❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
news

Joker NOT A Musical

EGOT2027

Featured Posts

bpmMonkey

Glad to see that they are starting their damage control after all. I’m pretty sure they were planing to lean more in the musical idea one-two years ago, but with everybody and their grandma releasing a big music number lately (and especially at similar time to the Shrek movie), press will be focused on the form factor of the film rather than the substance itself and looses momentum. There for sure will be singing, dancing and f‘ggotry, but they will have to justify it to an n‘th degree to not fall into the „oh ya, another non-musical musical marketing stunt“ 

That being said: can’t wait for the pre-release era that seems so really been kicked off now 🤗🤗

Edited by bpmMonkey

Oriane

So some of you really don't know what a musical means, huh.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Ma Ma Pa Pa Pa
16 hours ago, Dennis said:

Nobody wants to market their movie as a musical anymore. People really don't care for those anymore.

I really don't understand why this is the case, like the new Mean Girls (which sucked btw) was marketed as a literal remake, Wonka was not marketed as a musical, and the new Wicked, for those who have never seen the show, will not even connect the dots with a musical. It makes no sense and it bothers me, as movies like La La Land and Greatest Showman were marketed as musicals, and look at how great those two did...

When I saw you for the very first time Looked like Fred Astaire, drinking your red wine

RAMROD
1 hour ago, Ma Ma Pa Pa Pa said:

as movies like La La Land and Greatest Showman were marketed as musicals, and look at how great those two did...

These doesn't go great until they nominated and/or winning Oscars. Before it, their box office sales were really low. People have piqued interest in it after they nommed:won. People already doesn't like Musicals during these times.

The same way with ASIB too, which constantly landed at #2 in box office for the first month of screening, as people chose to see Venom. They're all revived and getting extra legs in cinemas because of Oscars. 

Edited by RAMROD
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

almanac
17 hours ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

The lack of taste? Deep, profound even 

They're corny, sorry! :billie:

🇧‌🇴‌🇾‌ 🇸‌🇪‌🇳‌🇹‌ 🇫‌🇷‌🇴‌🇲‌ 🇦‌🇧‌🇴‌🇻‌🇪‌
  • Sad 1

Ladle Ghoulash
14 minutes ago, almanac said:

They're corny, sorry! :billie:

Spoken like someone who probably thinks every musical is like Oklahoma or some **** lmao

almanac
1 minute ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

Spoken like someone who probably thinks every musical is like Oklahoma or some **** lmao

I don't know what that is. :billie:

🇧‌🇴‌🇾‌ 🇸‌🇪‌🇳‌🇹‌ 🇫‌🇷‌🇴‌🇲‌ 🇦‌🇧‌🇴‌🇻‌🇪‌

Ladle Ghoulash
24 minutes ago, almanac said:

I don't know what that is. :billie:

A gay being proud of being uncultured? Sarcastic Sarcasm GIF by MOODMAN