💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

MEGARATE | The Kylie Minogue Leads Rate (CEREMONY TODAY!)

Cruelty

Featured Posts

Cruelty

Kylie%20rate%20header%20new.png

“The beautiful thing that I’ve discovered is experience – there’s no shortcut to learning a craft. Some people are blessed, and they seem to have it all from the outset. I didn’t, I had to learn. I fell over so many times, I was pushed down so many times, but you have to find your way to get through that.”
—KYLIE MINOGUE (2020)

6ya201b4vj0r.gif

She’s always been the first to admit that she isn’t the world’s best singer, or dancer, or writer. And yet sometimes I think Kylie Minogue is the dictionary definition of pop music.

Launching her music career in 1987 off the back of a starring turn in Australian soap opera Neighbours, Kylie quickly gained legions of fans across Europe and Australia with big-hearted hits including ‘I Should Be So Lucky’ and ‘Better the Devil You Know’. Since then, she really hasn’t ever slowed down. Blessed with business know-how, a great eye for visuals and (by all accounts) a heart of pure gold, Kylie is one of pop music’s eternal fighters. Shapeshifting through the worlds of bubblegum pop, indie rock, sleek nu-disco and everything else in between, Kylie has generated a bigger range of stone-cold classics than almost all of her peers whilst still finding time to cultivate a successful wine empire. 80 million record sales later, she’s returned this week to make her mark once again on the world of pop music, with the future-facing new single ‘Padam Padam’.

Notably, the woman is incapable of releasing a dud lead (which is annoying on a personal level, since I usually love to rip the sh*t out of at least one of the songs during a megarate ceremony). If these 15 songs were the only ones she’d ever released, it would still be one of pop’s strongest discographies. And who else has the sheer range? Kylie’s famously chameleonic attitude towards genre and image allows her to float seamlessly from the slinky techno pulse of ‘Can’t Get You Out of My Head’ to the sensual melodrama of ‘Confide in Me’, the country-pop thump of ‘Dancing’ to the euphoric disco of ‘Say Something’, delivering an absolute classic every time. Deft, dynamic and determined, Kylie Minogue is an integral part of the pop music landscape, and it’s only fair that we celebrate her towering achievements with this career-spanning megarate!

KylieHow.png

We’ll be rating the lead singles from Kylie’s 15 studio albums (sorry ‘I Believe in You’, I love you but it’s easier to make graphics for 15 songs than 16 :messga:). Here are all the songs in one place:

When you’re ready to vote, the Google form is here: https://forms.gle/9hHoeX2zXMwB6Zdg7. Score each song out of 10, and then at the end you can choose one song to upgrade to 11. Comments on any or all of the songs are completely optional, but it’d be great to hear your feedback!

You have until Friday June 16 to submit scores, and then you can expect the ceremony on Saturday June 17.

Happy listening, don’t let this flop, and I can’t wait for your votes!

NMDu.gif

MIGHT BE INTERESTED:

Edited by Cruelty
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 8
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 1

Catnikko

I only know like 4 of them, can I just submit the order of the ones i know instead of listening once and judging the ones i don't? :messga:

Purr

Cruelty
Just now, catsounds said:

I only know like 4 of them, can I just submit the order of the ones i know instead of listening once and judging the ones i don't? :messga:

There's ~a month until the ceremony, you could listen to the playlist a couple of times and then submit your scores in a few weeks after you've had some time to think about it? I promise you won't regret it – all of these songs are incredible:kiss:

• Like 2

Dr Fudge

Honestly, I’ve never been included on a megarate before so I’m super excited and thank youuuu

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 2

Battle 4 Ur Life

I’ll be checking out the older ones during the week! I’m familiar with every single one from Can’t Get YOMH up! edit: Spinning Around actually, but heard Can’t Get first. didn’t know it came first! shook

Edited by Battle 4 Ur Life
"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

heygurlhi

got to re familiar myself with some of these but im gladly here to sink padams score 

c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636.gif

justice for into the blue and all the lovers :vegas:

Ignore me i drink

Sherry

I haven't heard 6 songs so I'll probably listen them for a week and then rate the songs. Really interested to see Dancing's score. It is one of my favourite country disco pop song

Love it when you call me legs, in the morning buy me eggs 🥚
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

bionic

2 Hearts, Word is Out, and Into the Blue better be at the bottom wehre they belong

buy bionic
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1

Rhiannon

I absolutely adoooore Kylie, I remember hearing her older songs on the radio when I was a kid and I absolutely loved them ! But it wasn't until Disco that I really started to pay attention to her discography and dived into her albums !

I will take part in this megarate for sure ! Can't wait to see the results ! And thank you for tagging me !

R.
  • Love 1

dimitristhe

That was the easiest megarate for me. It took me 5 minutes with some comments too. I was singing the songs in my head as I was rating them. Kylie knows to choose the perfect lead single.

When we're not together tell me everything's gonna be alright
  • YAAAS 1

Bronco

Honestly we all know CGYOMH is walking this xD 

I'm just here to drag 2 Hearts & Into the Blue's scores up

bionic
1 hour ago, Bronco said:

Honestly we all know CGYOMH is walking this xD 

I'm just here to drag 2 Hearts & Into the Blue's scores up

CGYOMH, Spinning Around, All the Lovers, Locomotion, Better the Devil You Know is the most OP top 5 ever

buy bionic
  • YAAAS 1

• Cruelty changed the title to MEGARATE | The Kylie Minogue Leads Rate (CEREMONY TODAY!)