đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Sam Smith & Madonna - "Vulgar" on June 9th

Teletubby

Featured Posts

COOOK

i never saw an artist undergo such scrutiny and shame for just "unpolished" or "untasteful" looks. it's the fact that only sam smith gets under the magnifying glass of the chronically online.

sam "discovered" themself recently and is on a journey of their own. we just have to either be supportive or stay away and let them be. showing up as your own unapologetic self is already a valuable message from our community and clearly it works because the homo- fat- femmephobic pop up even in a lady gaga forum that's mostly of queer people. i can even go as far as to clock a few off the cuff like one that talks about mental health issues but is the first to LMAO-react every thread about sam in photoshoots/looks, or one that stans alt queer artists with questionable aesthetics but angrily demands extra finesse to sam's.

this always get derailed, the obsession has to stop.

- and imo lil nas x has tacky, ill-fitting fashion choices but everyone is yassing and living for his noguing? god forbid sam if they ever try to vogue.

Edited by COOOK
  • Thanks 9

NATAH
10 minutes ago, COOOK said:

i never saw an artist undergo such scrutiny and shame for just "unpolished" or "untasteful" looks. it's the fact that only sam smith gets under the magnifying glass of the chronically online.

sam "discovered" themself recently and is on a journey of their own. we just have to either be supportive or stay away and let them be. showing up as your own unapologetic self is already a valuable message from our community and clearly it works because the homo- fat- femmephobic pop up even in a lady gaga forum that's mostly of queer people. i can even go as far as to clock a few off the cuff like one that talks about mental health issues but is the first to LMAO-react every thread about sam in photoshoots/looks, or one that stans alt queer artists with very unpolished aesthetics but angrily demands extra finesse to sam's.

this always get derailed and it has to stop. the obsession.

- and imo lil nas x has tacky, ill-fitting fashion choices but everyone is yassing and living for his noguing? god forbid sam if they try to vogue too.

it's because lil nas has abs :traumatica:

mother, what must i do?
  • Thanks 1

Roughhouse Dandy
1 hour ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

Didn't folks say Miley's bangerz era was vulgar/ trying way too hard to be provocative many times? Same back then for Madonna during Erotica with folks claiming she went too far every 2 days.

That was the same era that Miley was HEAVILY.... "borrowing" from black culture/aesthetics and getting called out for that as well. You're right about Madonna, so I'll amend my statement and add "in this millennium" because that was more than 30 years ago. 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

Bronco
9 hours ago, SharGaga said:

I think some of the imagery Sam is using is perverted and calculated to get a strong polarizing reaction. This is exactly what they want and what they are a getting. No need to label everything as discriminatory. It's called having an opinion. If this was a cis heterosexual male I'd have the same opinion. It has nothing do with homophobia.

Perverted in its definitions include words like immoral & unacceptable. Do you really think that queer depictions of fetish are immoral & unacceptable? 

• Thanks 2

SharGaga
4 minutes ago, Bronco said:

Perverted in its definitions include words like immoral & unacceptable. Do you really think that queer depictions of fetish are immoral & unacceptable? 

Sorry English is not my first language. Maybe fetishize? Idk:messga:

• Like 1

Bronco
Just now, SharGaga said:

Sorry English is not my first language. Maybe fetishize? Idk:messga:

I mean that's fair then! 

• Love 1

Guillaume Hamon
5 hours ago, Roughhouse Dandy said:

That was the same era that Miley was HEAVILY.... "borrowing" from black culture/aesthetics and getting called out for that as well. You're right about Madonna, so I'll amend my statement and add "in this millennium" because that was more than 30 years ago. 

Fair point for Miley but I meant didn't Gaga got the "it's going too far" comments too when she was really provoking not so long ago in late 2000's early 2010's?

Roughhouse Dandy
24 minutes ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

Fair point for Miley but I meant didn't Gaga got the "it's going too far" comments too when she was really provoking not so long ago in late 2000's early 2010's?

As far as I remember, Gaga got "going too far" in the context of avant garde fashion and performance art and not so much overly sexual beyond a few comments here and there. 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

Guillaume Hamon
2 hours ago, Roughhouse Dandy said:

As far as I remember, Gaga got "going too far" in the context of avant garde fashion and performance art and not so much overly sexual beyond a few comments here and there. 

Well when she was doing it she was doing it all like Alejandro that had religious imagery as well as her looking nearly naked like if she was doggy f-ing a guy lmao so it's hard to know if the sexy part alone would have created a drama lol.

TMM90
12 hours ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

who arrived being sultry like Gaga or Beyoncé.

Beyonce went sultry in 2013.

• LMAO 1

Naak Le Vaar
On 5/24/2023 at 11:09 AM, Lucas said:

Kinda mad that Madonna was featured on so few songs during her career but in the past years she just appears on such random artists songs...

She's desperately looking for relevance :oops:

Lmao they blocked my signature

JoeMo
On 5/25/2023 at 8:42 AM, Xardas said:

Trying hard to stay relevant

That’s literally it.. Madonna has always tried her best to jump on what the kids are listening to. See her doing that material girl tiktok remix with saucy Santana … gurl. It was so desperate. And that’s just one of many examples 

www.youtube.com/jmremixes
  • Like 1

Xardas
7 hours ago, JoeMo said:

That’s literally it.. Madonna has always tried her best to jump on what the kids are listening to. See her doing that material girl tiktok remix with saucy Santana … gurl. It was so desperate. And that’s just one of many examples 

Too bad that some gays don't see that because she did sth for the community long time ago (among many others, which aren't that glorified) and this made them believe she is somehow beyond and truth and criticism. She's been getting more and more desperation since 00s and now she's become walking desperation in everything she does, to the point that I everyone other than her fans mock her. Well, karma I believe...

IG: @bartoszprazuch

Nemanja

wow, overreaction everywhere...WTF?

Jesus, I don't know why it bothers some of you so much that a woman wants to release songs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Guillaume Hamon
11 hours ago, TMM90 said:

Beyonce went sultry in 2013.

That's from her debut solo era in 2003. Her song Speechless from the same era was also hot af.

tumblr_lk4j7ivKL41qcqqpjo1_500.jpgbeyoncecrazy-in-love-1322569507-view-2.jTerrence_Howard_BET_Awards_2005.jpg?w=10beyonce-baby-boy-video-1393868826-view-0artworks-000494739330-fwwkjf-t500x500.jp

• Teletubby changed the title to Sam Smith & Madonna - Vulgar
  • Teletubby changed the title to Sam Smith & Madonna - "Vulgar" on June 9th