💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

The Guardian criticizes Taylor Swift’s lack of support for the LGBTQIA+ community

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Like 7
  • LMAO 4
  • YAAAS 2
  • Thanks 6

ProfessionalClown

We literally went off during you need to calm down and the entire stadium here in Texas screamed “shade never made anybody less gay” and many and people came with rainbow outfits, some with pride fits i saw personally, she talks in between songs and one of the speeches she talked about just whoever you love etc etc.

Not to mention pride is just around the corner I’m 99% sure she’s gonna say/do something.

• LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

JazzGa

She has such a chokehold on the girls of conservative American families, she's really in a unique position of influence here and she should pick it up and use it

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷
  • Like 19
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 15

NichuuB

She will talk about it again, once is profitable to her

Property of @Whale
  • Like 7
  • LMAO 6
  • Thanks 24

2School4Cool

I always respect artists who refuse to perform in places for these reasons, but I’m a believer that it’s more important for artists to show up for the people who need support. I’m sure there are a lot of gay kids who feel left behind in their state who LOVED screaming “shade never made anybody less gay” in a sea of rainbow lights. It’s not like she hasn’t been an advocate in the past either.

I’ll always gladly welcome anyone to speak openly in support of the queer community, but I don’t see the reason to randomly call an ally out for not ally-ing hard enough when she isn’t doing anything wrong, feels like they’re looking for drama personally.

Edited by 2School4Cool
See The Best In Everyone
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 2

faysalaaa1
41 minutes ago, JazzGa said:

She has such a chokehold on the girls of conservative American families, she's really in a unique position of influence here and she should pick it up and use it

Why the constant need to turn every artist into an activist? not everyone wants to play that role in life and thats okay.

Edited by faysalaaa1
  • Like 9
  • LMAO 2
  • Thanks 3

JazzGa
1 minute ago, faysalaaa1 said:

Its good if she did, but why do you want to turn an artist into an activist if they dont want to play that role in life? 

My wants aren't important lol. However, Taylor has a unique opportunity to reach a specific demographic of people that don't usually get to hear a lot of pro-LGBT messages. 

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷
  • Like 9

faysalaaa1
5 hours ago, JazzGa said:

My wants aren't important lol. However, Taylor has a unique opportunity to reach a specific demographic of people that don't usually get to hear a lot of pro-LGBT messages. 

Not everyone with a large platform has to be an activist though.

Edited by faysalaaa1
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

NichuuB
1 minute ago, faysalaaa1 said:

Lets say Taylor spoke up about LGBTQ+ issues, but what about Slave Labor? Guantanamo Bay? Yemen War? Jailing American Journalists?

It seems like there is only one specific script for a female pop star to be an activist, and it doesnt involve anything serious, just go on stage and wear a rainbow outfits with drag queens twerking around you.

Taylor Swift should be sent to Jail to pay for her crimes, and im tired of pretending she shouldnt

Property of @Whale
  • LMAO 5

Catnikko
3 minutes ago, faysalaaa1 said:

Lets say Taylor spoke up about LGBTQ+ issues, but what about Slave Labor? Guantanamo Bay? Yemen War? Jailing American Journalists?

It seems like there is only one specific script for a female pop star to be an activist, and it doesnt involve anything serious, just go on stage and wear a rainbow outfits with drag queens twerking around you.

tbf when you have so many stans that are part of the LGBTQ+ community it would obviously make sense for that to be what get's mentioned without having to be an activist..

Actual patient
  • Like 6

TEANUS
39 minutes ago, ProfessionalClown said:

We literally went off during you need to calm down and the entire stadium here in Texas screamed “shade never made anybody less gay” and many and people came with rainbow outfits, some with pride fits i saw personally, she talks in between songs and one of the speeches she talked about just whoever you love etc etc.

Not to mention pride is just around the corner I’m 99% sure she’s gonna say/do something.

I don’t see how the way that the fans react to a certain lyric or express themselves has anything to do with her actual contribution to equality and supporting the community. I personally think T.Swift has some amazing music and pop culture moments but her care for activism couldn’t be more falsified or overstated. She is the most popular artist in the world right now. I’m not saying she could solve homophobia with the snap of a finger, but I bet if she was more aggressive with her activism she could make a loooot of people think in ways they hadn’t before/wouldn’t otherwise. Hell, lord knows she loves to make multiple editions of the same vinyl, why not make one of them rainbow colored (hello Lover???) and put most of the proceeds from that edition toward a charity supporting LGBTQ+ youth?

We’re the past the point where using the word “gay” in a song is some massive contribution to awareness/equality. 

Edited by TEANUS
British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS
  • Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 6

TEANUS
7 minutes ago, faysalaaa1 said:

But what does a female pop star have to say about most of those topics? It’s not hard to acknowledge “hey a lot of my money is made from people within this community so why don’t I go balls to the wall to support them and speak out against discrimination against them” versus what involvement does she truly have in Guantanamo bay or Yemen? :toofunny:

Edited by TEANUS
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

faysalaaa1
13 minutes ago, catsounds said:

tbf when you have so many stans that are part of the LGBTQ+ community it would obviously make sense for that to be what get's mentioned without having to be an activist..

9 minutes ago, TEANUS said:

But what does a female pop star have to say about most of those topics? It’s not hard to acknowledge “hey a lot of my money is made from people within this community so why don’t I go balls to the wall to support them and speak out against discrimination against them” versus what involvement does she truly have in Guantanamo bay or Yemen? :toofunny:

I agree, but they are expecting her to ban states from her tour, and speak up against congress bills. I think its good if she did that, but attacking her for not doing that is weird. I mean at one point they tried to paint her as a white supremacist empathizer until she was forced to release something political.

Edited by faysalaaa1

TEANUS
3 minutes ago, faysalaaa1 said:

I agree, but they are expecting her to ban some states in American from her tour, and speak up against congress bills. I think its good if she did that, but attacking her for not doing that is weird to me.

Absolutely! Some people expect too much. But I think it’s really crazy how someone with so little public opinion on important issues can succeed so heavily in a society that is usually so concerned with public figures’ opinions, past and present comments, and who they align themselves with

As most know, she doesn’t really alienate anyone from this method of celebrity, but who is she really helping when she’s in such a powerful position

Edited by TEANUS
  • Like 1