick for her.

they also said that michelle would be joined by "a star studded line up of down under drag mentors" so who knows who that could be.

other than rhys and michelle, all i cna confirm is that peach prc is a guest judge (or at least involved in the show somehow)... very excited to see how this ru-less season pans out

im a free b*tch baby (he/they)
  • Love 2

ElusiveChanteuse
7 minutes ago, Railing said:

Honestly I wouldn't mind Drag Race dying a bit in general. It has a negative impact on drag as a whole (queens' legacies being reduced to their relationship with the show), the judging is always weird, the edit is always weird, and Ru's clique have no reason to be judging regional variants in the first place.

If your only option for an Australian host is someone who isn't even a drag queen, and is only part of this by proximity to RuPaul... :rip:

i think bringing down under drag culture to the world is brilliant, seeing the unique drag culture being broadcast to the masses makes me so proud, but I absolutely agree that queens' relationship to the show can make or break their career. i really admire the queens like courtney and willam who have made a name for themselves and are as successful as ever despite having a rocky road with Ru and DR

ElusiveChanteuse
3 hours ago, alsemanche said:

Oh Ru really is over it :air:

initially the rumours were because of a scheduling conflict with her book tour but Ru's quote under the post made it sound like she won't be returning for future seasons (if it gets renewed for s5)

Catnikko
49 minutes ago, bpmMonkey said:

Ru has also been pretty uncomfortable with the DU franchise from the beginning. The humor never landed with her and I think she is at point in her life (for the last 10 years at least) where she doesnt do things that don’t „spark joy“ to her. I think UK also is just a question of time, if they even continue the UK seasons. 

I agree except the UK part, she seems to love the UK :air: i mean the recent UK v the world Ru was clearly ill af and could barely speak but still filmed sounding strange as hell

Actual patient
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TheOriginalOne

Maybe Ru is near retiring. But tbh I was hoping Michelle would leave the franchise too so she can join The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. :healedmyheart:

• YAAAS 1

Taylucifer

This is good to see, would also like to see a past winner be brought in as a permanent judge just to have the working queen perspective who understands nz & aus drag culture

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW

bpmMonkey
7 hours ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

UK is pretty popular, so idk why you’re acting like they’d discontinue it any time soon lol

Because they can’t find queens any more who would like to participate? 😅 this has been true for the last season already and probably won’t change for the better with each season they’ll try to pull of. 
lol.

Jack3257

At this point, I feel like it would be best if Drag Race went to a streaming platform and they just did one or two English seasons per year, instead of a million franchises (this is coming from a non-fan who works in reality tv). 

blackpink
2 hours ago, TheOriginalOne said:

Maybe Ru is near retiring. But tbh I was hoping Michelle would leave the franchise too so she can join The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. :healedmyheart:

she would eat dorito UP omg someone get her a bravo contract STAT

• YAAAS 1

TheOriginalOne
1 minute ago, blackpink said:

she would eat dorito UP omg someone get her a bravo contract STAT

Michelle Visage would have ENDED the Fox Force Five!

The moment Visage walked into the room, Kyle, Erika, Dorit, Rinna, and John Mellencamp’s son-in-law’s son’s mother would have been asking for mercy like:  

icemeclout-michael-jackson.gif

• YAAAS 1

PMM
12 hours ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

Why can’t they just mend fences with Courtney Act and let her host it with Vanity lmao

Don;t you know they have a beef 

11 hours ago, gagzus said:

This will probably only be for this season, it’s allegedly because Ru is promoting his memoir.

The third judge is supposedly a rotation of Down Under queens, my guess is Kween Kong is deffo one because her and Michelle have been spending a LOT of time together lately

Spoiler

Kween Kong is filming GAS - Global All Stars. 

Helxig
9 hours ago, ElusiveChanteuse said:

last season Ru seemed like she was judging a school talent quest... it felt kinda degrading to the australian drag culture. admittedly some of the critiques were warranted (ashley and the nip slip) but i noticed that ru's reactions were like she was a parent watching her children do a trick for her.

they also said that michelle would be joined by "a star studded line up of down under drag mentors" so who knows who that could be.

other than rhys and michelle, all i cna confirm is that peach prc is a guest judge (or at least involved in the show somehow)... very excited to see how this ru-less season pans out

Peach would be an amazing judge! I love her rants on TikTok :laughga:  it's the unfiltered Australian rage that does it for me. Definitely better to let Aussies/kiwis judge. Maybe I'll watch this season...

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • YAAAS 1