Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

The Guardian criticizes Taylor Swift’s lack of support for the LGBTQIA+ community

Teletubby

Featured Posts

The title of this thread should be ''GGD drags Taylor Swift through the mud and declare her an evil human being''

Please bring the same energy around when it comes to Adele, Drake and all the other musicians :vegas:

• LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

faysalaaa1
27 minutes ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

Right so this was covered in multiple responses, but she did it herself. In a music video and her documentary. It's funny that she only speaks about these things in marketable products rather than in her free time. You can't say "I'm going to get political because people need me" and then only cover those topics when you have something to sell. Taylor has been called America's darling for a pretty long time for a reason, and it's because she could energize a large portion of her fanbase to partake in local politics. It wouldn't be hard for her to project the phone numbers of politicans' offices during her campaign or even send a tweet. But she chooses not to. Nobody has asked her for money, although some probably will. They're just asking her to speak, and it's free. If you're more worried about losing a couple thousand fans than several million fans losing their rights, you're not an ally. I'm sorry. 

Taylor is an "ally", but she doesnt want to constantly be politically involved. Not everyone is capable of being politically involved the way Gaga is, so leave politics to artists that are truly passionate about it. Focus your demands on politicians, and if a celebrity talks about it its an extra thing to be happy about. But demanding every single thing in the world to be part of your political activism is not effective and tiring.

This is what happens when you force people who dont understand politics to be politically involved:

Edited by faysalaaa1

Bronco

Honestly the Guardian is a major enabler of transphobia in the UK so it is in no position to cast aspersions on anyone about not doing enough for the community. 

• Like 1

TortureMeOnReplay
1 hour ago, faysalaaa1 said:

Taylor is an "ally", but she doesnt want to constantly be politically involved. Not everyone is capable of being politically involved the way Gaga is, so leave politics to artists that are truly passionate about it. Focus your demands on politicians, and if a celebrity talks about it its an extra thing to be happy about. But demanding every single thing in the world to be part of your political activism is not effective and tiring.

This is what happens when you force people who dont understand politics to be politically involved:

Sir. This isn't about drilling oil or internet access or a Tik Tok ban. The topic isn't something with a lot of scientific debate or some sort of luxury or even something that would affect people other than an individual. This is about a basic human right. One that Taylor peddled to when she could gain something. Again nobody is asking her to chain herself to industrial equipment or critizing her for a lack of donations. It's about holding her accountable for something she herself has spun herself to allegedly care about. She has no problem being loud when she wants to be. But apparently this is something she doesn't want to be loud about. You've spent more time defending her in this thread than she ever has protecting your rights as a gay man. I'm not the kind of person to demand many things from celebrities, but I do expect them to back up what they're talking about. 

• Like 1

faysalaaa1
2 minutes ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

Sir. This isn't about drilling oil or internet access or a Tik Tok ban. The topic isn't something with a lot of scientific debate or some sort of luxury or even something that would affect people other than an individual. This is about a basic human right. One that Taylor peddled to when she could gain something. Again nobody is asking her to chain herself to industrial equipment or critizing her for a lack of donations. It's about holding her accountable for something she herself has spun herself to allegedly care about. She has no problem being loud when she wants to be. But apparently this is something she doesn't want to be loud about. You've spent more time defending her in this thread than she ever has protecting your rights as a gay man. I'm not the kind of person to demand many things from celebrities, but I do expect them to back up what they're talking about. 

Im not defending her, I actually extremely dislike her and hate everything she does, im just attacking the kind of arguments you are making.

I never had the thought of wanting a celebrity to defend me as a Gay man, most of them do it in a cringe tokenistic ineffective way anyway.

NichuuB
15 hours ago, PartySick said:

Help I'm being attacked by a Swiftie!

The homophobia and hate that woman and her minions spread are non stop

Property of @Whale
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 2

NichuuB
13 hours ago, ControversiaGa said:

I don’t feel attacked, don’t worry :heart:

I think I misunderstood the article- I thought they were bashing for her putting on a show in these states, so what I was saying is someone who is trans and lives in Florida should not be deprived of a Taylor swift concert or have to travel out of state to see her if Taylor protested by not touring in these states- that’s what I meant 

don’t get me wrong- what is happening in these states is very terrifying to me and is very wrong and I do wish everybody with a major platform and influence would speak up about it.

but also- when did Gaga last speak up ? I feel like it’s been a while .. 

She literally did it on TCB. That's the whole reason she added angel down to the tour  tracklist on the Texas show

Property of @Whale

salty like sodium
17 hours ago, faysalaaa1 said:

So? not everyone has to stop hate!

I know someone who went crazy trying to change the world and stop hate. She became better and healthy after focusing on herself, and gaving up the idea of trying to change the world.

Some people like Daryl Davis try to stop hate by showing more love to racists! I wouldnt recommend it to everyone, but it works with certain kind of people like him.

So every person is different in a different stage in life, and everyone has a different approach, we cant hold people accountable for not changing the world and stopping hate the way we want it.

Its not like you are actually against hate, you are just focused on a very specific kind of hate that benefits your political bubble and circle. While leaving 99% of the worlds hate aside because it doesnt benefit you.

Way to make assumptions and generalisations about someone you don't know. this conversation is pointless, you clearly aren't capable of critical thinking beyond your personal bubble. Enjoy living under a rock I guess.

• Like 1

TheFame Monster
5 hours ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

Right so this was covered in multiple responses, but she did it herself. In a music video and her documentary. It's funny that she only speaks about these things in marketable products rather than in her free time. You can't say "I'm going to get political because people need me" and then only cover those topics when you have something to sell. Taylor has been called America's darling for a pretty long time for a reason, and it's because she could energize a large portion of her fanbase to partake in local politics. It wouldn't be hard for her to project the phone numbers of politicans' offices during her campaign or even send a tweet. But she chooses not to. Nobody has asked her for money, although some probably will. They're just asking her to speak, and it's free. If you're more worried about losing a couple thousand fans than several million fans losing their rights, you're not an ally. I'm sorry. 

I understand that this is Gagadaily so Gaga gets brought into a lot of arguments here, but this ain't it. Gaga was an ally before it was popular, made her stance very well known, and actively advocated politically. She did a lot to repeal Dont Say Gay and when asked by the media if she was a "transvestite" she said "so what if I am" when any other artist at the time would have at the very least given a profound no if not a disgusted look with an attitude about how insulting it is to be accused of that. 

This!!! And Gaga has been an advocate and ally for the LGBTQ+ community since day one. Her career could’ve ended before it even started. 

And I’m not in anyway trying to compare Taylor or Gaga. Taylor put herself in a position where she said she would be an ally an advocate for marginalized groups in 2019 and 2020. Now she’s been silent since then and is dating a bigot. Her fans reaction is justified. Had she never said that she would speak up in 2019/2020, this probably wouldn’t be talked about right now. This is a problem she created. 

Edited by TheFame Monster
  • Like 1
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 2

JazzGa
On 5/20/2023 at 4:53 PM, faysalaaa1 said:

Not everyone with a large platform has to be an activist though.

And I'm not saying that??? You are arguing against a point I am not even making. That is very frustrating to speak to.

Edited by JazzGa
God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/20/2023 at 8:36 PM, urgirl said:

how are you going to be literate and chose to use that skill to read about POPSTARS AND ****ING SEXUAL ORIENTATION POLITICS, MOST BRAIN NUMBING **** EVER

I got a warning point for emphatically saying who cares about popstars opinions on politics.... this site is run like North Korea, the opposite of gaga philosophy,

and I swear only 1/100 posts on GAGADAILY is about Lady Gagas Music.

Can someone start a new gaga fan site please?

• Like 1
  • LMAO 2

I’m not defending Taylor swift here however, this whole conversation about celebrities not being good “allies” is starting to get a little tired. It feels as if an artist makes a speech or a post online it’s not enough, if they donate or do some kind of charity it’s performative.

ProfessionalClown
1 hour ago, urgirl said:

I got a warning point for emphatically saying who cares about popstars opinions on politics.... this site is run like North Korea, the opposite of gaga philosophy,

and I swear only 1/100 posts on GAGADAILY is about Lady Gagas Music.

Can someone start a new gaga fan site please?

Gworl I just got warning points for making joke bout the submarine thing.

We know what we signed up for when we joined this group did we not? 

im assuming it wasn’t about the topic, it’s just how you said it lol.

and this coming from me sis like chillll:interestinga:

Wolf Boy

The gate keeping morality gay police are so tiring, honestly.

This is not the battle we need to be focusing on. This is stupid.

Evil R

The way this thread aged :flop:

At least she talked about anti-LGBTQ laws unlike others

https://variety.com/2023/music/news/taylor-swift-says-her-concerts-safe-celebratory-space-lgbtq-community-1235632178/amp/

The double standards in this community shows itself: when it comes to Taylor people here are saying “she shows herself as an ally, she MUST speak” when it comes to their favorite artist it’s like “she doesn’t have to say anything, it won’t make a change anyway”

Edited by Art Deco