💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

TF(M),Biggest Pop era since 2002?

Jjang

Featured Posts

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No... just no, and wasn't Loud Rihanna's peak, TD just don't compare it to any of Gaga's albums.

Teenage Dream had six smash #1 singles, along with a #2 and #3 single, much better than TF/M. It sold ~6 million albums. GGGB had 2 #1's and LOUD had 3. GGGB had a higher metascore than TF. GGGB sold ~4 million copies and LOUD ~6.

You could also argue 21. Three #1 singles selling ~30 million copies combined, and the album sold ~25 million copies. It was #1 for 79 weeks, the third longest streak ever. It was also the top selling album this year, even though it was released last year. :coffee:

Teenage Dream had six smash #1 singles, along with a #2 and #3 single, much better than TF/M. It sold ~6 million albums. GGGB had 2 #1's and LOUD had 3. GGGB had a higher metascore than TF. GGGB sold ~4 million copies and LOUD ~6.

You could also argue 21. Three #1 singles selling ~30 million copies combined, and the album sold ~25 million copies. It was #1 for 79 weeks, the third longest streak ever. It was also the top selling album this year, even though it was released last year. :coffee:

1) MB was actually labeled as Gaga's debut WW tour,I didn't made that up,It's a record she broke.

2) TF(M) sold as much as Teenage Dream when it comes to singles,#1 don't matter that much,Sales do.

3) Teenage Dream had an EP re-release. But TFM still sold 10 Million freaking more copies.

4) Teenage Dream lacks acclaim and respect TFM's had,It just wasn't as big on a WW scale.

5) You are right,Teenage Dream was AMAZING as whole,But TFM beats it.

6) 21 is as equal for TFM when it comes to sales in combined ( Record sales,Only Because Gaga sold more singles though,Album wise 21 destroys it ) but what 21 lacked is that it was just about music and sales,Pop eras are MORE than just music,It's about iconic moments,Being an icon,Touring,Breaking boundaries ( Repeating,not only with sales ),Having culture impact,Being the one everyone waits for everywhere.

That's what Adele lacked.

All in all, it's total record sales were higher than any Britney era, right? I know old school Britney had bigger album sales, but TF(M) passes it when including single sales.

Technically speaking, I think it's the most successful of all time. ~70 million record sales from one album and rerelease beats anything Madonna/Britney/Katy/Rihanna has done I think.

Could be wrong, but I believe that's the highest total record sales from one era if you count TF(M) as one.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice little press kit you got there. Yep, she helped create a major pop resurgence for the new decade.

Silence those demons... . 🖤

It's not just about the sales. Gaga had one of the biggest debuts of all time. Not only her stuff was #1 all over the world, no, she was in every single newspaper. You can't deny the fact that she was the hottest thing in the entertainment industry during her debut era(s). Teenage Dream, Loud, OopsIDIA can't compete tbh

• 3 weeks later...
Little Fagt

It was her first peak

Many more to come :coffee:

i call it her actual start of carreer.

sorry but i only remmebr katy perry with one album, teeange dream since years and 4076532849723 songs of it.. is she still doing that same album?

Oops... I Did it Again...Rings a bell?

The Oops era ended during the first half of 2001, though.

OIDIA era: 2000 - 2001

Britney era: 2001 - 2002

ITZ era: 2003 - 2004

• 3 weeks later...
MonsterMarty

All in all, it's total record sales were higher than any Britney era, right? I know old school Britney had bigger album sales, but TF(M) passes it when including single sales.

Technically speaking, I think it's the most successful of all time. ~70 million record sales from one album and rerelease beats anything Madonna/Britney/Katy/Rihanna has done I think.

Could be wrong, but I believe that's the highest total record sales from one era if you count TF(M) as one.

MJ's Thriller has shipped close to 70 million copies of the album alone, that excludes single sales of Billie Jean, Beat It, Wanna Be Startin' Somethin', Thriller, Human Nature, The Girl Is Mine and PYT. On top of all that, Thriller singles' video sales are obviously astronomical. TFM is successful, but far from that level.

Archived