Jump to content

💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Snoop Dogg Stop Smoking Announcement Turned Out To Be


RAMROD
 Share

Featured Posts

RAMROD


an ad :nooo:  :flop:  :icant:

We are all fell for it :franminervini:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ I'm not sad, it's just fashion (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • LMAO 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

JazzGa

It's not even a w33d product :flop: Mega clown moment

This guy puts out something goofy every Christmas... yep I fell for his cookbook with Martha Steward, the Snoop on the Stoop, all of it

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lucas

When I saw his announcement few days ago I thought he either has cancer or he's trolling :smh:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Red

I'm neither sad nor surprised 

Edited by Red
Link to post
Share on other sites

Controversiaga

Honestly not a cute topic to joke about. 
sorry if I’m taking it too far and being a snowflake but lots of ppl myself included have struggled with substance dependency and abuse.  Weed is highly addictive, despite it not having physical withdrawal effects like harder substances.

overcoming an addiction is a huge step for ppl and isn’t a funny thing to joke abt- especially someone with such major platform and influence / that being said snoop dog in todays world is not the biggest influencer anymore lol but still .  This was unnecessary and exploitive 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

weed

I'm still a little confused... is he quitting smoking or it's completely just this brand deal? I thought maybe it would be an edibles commercial lol but nope.. a little bonfire in a can... 

If he continues to smoke then that was very wack of him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Robo Ga
51 minutes ago, Controversiaga said:

Honestly not a cute topic to joke about. 
sorry if I’m taking it too far and being a snowflake but lots of ppl myself included have struggled with substance dependency and abuse.  Weed is highly addictive, despite it not having physical withdrawal effects like harder substances.

overcoming an addiction is a huge step for ppl and isn’t a funny thing to joke abt- especially someone with such major platform and influence / that being said snoop dog in todays world is not the biggest influencer anymore lol but still .  This was unnecessary and exploitive 

I agree. Snoop, along with other stoner-branded celebs (Seth Rogen for example) are hard to understand, because weed can be quite psychologically addictive and harmful - just from personal experience - and I don't understand how they don't feel the negative effects and/or acknowledge that? Like smoking every day all day will most likely cause memory, mood, and sleep issues, just to name a few. I used to smoke WAY less frequently than that and still had those negative effects.

For example, Seth Rogen was on a late night talk show a couple years ago... I think it was maybe Jimmy Kimmel? And he was joining via Zoom. He was clearly so high he could barely follow the conversation. I was watching with my Dad and he was like "What's wrong with this guy?" and I had to explain that Seth was a mega stoner. All I saw was an addict on the screen. And suddenly all the weed jokes, ash trays, etc. that he likes to peddle took on a more sad tone as I realized this man is probably addicted af and has yes-men all around him validating his addiction. 

A lot of people probably saw Snoop's original post and were proud of him, felt empowered to quit, etc. so to flip it around like that for a brand deal is exactly what you said. Exploitive. And careless. 

🤖⚡️
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Controversiaga
4 minutes ago, Robo Ga said:

I agree. Snoop, along with other stoner-branded celebs (Seth Rogen for example) are hard to understand, because weed can be quite psychologically addictive and harmful - just from personal experience - and I don't understand how they don't feel the negative effects and/or acknowledge that? Like smoking every day all day will most likely cause memory, mood, and sleep issues, just to name a few. I used to smoke WAY less frequently than that and still had those negative effects.

For example, Seth Rogen was on a late night talk show a couple years ago... I think it was maybe Jimmy Kimmel? And he was joining via Zoom. He was clearly so high he could barely follow the conversation. I was watching with my Dad and he was like "What's wrong with this guy?" and I had to explain that Seth was a mega stoner. All I saw was an addict on the screen. And suddenly all the weed jokes, ash trays, etc. that he likes to peddle took on a more sad tone as I realized this man is probably addicted af and has yes-men all around him validating his addiction. 

A lot of people probably saw Snoop's original post and were proud of him, felt empowered to quit, etc. so to flip it around like that for a brand deal is exactly what you said. Exploitive. And careless. 

EXACTLY!  Imagine the ppl who saw his post and could’ve took it as an inspiration to do the same for themselves :/ bad and tacky marketing imo.

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

monstrosity
1 hour ago, Controversiaga said:

Honestly not a cute topic to joke about. 
sorry if I’m taking it too far and being a snowflake but lots of ppl myself included have struggled with substance dependency and abuse.  Weed is highly addictive, despite it not having physical withdrawal effects like harder substances.

overcoming an addiction is a huge step for ppl and isn’t a funny thing to joke abt- especially someone with such major platform and influence / that being said snoop dog in todays world is not the biggest influencer anymore lol but still .  This was unnecessary and exploitive 

Nothing says he didn’t stop, maybe he’s just making coins out of it?
but if this was a stunt that’s really bad imo

Link to post
Share on other sites

Controversiaga
4 minutes ago, monstrosity said:

Nothing says he didn’t stop, maybe he’s just making coins out of it?
but if this was a stunt that’s really bad imo

He laughed his ass off at the end of that ad implying “yall really thought id give up smoking? :trollga:“  I think it’s pretty easy and obvious to assume he didn’t stop and this is a marketing ploy 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”
Link to post
Share on other sites

HIM820
8 minutes ago, Robo Ga said:

I agree. Snoop, along with other stoner-branded celebs (Seth Rogen for example) are hard to understand, because weed can be quite psychologically addictive and harmful - just from personal experience - and I don't understand how they don't feel the negative effects and/or acknowledge that? Like smoking every day all day will most likely cause memory, mood, and sleep issues, just to name a few. I used to smoke WAY less frequently than that and still had those negative effects.

For example, Seth Rogen was on a late night talk show a couple years ago... I think it was maybe Jimmy Kimmel? And he was joining via Zoom. He was clearly so high he could barely follow the conversation. I was watching with my Dad and he was like "What's wrong with this guy?" and I had to explain that Seth was a mega stoner. All I saw was an addict on the screen. And suddenly all the weed jokes, ash trays, etc. that he likes to peddle took on a more sad tone as I realized this man is probably addicted af and has yes-men all around him validating his addiction. 

A lot of people probably saw Snoop's original post and were proud of him, felt empowered to quit, etc. so to flip it around like that for a brand deal is exactly what you said. Exploitive. And careless. 

 

3 minutes ago, Controversiaga said:

EXACTLY!  Imagine the ppl who saw his post and could’ve took it as an inspiration to do the same for themselves :/ bad and tacky marketing imo.


I understand that you both may have had bad experiences with weed and addiction, like I’m sure some others have as well. But with weed, it isn’t as cut and dry with addiction issues and many people will not come to an agreement on it. There will be endless debates, but because so many people use it and have varying degrees of outcomes you can’t just say that it’s harmful. It will be for some people but they will have to realize that for themselves. The negative aspects you may have experienced probably won’t affect everyone the same. That’s why the term “stoner” doesn’t carry the same negative connotations as “alcoholic” and isn’t really used to describe someone who does harder illegal drugs like heroin or meth. 

 

I don’t think people were seeing his announcement as a calling card to quit. I saw lots of people mostly making jokes about his dependency. If someone wants to quit, that’s something they need to come to terms with themselves. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Robo Ga
5 minutes ago, HIM820 said:

I understand that you both may have had bad experiences with weed and addiction, like I’m sure some others have as well. But with weed, it isn’t as cut and dry with addiction issues and many people will not come to an agreement on it. There will be endless debates, but because so many people use it and have varying degrees of outcomes you can’t just say that it’s harmful. It will be for some people but they will have to realize that for themselves. The negative aspects you may have experienced probably won’t affect everyone the same. That’s why the term “stoner” doesn’t carry the same negative connotations as “alcoholic” and isn’t really used to describe someone who does harder illegal drugs like heroin or meth. 

I don’t think people were seeing his announcement as a calling card to quit. I saw lots of people mostly making jokes about his dependency. If someone wants to quit, that’s something they need to come to terms with themselves. 

I understand this, but I think when I was younger and more impressionable I really bought into the idea that weed was a harmless drug that you could just go all out with and not see anything bad come from it. So I just personally would never joke about quitting because for many people it's a daily struggle and it can even be something that has ruined people's lives. (Not mine, but I know people who really struggle with it).

I still smoke (less often) but I am just way more conscious of the affect that it has on my anxiety, my relationship with food, and my behaviour with other substances. These are just things I wish people talked more about! Weed can really change the way someone operates over time. 

🤖⚡️
Link to post
Share on other sites

apollorowling

Here in Uruguay, consumption and planting up to 6 plants per person is legal and it is very common. I have been using since I was 12 and I am 27. Since I was 25 I usually consume weekly and some weeks every day. I honestly have had no side effects, I can even sleep better, and my seizures are controlled.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...