๐Ÿ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT ๐Ÿ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Sharon Needles: "[Gaga] was riding on my f*ing coattails"

Punky

Featured Posts

Very disappointing. I liked Sharon on season 4, but after the major racism/N-word debacle, I started to lose respect. It's also kind of ironic because Sharon stated she dresses up as Gaga "when the rent's due".

Right the N word thing, too.. It's like, Girl what are you doing?? :wtf:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Queen Gloria

Now Sharon's album has climbed to #6 in the iTunes pop charts... There is something really suspicious there to me. It was at #20 last night. Does she really have that many fans? To be honest, the music is pretty ****ty. I wonder if she campaigned people to buy several copies or something, something doesn't add up because she's not a singer, and this is just a novelty album.

Sharon is sublime; y'all are pressed. She's said lots of good things about Gaga before (in fact, just recently during an interview about her music video). And it's pretty clear from the way this blurb is written that the writer probably asked if people felt like Sharon was riding Gaga's coattails (not the emphasis placed in the first sentence). I suspect this was Sharon cracking a joke, as she then goes on to compare Gaga to David fukcing Bowie--you know, Gaga's HERO.

Too often, people at this forum lack any ability to read for context and nuance.

As for the n-word issue, that one is DEFINITELY sensitive, and if you choose to part ways with Sharon there, I can completely respect that. Personally, I'm fine with artists using offensive language and imagery if it is genuinely for artistic purpose, and done in a manner meant to investigate those terms/preconceptions/prejudices, etc. But that's really something that can only be decided on a very personal level, and if her using such language or imagery offends you, I totally understand you checking out. Thing is, I'm pretty sure Sharon does, too.

Who the **** is this dude and what the **** is Rupaul's drag race?

PS, what is he saying? Its like a cryptic language/tongue twister.

The only season I watched Drag Race, he was on it and I was rooting for him (or her, whatever), not no mo tho. :nacho:

Who the **** is this dude and what the **** is Rupaul's drag race?

PS, what is he saying? Its like a cryptic language/tongue twister.

Sharon Needles is a drag queen whose personal style is very goth. She frequently presents herself in a monstrous/dark manner that separates her from pretty pageant queens or "fishy" queens (queens that look as though they could pass for a woman). She very much is into the seedier performance art underbelly of drag, and really doesn't aspire to typical conceptions of beauty (in either gay or straight communities). She was the winner on season 4 of RuPaul's Drag Race, which is an increasingly popular reality TV show on Logo where drag queens compete in various challenges to win the title of "America's Drag Superstar" and a bunch of prizes.

As for what he's saying, best I can decipher: he cracks a joke about Lady Gaga copying his schtick (in other words, joking about how she's copying his tendency to be "weird" and present images that are purposely challenging to the mainstream), but then goes on to say he doesn't hate her because she's essentially responsible for a type of movement that he hasn't seen since David Bowie. Then he says he could probably ride her coattails, especially since she's likely a fan, but he doesn't plan on doing that. End of story.

Archived