💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Sam Smith & Madonna - "Vulgar" on June 9th

Teletubby

Featured Posts

hieronymus
13 hours ago, RochestrMonstr said:

Gaga has been doing them since the beginning.  Videophone would be offended!

did you forget about her debut single/album

SharGaga
10 hours ago, Madame Goo Goo said:

Everyone in this thread roasting Sam smith for no real reason reeks of internalized homophobia, femme phobia, and fat phobia :vegas:

I was just about to say that this will be an excuse for so called woke people to label others who aren't into this as fatphobic, homophobic or ageist. 

I'm actually looking forward to this. Knowing Sam's and Madonna's antics I guess it's gonna be another overblown sexualized video if there is one. I honestly don't think much of it like some people do. I just hope the song is good. I wasn't a fan of Sam's last album and didn't care much for their change in image. They can do whatever they like but people also have the right to dislike their oversexualized image without being labeled as homophobic or fatphobic.

Edited by SharGaga
  • Like 6
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 2

Ladle Ghoulash
5 hours ago, Sugar Baby said:

Oh no Madonna :saladga:

please stay away from that clown 

this is your celebration era/ tour and you do this ? Bye 

I mean, in all fairness, Madonna doesn't need any other clowns to be her own circus 

• Like 1
  • LMAO 3
  • Thanks 1

swooning

I have to admit, I’m not really a fan of their music, but these negative and elitist comments in regards to Sam Smith as well as to Madonna are just… bizarre and off putting. 

• Like 6

Xardas
14 hours ago, ControversiaGa said:

Yeah ngl the Ari and Blackpink collabs felt very like a relevancy grab 

It was just after her 2nd career peak, which was ASIB, so I don't take this argument

IG: @bartoszprazuch
  • Thanks 2

Vincem
7 hours ago, SharGaga said:

They can do whatever they like but people also have the right to dislike their oversexualized image without being labeled as homophobic or fatphobic.

It's just very suspicious to see how well an oversexualized image is received by the community when it's a woman or a fit man, but not when it's a fat fem non-binary person. Suddenly it's too much. Just look at yourself in the mirror and try to understand the real reason behind your so called "preference". You don't have to **** or date them. Why is this behavior suddenly not okay when the image doesn't fit the usual narrative? 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

SharGaga
6 hours ago, Vincem said:

It's just very suspicious to see how well an oversexualized image is received by the community when it's a woman or a fit man, but not when it's a fat fem non-binary person. Suddenly it's too much. Just look at yourself in the mirror and try to understand the real reason behind your so called "preference". You don't have to **** or date them. Why is this behavior suddenly not okay when the image doesn't fit the usual narrative? 

Or maybe it really is a bit too much? I watched the INHTMF video and the scene where Sam is sticking their tongue out with water splashing in their mouth looks like some piss p*rn simulation. People are allowed to find some of the things their doing perverted. Chloe is getting the same backlash for being oversexualized and doing 'too much'. But when it's Sam suddenly everyone who has a negative opnion is fatphobic and homophobic. 

• Like 3

Monstermilo
On 5/25/2023 at 7:17 AM, Art Deco said:

Be careful with your critisims when Gaga did duets with Ariana and Blackpink with her sixth album. Artists can do featurings with whomever they want.

girl gaga is bigger than ariana ever was and still is 

and shes def bigger than blackpink, i love BP but they have never even had a song on the hot 100, so what exactly is she grabbing for? seems like youre the one reaching 

• LMAO 1
  • Love 1

Bronco
On 5/26/2023 at 7:21 PM, SharGaga said:

Or maybe it really is a bit too much? I watched the INHTMF video and the scene where Sam is sticking their tongue out with water splashing in their mouth looks like some piss p*rn simulation. People are allowed to find some of the things their doing perverted. Chloe is getting the same backlash for being oversexualized and doing 'too much'. But when it's Sam suddenly everyone who has a negative opnion is fatphobic and homophobic. 

Whats with all the anti-sex sentiment? 

Like if it ain't for you that's gucci. But why is it 'perverted' or 'too much'. There's a difference between "I don't enjoy this" and labelling something perverted which is one of the many words being used to attack the LGBTQ+ community.  Legitimising this kind of anti-sex sentiment just plays into actual homophobes/transphobes goals. 

• Like 3

Roughhouse Dandy
On 5/26/2023 at 2:21 PM, SharGaga said:

Chloe's backlash can also be attributed to another idiotic -ism that's prevalent on this site. 

I personally can't think of a skinny white girl that gets the note that their art is "too much". Even when they're singing about being a throat goat and dedicating an entire ep to being "perverted".

People are allowed to think whatever they want about whatever they want; it's about the lack of consistency in those thoughts depending on who is presenting the same energy that leads some to see the -phobias and -isms. 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
  • Like 2

SharGaga
4 hours ago, Bronco said:

Whats with all the anti-sex sentiment? 

Like if it ain't for you that's gucci. But why is it 'perverted' or 'too much'. There's a difference between "I don't enjoy this" and labelling something perverted which is one of the many words being used to attack the LGBTQ+ community.  Legitimising this kind of anti-sex sentiment just plays into actual homophobes/transphobes goals. 

I think some of the imagery Sam is using is perverted and calculated to get a strong polarizing reaction. This is exactly what they want and what they are a getting. No need to label everything as discriminatory. It's called having an opinion. If this was a cis heterosexual male I'd have the same opinion. It has nothing do with homophobia.

• Like 1

SharGaga
4 hours ago, Roughhouse Dandy said:

Chloe's backlash can also be attributed to another idiotic -ism that's prevalent on this site. 

I personally can't think of a skinny white girl that gets the note that their art is "too much". Even when they're singing about being a throat goat and dedicating an entire ep to being "perverted".

People are allowed to think whatever they want about whatever they want; it's about the lack of consistency in those thoughts depending on who is presenting the same energy that leads some to see the -phobias and -isms. 

I think this video perfectly explains how I feel.

Roughhouse Dandy
1 hour ago, SharGaga said:

I think this video perfectly explains how I feel.

That's interesting. I don't think they do. But when they do, there sure are a lot of people ready to make thinkpieces about it to call them sell outs, extra, and every name but a child of God for doing the same thing everyone else is doing. It reminds me of antebellum-era stereotypes portraying them as aggressive and hypersexual to justify the abuse they get at the hands of just about everyone that isn't a black woman. 

Edited by Roughhouse Dandy
This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
  • Like 2

Guillaume Hamon
11 hours ago, Roughhouse Dandy said:

I personally can't think of a skinny white girl that gets the note that their art is "too much"

Didn't folks say Miley's bangerz era was vulgar/ trying way too hard to be provocative many times? Same back then for Madonna during Erotica with folks claiming she went too far every 2 days.

5 hours ago, Roughhouse Dandy said:

But when they do, there sure are a lot of people ready to make thinkpieces about it to call them sell outs, extra, and every name but a child of God for doing the same thing everyone else is doing.

I think it has a lot to do with the BS good girl/ Bad girl thing too. White or black girls like Miley and Chloe were "family friendly" at first and got even more backlash for being sexual than the ones who arrived being sultry like Gaga or Beyoncé.

Same with Swift. I remember her sea-through dress in the 2010's for Elle cover leaving most commentators "disappointed" and worse when Rihanna or Dua doing the same got a minority of bad critics.

Edited by Guillaume Hamon

• Teletubby changed the title to Sam Smith & Madonna - Vulgar
  • Teletubby changed the title to Sam Smith & Madonna - "Vulgar" on June 9th